“Hidden gem!”

Grand Paradise Samana
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Las Galeras
“Hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We booked this vacation last minute, we have been to Cuba, Mexico and on a cruise before so wanted to try something new. Looked for a great price, and Grand Paradise Samana came up for under 750.00 pp. With that kind of price and it being a 3 star we didn't have much expectations. We're we ever surprised! We are use to going to a huge resort with over 800-1000 rooms this resort is much smaller with only 420 rooms but the personal touches we received here were unbelievable! We arrived around 3:00pm and as we were getting off the bus they lined the entrance on both sides and sang and clapped until every one entered, there was a lady there with a tray of welcome drinks! Check in went quick and easy! You need to rent the safe for $15 if you want one and they give you two room keys for your towels and the remote for your tv which never worked all week but we weren't there to watch tv so that didn't bug us at all. We got on bathing suits and headed to the beach. The beach is lovely and there are 3 small pools. We would spend our mornings at the beach and our afternoon at pools. They have water aerobics at the beach and a lot of other activities like Zumba,frisbee, archery, ect. They also have dance lessons every day at the pool.
The food: this was the biggest and best surprise for us! The food actually has taste! We were at a 5star in Cuba last year and couldn't eat the food! They have a wide variety everyday! From chicken wings to a pasta station, to potatoe scallop to hamburgers. There are only 2 a la cartes an Italian and seafood. We preferred the Italian, they had mozzarella sticks and the steak was awesome! The seafood had shrimp and garlic mashed potato that were delish! We enjoyed both! Then the best of all on Wednesday we got an invitation under our door for a special beach dinner with lobster! They know how to wine and dine you!
Shows:every night we enjoyed the shows! The have different theme nights! We even went up on stage and joined in on the couples show one night! We had a blast! A big shout out to jessi-yessenis Rosario she was awesome! Always smiling and saying hola every time she seen us, we will remain friends forever! There was also Eric, Alexis, Youseff, and many more! These people made our vacation so enjoyable!
My favourite bar tenders were Newman and Francis! Who always made sure my wine glass was full! Tip all these workers well they put in very long days!

The resort was only half full so there was always lots of chairs and never a wait for tables or line up at the buffet! We are so glad we found this hidden gem! We will be back! I feel like I truly found Paradise!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room choose buildings 1 or 2, buildings 5-8 are closer to the disco and they hav...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank brittany s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was the most fun I have ever had on a vacation. The beach and water are stunning and the views of the mountains are even better. The staff get everyone involved in everything and encourage you to participate. Special shoutout to Lima, Daniel, Erick, Margarita, Jessie, and an even bigger shout out to mikiki who sat with us for almost every meal! The food and drinks are delicious and there is plenty of variety. It was an amazing trip and I would recommend this resort to everyone!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Overall good vacation, great atmosphere and people. My personal favourite was mikiki. Very friendly and loves to get along with guests and really made my vacation so much better. I would definitely recommend going there, I am almost positive you won't regret it.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jmacdonald71
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Beautiful beach and water. Always something to do; kayaking, volleyball, aerobics, etc. The employees are very approachable and make you feel welcome. They get you involved in all of the activities and get to know you on a personal level. Mikiki, Lima, Daniel, Erick, Youssef, Margarita, and Jessie specifically made my stay exceptional. Because it isn't a huge resort, you build relationships with both the workers and the people you meet. I would visit Grand Paradise again.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Marr1
Welland, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The resort was amazing, and it was all because of the people running it. Mikiki was my best friend the whole week and he made me feel at home. I had an amazing time and I would definitely go back in the future. Thank you to everyone for making the trip and amazing experience and enjoyable time.

• Stayed May 2014
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel was nice, my boyfriend got the upgraded room and it was spacious and clean. The housekeeping were really on the ball with our preferences and needs. We don't drink pop so they only put water in the fridge. We put the water in the freezer to keep it extra cold and they stuffed the freezer full. The flowers on our freshly made bed everyday gave it such a nice tropical holiday feel.

The beachfront was lovely and I liked how you could sit in between the palm trees that were just before the beach. There were lots of activities and the really dark skinned guy with muscles was a really good aerobics instructor. I wish there were more lounge chairs and not as many broken ones though.

I would like to say a special thank you to the entertainment staff. Not only were they friendly and talented they made our trip so very special. I hope Mikiki, Eric, Margarita, Lima, Daniel, and all the others whose names I regretfully don't remember know just how awesome they are.

I am not a huge fan of resorts, the food is mediocre, the beach crowded, the screaming kids in the pool and what I am always sad about, the empty, early closing, westerner filled disco. I told my boyfriend if we were going that what I wanted to do most of all was DANCE. Not at the disco but with the locals, drinking rum and mixing our own drinks at the table with a bucket of ice and a bottle of pop. I love how they all get up and they all know how to dance and are not afraid of asking someone to dance or looking silly. So Mikiki, Margerita, and Lima were our chaperons at the discos.

I tried to dance with Lima because he was my favorite dancer but somehow I ended up with some other random dude who wasnt as good :-( I proceeded to get wasted and we changed venues. I like to wander around when drink and at clubs so I spent some time doing that and dancing with the first guy that asked. I think my boyfriend and our friends got a little nervous about how drunk I was because I was being ushered out by Mikiki and my bf. Its a good thing Mikiki took care of me since I was so drunk I started walking back the wrong way and they had to come get me.

Thanks

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

If you are like me when you travel South : don't spent a lot of time in your room, enjoy a beautiful almost private beach, cordial staff on a small quiet resort (very clean) and a very talented animation staff, well you're gonna love that place as much as I loved it. About an hour and half from the airport, there's such a beautiful resort. We were welcomed with a drink and happy staff. We maid our ''check in'' in the bus. So we hit the beach as soon as we got off. Building 7 and 8 have been renovated and it was a beautiful room, very clean. They have a small store on the resort stocked with almost everything you would need including beer and Pringles, wich was more then welcome to watch the Canadian series. There's a fridge in the room stocked with coke, sprite, water and it's refilled every day. They had great omelets cooked (he is so nice) to your delight. One of the high light of my trip. Went to a welcome BBQ dinner and it was really good, but go early if you want to eat something. At less then 10 minutes from the Hotel, there's a little town and did some shopping where you can buy in American or Peso. Up to you. On the road to get to the village there's a little shack call Marie-Sol restaurant were you can get a beer and a Poutine for less then 8$. Took a catamaran trip to go to Bacardi Island that cost third of the price that the one offerd by AC. Crew were a great bunch of guys and made to trip a great day listening to really good music on the boat singing and dancing and served rum and soft drinks. We did some snorkling in clear water, saw exotics fish, sea stars and pelicans diving. I had a blast. Find M. B on the beach to book. My only complain is the openning hour of the disco (could be 10h30) and the DJ. Man! Learn how to mix music, please. Have also a suggestion: make theme party once or twice a week for the disco (80's, studio 54, 90's) other wise it's always the same thing. I'm sure there will be more people attending the disco. I will definitly go back !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
#6 of 60 in Samana Province
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,822 reviews
Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection
Luxury Bahia Principe Samana Don Pablo Collection
Luxury Bahia Principe Samana Don...
#2 of 60 in Samana Province

Been to Grand Paradise Samana? Share your experiences!