“My "home" in Jamaica”
Review of Global Villa

Global Villa
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lucea
Global Villa
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I often travel to the Lucea area and this is my regular residence while there. It's a nice guesthouse on the main highway with an ocean view. The owner and her staff are first-rate and they treat you like family (in the good way). The food is very reasonably priced and is cooked to order. All the rooms have A/C and it's like staying in a large house. Plus, you don't have to pay resort hotel prices. If you want to experience real Jamaican living and hospitality I highly recommend Global Villa.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have more airflow and nicer views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank P-Dub56

Reviewed 16 July 2012

This is not the most modern property, however, it was better than we expected and worth the price.
When making the reservation, I had lots of questions and from what we experienced, the questions were truthfully answered. Please ask questions and pay attention to posts regarding meal times. Make sure the hotel knows whether you will be arriving after 7pm and would like dinner.
The issue regarding the dogs was resolved. We never saw or heard the noisy dogs that were referred to in a previous post. Although this is a small property, a security guard was present until very late so, we felt safe.
Upon arrival, the staff was very friendly and appeared to be concerned about us having a pleasurable stay. The room and bathroom were clean. We opted for a room with 2 beds but we also had the opportunity to view a room with 1 bed and that room was just as clean. Air condition - took a little while to cool but once it did, it was excellent.
We stayed for one night so we only had the chance to enjoy breakfast. Breakfast was really a delightful, delicious, and palate-pleasing meal served on the veranda. It was obvious that the kitchen staff took the time to make an appetizing meal.
Suggestions to staff - 1) turn on air condition before guests arrive 2) Continue smiling while taking care of the guests.
All in all, we would definitely recommend this property and will stay there on my next trip to Lucea.

Room Tip: Room just at the top of the stairs on the right with 2 beds was large and comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Elegance2
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Returned: 6th October 2011

I have just returned from 11 nights staying at the Global Villa in Jamaica. I can honestly say this is definitely a home from home. The rooms are big and clean with full air conditioning and there is 1 large room which has a kitchenette and a sea view balcony.

The staff are very friendly and willing to help where possible. After completing business in Lucea we returned to Global Villa's just before 7 pm and the chef was willing to stay behind to cook us a meal even though he was due to go off duty.

The Jerk Chicken is heavenly and I cannot understand why this place has only got three reviews.

Global Villa's is ideally situated between Montego Bay and Negrill hence a perfect location.

The taxi fare to Negril is $200 JMD. It is only a short distance from Lucea Town centre which is $80 JMD.

If you do not wish to stay at an expensive hotel then this is an ideal place to stay - you will not be disappointed.

The previous review re: dogs are true however, you must be mindful that these are security dogs and I am a light sleeper, therefore I got use to them in the end.

Global Villa's is very international visited by guests from: Jamaica, Canada, English & Americans all of which were willing to sit down and engage in conversation.

Please note there is no pool or room service as it is afterall a guest house. The sea at Bulls Bay is literally in walking distance - about 15 minutes, very quiet where you can relax.

Before leaving the staff very kindly showed me around all the rooms with a view of me returning within 12-24 months.

My Sister and I stayed and Global Villa's and found this to be a home from home. After attending a family funderal this is exactly what we needed.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank scwelli
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Global Villa Strives to be your Home away from Home
We traveled to Jamaica in May and were happy to stay at Global Villa
Vin and Angela made us feel sooooooo welcome, home cooked meals and causal conversation on the Veranda over Red Stripes and JB rum
How could things be better, oh ya did i mention the cooking
Jerk Chicken, Jerk Pork, Curried Goat mmmmm yummy just to name a few awesome meals we had
We look forward to our next visit to Global Villa and would recommend it to anyone who likes to get off resort and experience the real Jamaica

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank thetorontodude
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Stayed one night to attend a meeting in Lucae the following day. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and provided me with a meal even though the kitchen had closed for the evening. If you are arriving after 7pm let them know if you require a meal and as the bar closed at 9pm (due to few guests), then you should also let them know if you are arriving late

The room was clean and comfortable with ensuite bathroom and cable TV. Free Wi-Fi with good speed was available and accessable from the ground floor.

Excellent value for money for the room, meals and drinks and I'd recommend staying there if you intend to visit Negril (20-30 minutes by car) and have your own transport

Only quibbles were the pillows and the barking dog that kept waking me up during the night

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank Soaraway
Reviewed 9 January 2010

We needed a place to stay to attend a wedding at Grand Palladium and didn't want to spend $550/night there. We stayed at Global Villa, Esher, Hanover, Lucea, a 12 room guesthouse (around a 10-15 cab ride away). Room was large, had sm. kitchenette and bath. Place was clean and people friendly. However, since they usually don't have people for only a couple of nights, no one was there when we arrived by cab (our flight was delayed 7 hours due to ice, mechanical problem, etc.) and we couldn't reach them. It was tense until the security guard was able to find someone with the key to our room so be forewarned if you could experience some delay. Beach nearby at Bull's Bay is a lovely 8 min. walk. Bkfst. is not included but reasonable. This is about 45 min. to Sangster airport. Clive's Transport was excellent.

12  Thank luvstravel2