“Group of 22 @Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton”

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Group of 22 were there last week, April 26th to May 3rd, we all had a fantastic time. Front desk Ingrid and Elizabeth were excellent and check in was no problem. Everyone in the entire resort were very friendly.
Service was good at most of the restaurants, food was the best at the Steak house and Asian...
Our Villa was 26 which is the best Villa on the Lady Hamilton side and Ingrid did her best to have the whole group in the same Villa. Great Job !! 3rd time there and I got my same room each time 2635 which was a plus for us...My maid Cami was really good, took good care of her.
Lawrence by the pool was the best and all the activity girls were super...Kitty Kat, Sunshine, Honey, Buttercup and Happy, and Mr. Go too, they made our day everyday !!! We had a ball with them...
Sunset Cove has the best jerk chicken we ever ate and no problem getting it no matter what time of the day we would go there.
Most of the group said they will return to the Lady Hamilton, if we get Villa 26...

Room Tip: Villa 26 on the Lady Hamilton side is the best villa
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Blueeyes630
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Blueeyes630,

Thank you for sharing your review about your recent vacation here with us. We appreciate your positive comments and we are pleased to read about the wonderful time and experiences that you have had.

As a 5 Star Resort we pride ourselves in the level of service which we provide to our guests. It is important that our guests have a grand vacation and it is great to know that you enjoyed all that we have to offer.

It was our pleasure hosting you and we welcome you to visit again in the near future for another vacation nothing short of Grand!

Write a ReviewReviews (7,078)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Check in was horrible the woman at desk are not welcoming at all. Very unfriendly.
Room was nice but many small bugs on bathroom counter all 9 days. Extremely large centipede found in bathroom (approx 7 inches)
Buffet excellent
Italian rest excellent
Steak house terrible. Over cooked tough steak no air cond
Other than check in all other staff were awesome
Pool was clean and nice
Grounds could be a bit better on grooming
Bushes in front of infinity pool block ocean view from pool what a error in landscaping!!!!!!!!
Our ac in room worked but the couple we went with had no air in their room

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank uollab12
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I traveled with my Husband and 21mth old baby.
The drive tot he property was about 45mins. Upon arriving at the hotel we were directed to where the a woman was serving the arrival drinks not butler style service.
We arrived about 2pm. We went to have lunch. our rooms were ready by 3pm. We stayed at Villa 16 on the Jamaica side. it was not close at all to anything.

This property is HUGE! it's a lot of work to keep it maintained. the grounds are well treated. The hotel is a eco friendly hotel so the practice energy saving. the AC in our room never got cold.We have the temp at 55 degrees F . it felt like 75. That was my major issue. There are no elevators to the rooms. So I would not recommend the property for older people or people with disabilities. the food was ok. The Jerk hut was a hit but the Jerk Chicken sold out one day by 1pm and they opened at 12pm??? That is a problem for a hotel of that size.

The kids club takes babies from 1year. Which is great. They have car buggy's that you can sign out and use through out the property. Which was a lifesaver, our little one loved it.

Overall, I felt like i had a good vacation, the property is nice, not HORRIBLE. It was def. better than being at home.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear deltagrl,

Thank you for sharing with us your review. We appreciate the time which you have taken to bring to our attention the pros and cons of your vacation experience here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are overall pleased that you and your family enjoyed your overall stay with us.

It is delightful that you enjoyed the delicious jerk chicken by the Jerk Hut. We must apologize for the unfavorable happenings throughout your stay and will see to it that corrective action is taken to rectify each.

We would love to be given the opportunity of hosting you again in the future so that you may have a vacation nothing short of Grand. Feel free to contact us if there is anything further we can assist with from this end.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at the hotel may 2 -5, 2014. I got to the hotel check-in was great. Had to ask for a welcome drink. Got to my room the AC was not on. The room was moldy, it smells awful and hot. They gave us two key cards for two of us and one has to leave in the key slot for ac to work. If my sister wants to go somewhere other than where I want to go I have to wait until she gets back. I washed my face and proceeded to use the face rag to wipe my face both rags hah blood on them. The were wrapped up ready for me to use. The hotel tried all night to move me but without success. I complained to the general manager and in the end restitution was made. They moved me to Lady Hamilton side. I would not stay ever at the Palladium side. They have water problem over there. My stay got better in the end. The kitchen staff were pleasant food was good. We ate at the steakhouse and the lamb chops were great. The trolleys on the palladium side runs often but on lady Hamilton side you have to wait for a while. Overall good enough vacation

Room Tip: Room 2919 on lady Hamilton side
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Great week at this resort. Originally allocated a ground floor suite in block 18 which was too far away from the main reception and restaurants and had a damp smell. Changed rooms immediately to 3rd floor block 12 which was fine. Staff were all great. Restaurants, bars and food really very good indeed. Although it is a large resort it is well planned and compact and there are many areas where you can get either peace and quiet or busy fun by the main large pool, although there are two other smaller more peaceful pools. Water sports facilities pretty good. Gym is good but I think should open earlier than 7am. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Go for blocks nearer to reception. Avoid block 18 ground floor. Some ground floor rooms appear damp.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review based off your recent vacation here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are elated that your vacation with us was a wonderful one in which you were satisfied and enjoyed all that our Resort has to offer to our valued guests.

We welcome you to visit in the near future for another memorable vacation, nothing short of Grand.

Best Wishes.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was our 2nd trip. Service was excellent, staff was friendly, food was good. Had a glitch in my reservation. Staff Kimberlee Whyte was extremely supportive and worked effortlessly with thru JTL representative Tracey Reid to remediate our issues. Kudos ladies!!! For the role you played in making our stay special. We would absolutely stay again.

Room Tip: Ocean view is good, away from amenities is quiet but the walk is a bit far to access the amenities...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings Michele B,

Thank you for sharing with us your review. We are elated that your stay with us was a wonderful one in which you enjoyed the great facilities and activities that we have here. We will be sure to pass your kind words to Kimberlee and Tracey.

It was our pleasure hosting you and we welcome you to visit again in the near future. Please feel free to contact us if there is anything that we can do from this end. Until your next stay, best wishes from our Palladium Family.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I only write reviews for exceptional service or horrendous service, unfortunately this is the latter.

We arrived on a Sunday to spend a week at this resort for a friends wedding. The entire group of 37 arrived over a few days.

The second we arrived I was amazed at how big and beautiful the resort is. We went to the front desk to check in, I knew we were a couple hours early and did not expect to get a room. We had booked a king bed, she tried to twice give us double beds. Then I asked if there was a place we could get ice or use a fridge for medication. She walked away after mumbling. I guess this was a sign.

The entire week consisted of long wait times at the bars and horrible service at all eating areas. The specialty restaurants had long lines and were next to impossible to get seated at.

The buffets were ok, food sat out too long and often tasted blah. Breakfast was by far the best.

The room was beyond hot for most of our vacation.

The hostess at the buffet was rude on more than one occasion and they do not like to cater to a party of more than 6.

I was extremely disappointed in this resort, as I pay good money for a vacation and expect the customer service to be top notch. As a frequent traveller I will avoid the Grand Palladium chain.

Please read the reviews and realize most of them are spot on. Spend your well earned money in a place that appreciates your choice to stay with them.

Room Tip: Buildings 11-15 have some amazing ocean views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Alscjp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucea
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!