“Wonderful and Relaxing Family Vacation”

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Reviewed 28 January 2011

Loved our week long stay. The kids got their fill of sunshine, pool, and beach. We only ate at the buffet restaurants because they're so convenient with kids. Plenty to choose from. Loved the pasta made to order that was a kid favorite. Ice cream at the Poseidon for an afternoon treat is a favorite. Plenty to to and the evening shows we caught the beginning and then headed off to bed. The kids liked the kids club too. We used the spa while they played at the club. Would highly recommend the resort. It's gorgeous and sprawling so you never get bored even just walking around.Very helpful and entertaining staff.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

Reviewed 26 January 2011

Good Points: excellent service from maids to buffet or restaurant servers, very clean facilities, huge hotel lots of space.
Bad Points: missing tiles in the pool (my son cut his toes on) he wore his water shoes in the pool & was told he was not allowed to. Seems they prefer kids cutting themselves and bleeding in the pool rather than having water shoes on. Buffet was adequate (missed seeing large melon sculptures and such) at this hotel, you just get the food in a chafing dish, that's it. Specialty restaurants are inconsistent in food. Enjoyed an appetizer at the Italian restaurant one night, went back another day & the same dish was cold. Had cold food brought to me in the Creole restaurant also. Dress code: the hotel says that men have to wear pants and long sleeve shirts. We went to a specialty restaurant and saw men with swim suits on when the men at our table obeyed the dress code. If you have a dress code and you inforce it or just don't have one. The room was nice but the jacuzzi didn't work & the toilet's water kept running. We brought it to the front desk's attention but it was never fixed. The beach was very rocky, don't forget some kind of beach shoes. The mattresses are very firm (no pillowtop mattresses for sure) and the pillows are also hard. But, if you want to RENT a specialty pillow for $3 USD/day per pillow, then they have them available. Bottom line, the weather was great but I would not return.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Serpicos
Reviewed 26 January 2011

This Resort was AMAzing my husband and I loved it!! Everything about it was wonderful excellent staff great food. Whoever doesn't like something must be wrong with them. I would visit again and again. They only thing I can complain about are those loud crickets but other than that had a GREAT stay!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2011

Why do I start. I stayed at the Lady Hamilton Palladium Hotel in Montego Bay Jamaica from Jan 12 - 17 2010
my feedback the resort was beautiful that was about the only compliment I have.
- the resort staff was RUDE!
- pool staff (male) would come and touch me and other female guests. this is so inappropriate.
-- we couldn't get bottled water except for the front desk and it wasn't even cold .
the worse part of my entire stay is that one of your golf carts nearly hit me - literally missed me by inches. i reported this, security came, a report was filled out. the security supervisor assured me that i would be taken care of but when i followed up with customer relations they only offered me a lobster dinner ( i explained I am allergic to shell fish!!) NOTHING else was done even though i followed up with THEM several times. when i asked to speak to a manager, they told me no one was available.

I cannot tell you how dissapointed I was in my stay; but i was only one of 26 people in my group. we all had issues i seemed to have more since i was almost hurt on vacation by a golf cart - with a driver that was driving like a lunatic. please do not stay at this hotel. it is pretty, but the service was awful!

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 25 January 2011

Let me start by saying if you have been to the Palladium in the last few months and were NOT happy – then stop reading this now and go get your head read!!!

