I'll get the bad out of the way:
- The curtains in the room are completely worthless so expect bright daylight in your room at 6 a.m.
- There is no beach here so to lounge by the water you lay on grass and not sand.
- There are mosquitoes in the room which they are aware of but choose not to provide mosquito nets but instead a plug-in that does nothing
- The bathroom windows are just holes with slats so mosquitoes are free to enter at all times
- One day our room was cleaned with bleach that left behind overpowering fumes
The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Since it was low season they showed us several rooms and let us choose which one we wanted. Though they had prepared room 4 with lots of flowers (room tip: #4 is no good for "activities" in the room as the door is right next to the front desk) Somebody on here complained about Marina, ha!, she couldn't have been nicer. My girlfriend and I were going hiking so she pulled out her personal lap top and showed us pictures of the landmarks on the trail so we wouldn't get lost.
The included breakfast is fantastic and much better than the breakfast we had in town.
The Location is perfect. Close enough for a short walk to town but far enough so you don't hear all the noise. It's also a short walk to La Playita, you don't have to go back to the main road just take a trail down the coastline.
The rooms were cleaned thoroughly everyday though they are dated. We chose a room in the building separate form the main building and it's true that you can not see the ocean from the room, only from the balcony.
The view is better than the pictures! There's no Photoshop needed here; the water in front of the hotel is absolutely amazing.
They include kayak and snorkeling equipment but the water in front of the hotel is not clear and there is a strong current. Go to La Playita for decent snorkeling right off the beach.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa Serena Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Serena Hotel Samana, Dominican Republic