“Tuticorin's Green Oasis”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tuticorin
SATHYA Park and Resorts
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Tuticorin
“Tuticorin's Green Oasis”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I had last reviewed this place in 2010. Having stayed off and on at this hotel over the last four years or so and The resort continues to be one of the best options in Tuticorin.

Located on the outskirts of the town, the spacious grounds are still lush and surprisingly green for this part of the world,and create a very relaxing ambiance. The lawn in front of the building is a great place to have dinner or a drink or two. The one at the back also looks inviting. There is a play area for children and a lot of space for them to run around.

The rooms are very spacious and reasonably well furnished with a comfortable sofa and plenty of sockets to charge all your gadgets. The bathrooms are clean and reasonably well appointed. I found the spacious balcony a nice place to have my coffee. They also have a few cottages which are rather nice. However, The woodwork is beginning to look tired.

The LCD TV connects to the best choice of English entertainment channels in this town. The air conditioning is good, the fridge works, though it is empty. The usual complimentary tea/ coffee making facility and fruit basket were conspicuous by their absence. complimentary cookies are provided.

WiFi is free but the signals were weak most of the time and even checking mails can be a pain.

They now have a fairly well organised spa, where I had a couple of good haircuts at a reasonable price, but other guests did say that the spa treatments were overpriced.

The service is polite but not as efficient as I would have liked. Some of the young waiters were students from catering colleges on training stints at the resort. Their inexperience and lack of training tells on the service.

The non-vegetarian food is still very good but you have to make sure that they understand what you want, especially when you order room service. My dinner was not exactly what I ordered and the guy who took my order for the wake-up coffee went home after writing the instructions on a board which the guy on duty in the morning did not read leading to my oversleeping and then making a mad scramble to the airport !

They have a nice submarine themed bar on the premises with as good a collection as the state Government’s rules allow. It is probably the best in town.

Usually “resorts” are located some distance away from towns, making them unsuitable for business visits. This one doubles as a resort and a business hotel. It is ideal for families with kids .

Room Tip: Choose a cottage if you are not to particular about wifi
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
YESRAV, Operation Manager at SATHYA Park and Resorts, responded to this review, 30 October 2014
We Are Really Hounered By The Comments Received From Senior Reviewer Like You Sir,We Certainly Will Rectify The Small Mistakes Sir

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The best thing about this property is the lush greenery in which it is located.
Service here is unsophisticated but genuine
Food is par excellence - local fare which is simply unbeatable.
Overall had a short and decent stay here...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RajeevM19
We Will Certainly Working Towards Sophisticated Service In All Means In Near Future Sir
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The room mwas comfortable.Bathrooms very small and the location of bath area very bad.Air conditioner was giving trouble and had to swich off at midnight and slept withot A/C.
Outdoor dining in the lawn for Dinner was a good idea.Breakfast spread was sumptuous and good
Location very far from city

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Vasudevan K
We Apologize For The Technical Problem During Your Stay Sir,We Have Rectified It Sir,For Your Next Visit You Will Definatly Find Better Comforts Sir
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed in this beautiful paradise along with family in October 2013.

From the point of handling of reservation to our check out and farewell, Mr. Rao the General Manager personally handled everything, handling our reservations with promptness that left us surprised, giving us different rate options that was well within our budget. Mr. Rao ensured each and every query I had ( being a fussy guest and from the hotel industry myself,) was addressed to with much more patience and understanding that I would personally would not have handled my own guests.

Mr. Rao and his team ensured that we were treated like royals and left nothing to chance. It is as if he could read our mind and ensured that the 3 nights and 4 days we spent there was like in heaven - the food, the cleanliness of the accommodation.

The property is an oasis of tranquility in the chaos of the city. It has beautiful well maintained garden, and wonderful rooms. The chefs under the personal supervision of the General Manager produced wonderful and varied food. But for my family and I, it is the team lead by Mr. Rao that really made the difference.

The royal hospitality started the second we stepped into the lobby and stopped after we checked out on departure and headed for the gates. To make a hotel beautiful just needs lots of money and a degree of taste, but to motivate and manage a team to provide such personal, excellent and seamless service requires a special skill. Mr. Rao managed it all, very professional and specially.

We thought we were his only guests, but later understood that it is his way of treating each and every guest with the special touch.

Would strongly recommend it as the only place be it for a business venture or a family outing - this is the paradise.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thanks For Your Valuable Comments Sir
Chennai
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Had an very good experience with the reservation team while booking the resort. Very prompt, had provided all the details I had requested and had even called me to clarify questions and provide confirmation. No complains...... was a smooth experience by any standards. The confirmation of booking mail comes from a different e-mail address which is not monitored, though this was not known to me until informed, it would be good to put a foot note to state "DO NOT REPLY" to this auto-generated confirmation message. But the recovery due to this was good, since my response went to a less monitored e-mail ID, the GM of the resort called me to ensure everything after that went on well.