I have travelled to several different countries and resorts and I have never been so impressed as I was with the Palladium! Let me address some of the complaints that I have seen on this website. Check in was fast and easy. HELLO Roan – someone please tell him Holly says hi! He always remembered my name!! Pool water felt a little cool when you first get in. What do you expect after sitting in the beaming sun for hours!? I loved the fact that the pool was REFRESHING!!! If I wanted a hot tub I would have gone back to my room for a Jacuzzi. There is an older man that works by the pool, he greeted us EVERY morning with the nicest smile and GOOD MORNING you could ever ask for. Sorry I can't think of his name – he was such a Sweetie!! Crickets being too loud?? Are you kidding me?? What would you like done about this?? A mass cricket killing?? For the record, I believe it is actually some kind of Frog that makes all of those sounds. The restaurants were beyond incredible!!! The buffets always served a large variety of delicious food – ALWAYS!!! If you walked away hungry, then seriously stop reading this and GO GET HELP!! The A la Carte restaurants were the best I’ve been too. We went to the Italian one once and Bubba’s THREE times. The staff at Bubba’s – AWESOME!!! Dwayne, Joseph, Shannon, Earl, Garth, Casmore, Tamoi, Boxton, sorry – I know I am forgetting a couple people!! At one point during our meal one of the workers, (Charmaine– not sure of the spelling, I believe she may have been a Manager), overheard me say I was “upset” so she came over to see if she could help with anything. I then explained that I was “upset’ because we were leaving the next day!!! LOL!! They made every meal an absolute unbelievable experience. I miss this group already!! The rooms were beautiful and clean!! Some people complain about the beds being too hard or too soft. Everyone has different tastes so the Palladium will never be able to please everyone on this point. So suck it up or stay home in your comfy bed! At one point while taking a shower “I” snapped off the showerhead. I called for maintenance and while we were down at the pool someone had come and fixed it. We also returned later that night to find a letter saying that they had tried to contact us to make sure the shower was fixed to our satisfaction and asked us to call them to confirm. What better service could you ask for?? Shows at night were a blast! Some were funny, some were dance shows, they had remarkable dancers. Something for everyone!! What an incredibly talented group!! Entertainment upstairs at the Infinity Bar was FANTASTIC! I believe it was Wednesday night when they had a Dance-off. WOW!!! Such a blast to watch!! Bars near the Pool were extraordinary! HELLLO Owen & Lawrence. If you meet Lawrence, say HEY DONKEY. He will make you laugh for hours! Owen is a great Bartender too!! There are always POPs (People of Palladium) around asking you to join activities by the pool or on the beach. At night they were around to dance with you and show you some dance moves. We saw Security people all around! One lady named Brenda was always around the pool and beach areas. Yes they do ASK if you are interested in going to a presentation (HI IVAN) but it is TOTALLY up to you if you would like to go and you can leave at ANY TIME! They have these everywhere! The ones in Florida I swear are run by Cult members and are way worse!!! Location for us was perfect because we didn’t want to be RIGHT in Mbay. Plus this place is only FIVE minutes away from the new Dolphin Cove. The ONLY complaint I do have,,,,,,,the food and drinks were so awesome that I gained a ton of weight!! Hahaha! But then again, since there is a BEAUTIFUL Spa and Gym there that I SHOULD have used this is my fault!! :o) I am currently planning my return back to the Palladium for next year, only this time I will be bringing about 12 or more of my Friends!! So for those of you that only find fault with places and who take joy in treating the workers badly, please do find somewhere else to go because I don’t want to hear whining while we are there and I certainly believe the HARD WORKERS at this resort deserve to be treated better!!

Cheers Mon,

Holly Nichol

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank HNCORNWALL
Reviewed 24 January 2011

A group of 10 of us stayed at the Gran Palladium Montego Bay recently. After a flight delay due to weather, and a brief delay at the airport because a bus was not available for us, we arrived around 1:45. Check-in was very confusing - very mixed direction from different staff. Some of the group were registered at tables in the lobby, others at the reception desk, and one couple was not registered at all even though they were registered at the same time as the others and had a paid invoice. Initially we were all placed in rooms in different villas, but were finally moved after a discussion with the front desk staff.
Rooms were lovely, although inconsistent in amenities - some of the group received robes and slippers, fruit plate and rum first evening, while others did not even though we all booked through the same travel agent.
Rooms were clean and spacious, in-room safe convenient, no problem with room being cleaned every day and availability of towels.
Pools were great -- other reviews stated they were cold, but we found them refreshing!
Food was good - lots of variety at buffets. A la cartes were a disappointment.....Mexican and Asian were not open at all. Steakhouse and creole were good. Seafood was a huge disappointment - appetizers were not available and very little seafood in the entrees.
Bars were plentiful, drinks were good. Bartenders overall were not very friendly -- seemed to care less if you tipped or not. Servers in the restaurants however were great and it was a pleasure to tip some of them. Servers in the steakhouse were amazing - sang several songs to the group!
Went snorkeling.....not great, but were not able to go out to the bigger reef due to wind and children on the boat. Coral were not at all colourful.
Took one excursion - again a disappointment -- beach at Margaritaville was very busy, shopping was a joke - only went to a mall that the tour guide was connected with and Rick's Cafe was also very crowded. Lovely sunset, but cliff divers constantly begged for money.
Overall, vacation was great. Would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2011

We staying during an off period, right after Thanksgiving 2010 and the hotel was only 35% full so there was plenty of everything; food, beach chairs, pool loungers, serving staff. The only strange thing was how quickly they run out of beach/pool towels. (Get them early.) We never had a problem with room towels like so many write about, but that could be because of the low occupancy rate during our stay.
The place is BEAUTIFUL, omg! Everything is immaculate. Our room had everything you need and then some. Mini-bar didn't cost extra like some all-inclusives we've stayed at, nor did the in room safe (and it worked)
Great food, plenty of restaurants, plus the buffets were very good! Sports bar also had great food for later in the evening.
TIP*** Beach at Lady Hamilton side has the wind surfing, etc. Go there the 1st day and pay $30 for a lesson to wind surf and then you can use the board whenever you want. We didn't find that out until the day before we were leaving.
Good music nightly in the open bar above the pool, its huge-plenty of seating! There is also a premium liquor/dessert room off of this bar with coffee drinks. (You have to drink them inside though). We had our desserts there every night because we were usually too full after dinner-give us an hour to sit and relax and we were ready for more food!
We would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank tamimia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucea
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay

Been to Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!