“Samana” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Las Galeras
Ottawa, Canada
“Samana”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very nice place..would go back in a heart beet!
Beautifull beach, the scenary is just wonderfull!
The food was great, staff was great...
Great disco... we had a blast!

Nothing negative to say about this place!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hermenie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Waghausel, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

The best hotel i ever see.great service, big and very clean pool-area, fantastic ocean.everything is perfect from a-z.very friendly and the worldbest animateurs ...many greetings especially to mikiki and all the rest of the crew...

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank 19MaRcO77
Gatineau, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

just got back from this lovely resort, we add a blast, our room was nice and clean 1217 second floor we add ocean view lots of palm trees, the maid was very nice, lots of pillows ,always fresh towels everyday, the bed was very comfy, the food was amazing lots of choise always something good to eat, the dessert bar was wow , lots of fruit, orange juice apple juice coffee and tea it was perfect, the omelette station was great he always add a big smile on his face ,the bars always made good drinks banana mama were very good and their pina colada was yummy, the beach was nice and warm white sand , lots of chairs cant complain everything was perfect we add a great time the staff was very nice hard working always big smiles on their faces I will be bach for shure but will land in samana we did the 3:40 minutes drive from Puerto plata its was a long drive but it was worth it we enjoyed every minute we where there thank you

Room Tip: in room 1217 was perfect a/c work great it was quiet always hot water
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rachel F
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

definitely coming back! for sure:) everyone is so friendly! I love it. I learned how to twerk in less than a week! drank more than ever! and tanned all week long. nicest place yet! I never wanted to leave. really. I totally cried like a baby. and that mikiki is such a cutie too:p

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Madyssen
southwestern, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Small resort in terms of room size-get an ocean view it is worth it. The resort grounds are stunning-palm trees and wide grassy area which leads to the ocean. Plenty of chairs-no need to get up early to get a chair. 10 minute walk along the ocean to Las Galleries-small shops, restaurants, internet cafés. The Samana airport does have a duty free shop-near the only gate- but prices for coffee and cocoa are higher.

Bus ride from airport was one with a view of villages. Reminder to watch that your luggage gets on the right bus-mine didn't but I had it within 2 hours.

Resort is very well maintained and very clean-public washroom are very clean-as in like home. The hotel room has a small fridge with water and pop. You need to ask to get key for safe-15 US dollars-put key in safe and enter 6 digit code twice. Put one of your two access keys into the slot by your door-this will give you power.

Food-we ate at main Buffett and the beach Buffett. Service for water and drinks at these is slow and this is one thing I would suggest be worked on. Food -healthy and not so healthy choices, variety.

Beach-is beautiful and great for shell hunting. Don't rush into the water check for rocks and sea grass, plenty of sandy areas.

Overall a great resort, friendly staff-cleaning and maintenance do an amazing job. family friendly and for anyone wanting peace and relaxation.

visit was april 18 to april 25

Room Tip: stayed in building 1100-odd numbers have ocean view room was modern and had comfy beds
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank sunnysmiles72
Gravenhurst, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I loved this resort. The food was good for an all-inclusive resort, the accommodates were nice and very clean, the staff were all very friendly (especially Yessie, Lima and Mikiki) and the resort is well planned. Our garden view room was ground floor and only a few minutes from the beach and the central pools. The entertainment was great and the staff all work very hard to make your stay great. The resort is kid friendly, but there were not too many children there during our stay so I would also recommend it for couples.

We travelled with Sunwing and the service was excellent. Our representative, Ramon, was very helpful and had lots of tips for us during our stay. The excursions through Sunwing were great and we had lots of fun exploring the village of Las Galeras.

The beach is great, kept very clean and the grass area at the shore was perfect for lounging. As someone who don't tan well, the shade from the palm trees was a blessing and the grass was short enough that you could clean the sand of your feet with little trouble!

Overall, I enjoyed my stay immensely and I hope to go back!

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are set back from the water a significant distance and there are lots of palm t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LizCalvert
kalispell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a gorgeous resort. The setting can't be beat, a white sandy beach with aqua blue, crystal clear water. Palm trees for shade.The weather was perfect every day. It did not rain until the morning we left. We had a beautiful spacious room with an ocean view. Thank you Noris :) Everything was clean and lovely! And our maids (1109) kept it just so. Everyone at the desk is so nice. The whole staff is so friendly and lovely. I've never had so many compliments in my life. They made me feel like an angel had just landed in their midst. Ronnie is an especially sweet bell man. If you want to do more than swim, sun, and relax, there is something to do all day long, between the wonderful care Viannely and Pinkie give to the little kids so their parents can relax, Railyn leading all the dazzled ladies twice a day for aerobics, (He's too sexy for his clothes), Jousseff organizing volleyball, or Eric archery, etc. There is always something to do at the resort.

We also made some excursions, got up close and personal with the whales on a whale watch, and had a fabulous day on another beautiful beach, Rincon, where we were the only people there, except Wilson and his family who served us a beautiful fish lunch, and the sweet lady who gave me a pedicure which included hand painted tiny flowers on my toenails, all for 4.00.

At Grand Paradise, the food was fabulous! Every night a different theme in the buffet, plus lovely fresh fruits and salads, and yes plenty of vegetarian dishes. If you can't find something you like here, you are way too picky. It was so good. And when I told the Chef I especially loved Mani, (A treat only served on Dominican night) he made me some especially and had it fixed for me on my last day. :) I wish I knew his name, he is a sweetie! We ate in the Seafood restaurant too and if was really great too. If you are hungry in between, there is a snack restaurant. Check out the paninis or the pizza, YUM! All the wait staff was friendly and helpful.

Thank you to all the bartenders but especially Roberto outside the Discotheque, who is especially nice and makes good drinks! Every night we tried the special aperitif outside the diningroom and they were all good and pretty to look at.

After dinner there is a show every night. They were really great! I totally enjoyed each one, all the costumes the sets and Judith's choreography, It was all great! The dancers are good! But the fire show poolside, is especially fabulous, sensual and beautiful. It gets your motor running. and pre-show, Jousseff and the animation team's contests and comedy are so funny.

Our trip was especially fun because the dancers and animation team befriended us. We participated in every pre-show warm up, the dance lessons the contests and it was so much fun. I never won at anything, until they put a fix in for me on my last night! A special thank you to Yonatan for that and for always being so sweet.

But really, big hugs and many, many thanks to Olga, Yessie, Viannely, Pinkie, Yuberkis, Mikiki, Kaky, Lima, Yousseff, Eric, Daniel, Alexis, Yonaton, and Railyn, for your warmth and charm, for making us feel like friends, especially after the shows at the disco. Thank you to Viannely for trying to teach me to twerk! Thank you to all the guys for teaching me to Bachata, Merengue, Salsa, Reggaeton, or whatever Andujar decided to play, with patience when I lost my way for a moment, and for always smiling, and dancing another dance, when I know you had to be tired and ready to go home. You never let it show. You all made our stay really fun! And I am so sad I don't have someone to dance with every night now!
It is truly a magical place. I fell under the island's spell and it still has not worn off.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
#6 of 60 in Samana Province
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,773 reviews
Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection
Luxury Bahia Principe Samana Don Pablo Collection
Luxury Bahia Principe Samana Don...
#3 of 60 in Samana Province

Been to Grand Paradise Samana? Share your experiences!