“Once in a lifetime - must do.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dolphin Cove

Dolphin Cove
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Lucea
More attraction details
Owner description: In a natural lagoon, set in the warm waters of the Caribbean Sea, surrounded by the lush beauty of Jamaica's flora, Humans, Dolphins, and sharks become friends at Jamaica's # 1 attraction, Dolphin Cove. We offer snorkelling with stingrays, a jungle trek, Tropical birds at our own aviary and many more things to help you enjoy your entire day.
La Alfoquia, Spain
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime - must do.”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Swimming with dolphins is a fantastic experience. One not to be missed.
The staff are knowledgeable and very friendly.
We paid a bit extra and had a shark sit on our knees whilst it was fed. Wow!
The dolphins are obviously well looked after and have a large natural open bay to swim in. Not at all like one of the numerous "zoo-type" facilities that people are used to.
The only downside is that you are not allowed to take cameras in the dolphin area for when you are swimming.
This is to encourage you to buy the highly-priced (in my view) photos which they take.
It also means that rather than the potentially hundreds of memories of your party, which you would have if you took your own camera, you just have one or two which may, or may not be as in our case, be particularly good.
Still worth the experience though.

Visited July 2014

Lithonia, GA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I am an animal lover so I really enjoyed the interaction with the dolphins. The information that I learned about them was very informative. We also had a chance to interact with a shark and a stingray.

Visited July 2014
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“One marked off the bucket list”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife had always wanted to swim with dolphins, so when we went to Jamaica I decided to take her to Dolphin Cove. I personally wasn't that fired up for the occasion. Little did I know, by the time I left there I had put swimming the dolphins on my bucket list and marked it off inone day. It was an amazing experience to be in the water with these animals. We were able to be pushed and pulled throught the cove by them and overall we had an amazing time. They also had an area where we could swim with a sting ray and take pictures with it. They have professional photographers photographing you the entire time. Trust me, buy their pics. Its definitely worth the price for a Cd. Its about $70 for a Cd worth of once in a lifetime memories

Visited October 2013
1 Thank bigtjr
Morris Plains, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Unique experience but staff is somewhat questionable”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I decided to take this endeavor and overall it was a great experience. There are 3 packages. We went for the middle package where the dolphin kisses you, you grab it's fins for a ride, and you pet the dolphin. Amazing experience as I've never done this before in my life. Then they have a small shark holding area where the staff puts on a dance/show and then enters the water and hold the sharks and feed them. They asked everyone if they wanted to come in with the sharks but no one wanted a part of that. The next and last phase of this trip was with the de-barbed stingray. The guide showed us the sting ray and explained it's features and what they do. Pretty cool stuff. While we were standing there, everyone felt as if something was brushing/nibbling on our legs. Well, apparently it was the other sting ray they could not find. This happened after the guide mentioned it would be very painful to step on a sting ray. Not cool. People started to leave the water once the sting ray encountered them. After we left the water, the guide wanted to see my flip flops. He wanted my flip flops, and I told him I would trade him something for my Nautica flip flops. Eventually he gave them back but I didn't think I would. Then I proceeded to walk and another guide told me he liked my sunglasses and asked if he could have them. I told him no and kept walking. Some of the guides were definitely high as a kite. Overall, the dolphin experience was superb. Everything else was questionable and made me feel very uncomfortable.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank darczap
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun times!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

It was a great time. The dolphins were fun to swim with. The pictures are way overpriced. They don't allow you to bring your own.

Visited June 2014