Sampath Rao, the GM of the resort along with his team did an excellent job from a service perspective. Each and every employee.... be it the bell boy who managed our luggage, the team who were serving breakfast, room service, house keeping... all did an excellent job.

Check-in: did not have any issues, was smooth got the type of room (cottage) I opted for. Nice resort, with well maintained lawns..... the highlight of this resort is the lush green lawns everywhere. Very unlikely for a place like Tuticorin which is great... this resort will be good till the lawns are maintained well. You cannot see the soil in most of the places inside the resort, it has lush green grass everywhere, well trimmed and maintained plants, perfect in shape... WELL DONE to the horticulture team of this resort. Have to appreciate them for making this place look so green which I enjoyed the most. The resort was clean, pool was clean and well maintained, rest rooms were clean as well.

Food was good, no complains. However I did not try non-veg. Breakfast was good and so were veg lunch or dinner or snacks items.

Few things which needs changes are some renovation is required to upgrade the rooms from CRT TV to LED/LCD TV's to better utilize space. A kettle in each room can be provided or provided on request for coffee. I was told the rooms are being renovated by the GM and the renovated rooms are much better with new paints, light fitting, bath fitting, LED TV with USB, better water shower pressure etc. Would like to see the renovation complete soon so that all rooms are perfect (just 1 suggestion - pls mark the switch in the bathroom room as HEATER else it does take while to find how to get hot water).

Only feedback I had is that the room service bills were a bit lost - ie. each order should have only 1 bill but I had several bills for each order which was a bit confusing to reconcile. Else no other glitches. When our taxi broke-down prior to our departure to the railway station, the resort arranged for their vehicle as a back-up if required.

In all a great resort, a best option I will recommend

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank AK_Chennai
YESRAV, General Manager at SATHYA Park and Resorts, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear sir,

Greetings from all of us at SATHYA Park and Resorts!!!!

It gives us a great pleasure to read your wonderful review. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay on a very special occasion at our resort. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same.

And we would like to thank you for your feedback on over all services in detail and your very treasured suggestions over all at the resort which i have taken up with my colleagues and we are working on...

a. I am already formulated an extensive plans for renovation (requested Architect for mock-up
room).
b. Training to staff to make our patrons more comfortable.
c. A kettle in each room will be provided on request for coffee from today.
d. Made an indication near the switch in the bathroom to identify the heater switch.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back at SATHYA Park and Resorts, Tuticorin for another memorable holiday / stay with the family/friends.

If I can be of any assistance in the meanwhile please do let me know.

Kakinada, India
Reviewed 20 January 2014

It's really was a very good experience at sathya park. The food was awesome and service was very good. The main asset of this place is Lush green gardens which are very beautiful and very very neatly maintained. Everybody will love swimming here because of it's maintenance and very pleasant ambiance. The submarine theme in aqua bar is also appreciable and finally the room ambiance and interior is also very good. I assure nature lovers will love this place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear sir,

Greetings from all of us at SATHYA Park and Resorts!!!!

We are very happy to have received your review post your stay on last month. It gives us pleasure to read that you enjoyed your Business get together at our resort. I have shared your feedback with our entire team at the resort who appreciate your kind words of praise.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our SATHYA Resorts for another memorable experience in the near future.

If I can be of any assistance in the meanwhile please do let me know.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Our family of 4 was in tuticorin last week. We stayed at Sathya Park Hotel. It is a huge property with a nice lawn. The children loved the space. The service provided by the staff was excellent. The food was also good. Quite surprised to find this such high quality in a small town like Tuticorin. Would highly recommend the hotel. Special thanks to the GM of the hotel who helped us find our way to the places we wanted to see.

Room Tip: The cottages are small, but good. Feels like being in tiny houses.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lakshmi1608
356BEST, General Manager at SATHYA Park and Resorts, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Season greetings from all of us at Sathya Park and Resorts!!!!

We are quite pleased with your stunning review! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for your amazing review.

I am so happy to know that you got to experience the best of our hospitality.

As they say, a place is because of its people and so is SATHYA Resorts - Tuticorin. I am blessed to be working with highly committed and enthusiastic team members.

Your testimonial will go a long way in encouraging us in our endeavor to provide the highest quality of product and service.

Your extended family here at the hotel looks forward to welcoming you back very soon.

High regards

P.Sampath Rao
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuticorin
Regency Tuticorin By GRT Hotels
#5 of 12 in Tuticorin
AAR Royal Park
AAR Royal Park
#6 of 11 in Tirunelveli

Been to SATHYA Park and Resorts? Share your experiences!