“Not the best experience”
Review of Enoteca Bibere - CLOSED

Enoteca Bibere
Price range: US$28 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Glasgow
“Not the best experience”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My wife and I did not have the greatest experience eating at Enoteca Bibere although I fully accept that our lack of Italian language contributed. When we arrived we were seated and given a glass of white wine. The restaurant is cosy with a modern decoration within an old building and surrounded by wines. We ordered food but having drank the glass of white we were given on arrival we did not quite know what the format was and ended up with none – in an Enotica! Between the manner we ordered and our lack of Italian we had managed to get both my wife’s primi and secondi served at the same time and no food for me. We decided to share our meals so I ate my wife’s gnocchi and my wife had the Tarte Tatin with red onions and an ice cream Parmareggio. The Tarte was delicious and very unusual. The Gnocchi was cooked in local DOC wine, quite rich and over fussy for my preference. Another diner realised our lack of wine in an Enoteca was odd and suggested we look around and choose a wine. Once we started doing this the waitress helped us and we chose a bottle for our meal. Then the other two plates arrived. My wife had the first dish I had ordered which was a black cabbage pie and tasted very nice. Cost of our meal was 76€.
In all our visit was not perfect as we did not order well and could have been better guided. Also the food, although interesting was not entirely to our taste as we do prefer wonderful, fresh Italian produce served fairly simply.

• Visited June 2013