“Nice Hotel !!!”
Review of Elvetia Hotel

Elvetia Hotel
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Karpenisi
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I stayed at Elvetia Hotel for 4 days on January 2013. We got a room on the 3rd floor with a balcony on the front, was sunny,clean & comfortable.Every day we had new clean towels.The only bad thing was, the singnal of tv was bad.Also the service was good, with nice breakfast. The price was excellent.

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the 3rd floor are sunny and large
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days on November 2012 and my general opinion is not the better. Although the hotel is located almost at the central square of the city, I expected more than it could offer.
The breakfast was extremely poor, the staff was not kind and helpful (except the lady who prepares the breakfasts) and the rooms were dirty with very old furnitures. The television in our room had a very bad signal and the tv control didn't work. Also, we didn't have hot water at the room in the afternoon. I tried twice to take a shower, but I abandoned the trial.
Another bad experience I want to refer, is that when my husband asked for a different coffee (greek frappe , because he does not drink filter coffee) to the lady who prepares the breakfast, another man who works there was looking at my husband with a very strange way.
Something very positive and nice at this hotel is the lobby and the reception area. There are very traditional and nice furnitures, a very pretty fireplace and big TV screens. Unfortunately, the rooms are not good.
Generally, I do not suggest this hotel to the visitors, there are many hotels at the same area.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elenik1977
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Although the place is nice, the room clean and comfortable I was really disapointed by the staff's behaviour. I had to search for a servant for 5 minutes for a glass of water during breakfast, only to take the initiation to serve myself at the end!! This is only an examble of the bad service. We where there with a discount voucher but that's not a way to treat customers. Fortunately, we had a great time in beautiful Karpenisi.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We went to this hotel on a 4 day family break.
We got a room on the first floor with a balcony on the front.
It was weekdays so it was not noisy from the road.The view was very nice.
The room was average but the bathroom was big and nice and clean.
The breaksfast was just ok.
The staff were not very friendly.
Just a great location and good value for money!
Very average hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank werwr
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We spent three nights at the end of january. The staff were friendly and welcoming. Good value for money.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank george a
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I stayed for two days some months ago. It's not the Hilton, but hey, you get what you pay. It was cheap, it was clean, it was warm. There was free internet access via wifi even inside the rooms. The lobby was quite cozy with the two huge fireplaces. And i must also mention that the hotel is quite central and has a parking a few meters away from the hotel. The flaws? It's old and definetely needs a renewal. The bathroom is small but had clear towels. The reception was nowhere to be found every time we needed them. The breakfast was quite poor but at least it was fresh.
I would stay there again, it's cheap, clean and i know what i expect...

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank tsyxoulaki
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Well...I 've been to that hotel 2 weeks ago and I have to say that its site is way too misleading. Rooms seem in the site large and comfortable, bathroom seems really large and clean, they say that they have a buffet with abundant delicacies, wi fi, a comfortable lobby where you can enjoy your drink and good overall services...the truth is this site is a total LIE!!!!!!!!!
First of all, my room was soooo narrow and small that I had to climb the bed to go from the other side of the room where was the closet (which by the way was awful!). The bathroom and especially the shower was so narrow that honestly I had had a claustophobic crisis in there. They had soaps anf shampoos probably from the stone age and their towels smelled something between moisture and mildew. When I've actually asked for new towels because these stinked, an old lady in the reception told me that this was impossible as they are FAMOUS for their clean towels! (OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! PLEAEAEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Breakfast was tragic. You had to wait at the line (YES! at the line!) for at least 15 minutes to find a table to sit. And regarding the buffet...what buffet?????? They didn't have even cereals, fruits or green tea (in fact I'm not sure that they know what green tea is!). Another thing that really annoyed me there was that they allowed smoking in the lobby. I think this was totally unappropriate.
And speaking about unappropriate things...well in this lobby you will find stuffed animals (yes, you've readed correctly...stuffed animals...) How stupid and uncivilized is this anyway? What are we? Hunters in the 18 century? Badger, fox and wolf are protected species and in this hotel they have three stuffed ones in front of their main window in the lobby. PETA please take a position!
Furthermore, wi fi? This must be a joke! They have had a router hanging in their main door and that was all. This of cource means that you don't have wifi in your own room but basically only in front of the reception.
Air condition was also terrible there! You either had to freeze or sweat. There was no middle situation!
And the best part of all, I payed 80 per day for this place and I'm still waiting for the receipt to be sent...

Room Tip: There are no good rooms there!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple