“flawless..”

Ranked #1 of 20 Las Galeras B&B and Inns
Chicago
“flawless..”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Like all of the other reviews on Tripadvisor, we're happy to report that Chalet Tropical is the real deal. I'll just take a moment to reiterate what others have stated; Sarah is a fantastic host, available to assist with excursions/bookings, or just explaining how to find the hidden beach you're looking for, etc... She and/or her staff were always available, yet very unassuming. We loved our accommodations, and the photos you see on this website do a great job of showing exactly what you can expect. Overall, we really could not have been happier with Chalet Tropical and give it our highest recommendation...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank doorpeep

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Nahsholim, Israel
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed in the chalet tropical village for 10 days. My original plan was to stay there for 5 days only but i just could not leave this place. I stayed with my sister in chalet no. 1 which was absolutely incredible. There is everything you need in the chalet, a kitchen fully equipped for cooking for yourself, a big lounge area and a queen size bedroom and an amazing porch where you can have you breakfast and relax. But most of all, the chalet is all built from of original style of wood in hand made style. you can be surprise in each corner of the chalet and can discover many small details that makes you feel like it can be your home. so, after 5 days i decided to stay longer and i got the opportunity to stay in chalet 1+1, this time with Dagan, my boyfriend. After being totally in love with chalet no. 1, i got in love with chalet 1+1 as well. everything in the chalet is unique and you don't see the same in each of them. in this one there is a round shower made of bricks in the middle of the chalet! that makes the place a lot more interesting and unique. The small details in the decoration of each chalet made for me the whole difference in my stay there.

More than all, I was in love with the staff. I came there in my pregnancy and i really felt like at home with a family and not in a hotel. Sarah, the manager of the place is one of the sweetest and lovely persons i met in my trips and she really took care of my well being and helped me in everything i needed.
in the area: from the chalet there is a 5 min beautiful walk to the Playita, an amazing place to chill out. from the beach you can take a boat to playa Rincon, a paradise beach and Sarah arranged for us the boat. We also had a trip to playa Fronton, a great place for snorkeling, and we went there with a local guide that works with Sarah. it was an amazing walk in the jungle and an amazing stay on the beach. The guide was very helpfull and sweet and he climbed on the coconut tree to give a coconut to each one of us. On the way back it started raining and got almost dark and Sarah came to pick us just because she got worried about us!

It's definitely a special place! It made our vacation the Best!
Thank you!
Julia, Dagan, Flavia and "little fulvio"

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We had a great time at Sarah's paradise. Stayed in chalet #4. Both the amenities and the garden were amazing. Staffs were extremely helpful. We decided to prolong our stay after our first day there. It's simply the best bungalow I've seen in the Caribbean!

Stayed February 2014
queens ny
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 4 night stay at Chalet Tropical. We chose this lodging after reading all of the wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor. We usually stay at all-inclusive large resorts, but this time we wanted a different experience.
Sarah arranged the excursions (ATV, boat, dinner reservations and taxi ride with Marco) all exceeded expectations. We stayed in Chalet #2 and the pictures were true to the website. The bed was so comfortable and the entire place felt like home. We had the included breakfast every morning. Enjoyed the fresh fish on the beach for lunch every day, and indulged at local different restaurants for dinner.
The weather was perfect and we didn't need the a/c at night either. This was one of my favorite vacations to date- and I travel 3-4 times a year. Can't wait to return to Chalet Tropical in the next few years. I recommend it!

Tips:
comfy sandals - there's a lot of walking
Insect repellant
Buy a bottle of liquor in town and carry to beach to make your coco locos stronger
Sarah offers free wifi

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Nilsa H
Coconut Creek, Florida
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We visited Chalet Tropical during the New Year holiday. We were two families with 5 adults and 4 children and we were lucky enough to stay in Chalet 4. The chalet was not built but I trusted the chalet would be ready based on my ongoing communications with Sarah. Sarah was so pleasant and such a great host. Traveling with young children can limit your excursions but Sarah convinced us that the excursion to Playa Rincon was a must. Each of our kids (ages 4, 5, and 6) had their own horse (with a guide in the back) and we managed to do the excursion without stopping. What an experience and the kids really enjoyed it. We then rented ATVs and drove them all over. It was such a great way to see as much as you wanted. Las Galeras is such a great little town with friendly people. The grounds at Chalet Tropical are family friendly. When we relaxed at the chalet the kids ran around the grounds and we were not worried. They even played with Sarah's father in law. Sarah's staff is very helpful and they are all very pleasant. This is a great place to stay if you are looking for a natural, relaxing, and adventurous vacation.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Veruschka Z
Rosemont, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Our visit to Chalet Tropical Village was just like the others who have posted reviews on Tripadvisor! There was nothing that we would have changed! Every arrangement Sarah offered to make was done. Taxis were on time; tours were arranged; boats were scheduled; reservations were made.....Nothing went wrong! Our casa was wonderful for our family of five! And not enough can be said about the friendly people we met! We truly felt as though we had gone far, far away! Kudos to Sarah and all who work with her!
P.S.~ I only checked average for sleep quality because of the sweet roosters who share this beautiful part of the world. Extra sleep could be found on the beach!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BetseyHil
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Me wifey 2 kids , mother in law) stayed at Chalet tropical the last week of Nov of 2013. It exceeded all of our expectations . I travel a lot and thistrip counts as A favorite one.

4 am, out of Santo Domingo airport - i see our driver Marcus from Chalet Tropical ready for a 2.5 hrs drive to Las galeras . 7 am here we are @ magical Chalet tropical - enterting the gates into a private haven in paradise.
Greeted by Sarah, the owner of Chalet Tropical. No words for her. An amazing friendly woman hospitable, gracious, and genuine. IShe swept us into a full tour of our home and then the immediate surroundings.
I would say Sarah is Las galeras. She knows every nook and corner of this laid back remote beach village. Her heart to provide you with an excellent stay is in her smile - one will feel it. She ia an amazing architect too - you got to see how she designed the 4 Chalets . The Villa that we stayed in was detailed, breathtaking, non traditional and magical. My kids loved the place.They did not want to return back to NY . Sarah even gave them huge over the "ground pool ". take a look my photos and see -Actually you do not need a pool - when u have those amazing beach-la playita - white sandy beach , turquoise water in 5 min -10min- just for you hardly 20-30 folks on the beach. Got to say Playita - a remote, wonderful quite beach with great sea food prepared for you right on the beach under the palms.

Sarah Paradiso will guide you along your way with tips on restaurants, beaches, hikes etc. You name it / any info you need she will help you with it. Have Sarah organize your travel from the airport and all day trips-No worries - Quad Bike for all week. Dinner at El cabito(a must such a romantic placeon top of a hill hanging oover the ocean and waves smashing beneath you) , Zipline ( adrenaline do it -my 10 & 5 yr luv'd ) , Sea lion encounter (omg my kids and we were like-no words) Boat trip to national park , Bacardi beach-lunch , speed boat trip to Rincon and the horse ride by Rudy ( great guide and young fellow ) .Then, dancing, clubbing late nites at the local bars. Amazing Amazing. Las galeras I will come back . Sarah is building a big Chalet - where I will stay next time.

If you want a quaint, lovely town with wonderful beaches ,snorkeling not far off- Chalet Tropical in Las Galeras, never get dissapointed- Forget those - All inclusive deals .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
#4 of 4 in Las Galeras
21 Palms B&B
21 Palms B&B
#2 of 20 in Las Galeras

Been to Chalet Tropical Village? Share your experiences!