“Terrific vacation”

Grand Paradise Samana
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Las Galeras
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Hello to everyone who will read this! First of all now I know where paradise on this planet, it is Las Galeras, Dominican Republic. My vacation was incredible, i was with my family for two weeks. Next time we want to be for three weeks at least. Kids were very happy, it is was awesome for everyone. Delicious , healthy food everyday. Different beautiful shows every night. At day time alots of fun near pool. Amazing club for kids. Fitness and volleyball on the beach. Wonderful, friendly staff. Special thanks to Daniel,Jessie, Raily, Johnatan for lessons of dancing, for friendship and nice time. Also they are perfect dancers: Daniel, Jessie, Margarita, Olga, Lima, Julie, thanks for your smiles and awesome shows every night! Wanna come back again and again!!!

Room Tip: On my opinion all rooms are good, because it is Paradise!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,812)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We booked this vacation last minute, we have been to Cuba, Mexico and on a cruise before so wanted to try something new. Looked for a great price, and Grand Paradise Samana came up for under 750.00 pp. With that kind of price and it being a 3 star we didn't have much expectations. We're we ever surprised! We are use to going to a huge resort with over 800-1000 rooms this resort is much smaller with only 420 rooms but the personal touches we received here were unbelievable! We arrived around 3:00pm and as we were getting off the bus they lined the entrance on both sides and sang and clapped until every one entered, there was a lady there with a tray of welcome drinks! Check in went quick and easy! You need to rent the safe for $15 if you want one and they give you two room keys for your towels and the remote for your tv which never worked all week but we weren't there to watch tv so that didn't bug us at all. We got on bathing suits and headed to the beach. The beach is lovely and there are 3 small pools. We would spend our mornings at the beach and our afternoon at pools. They have water aerobics at the beach and a lot of other activities like Zumba,frisbee, archery, ect. They also have dance lessons every day at the pool.
The food: this was the biggest and best surprise for us! The food actually has taste! We were at a 5star in Cuba last year and couldn't eat the food! They have a wide variety everyday! From chicken wings to a pasta station, to potatoe scallop to hamburgers. There are only 2 a la cartes an Italian and seafood. We preferred the Italian, they had mozzarella sticks and the steak was awesome! The seafood had shrimp and garlic mashed potato that were delish! We enjoyed both! Then the best of all on Wednesday we got an invitation under our door for a special beach dinner with lobster! They know how to wine and dine you!
Shows:every night we enjoyed the shows! The have different theme nights! We even went up on stage and joined in on the couples show one night! We had a blast! A big shout out to jessi-yessenis Rosario she was awesome! Always smiling and saying hola every time she seen us, we will remain friends forever! There was also Eric, Alexis, Youseff, and many more! These people made our vacation so enjoyable!
My favourite bar tenders were Newman and Francis! Who always made sure my wine glass was full! Tip all these workers well they put in very long days!

The resort was only half full so there was always lots of chairs and never a wait for tables or line up at the buffet! We are so glad we found this hidden gem! We will be back! I feel like I truly found Paradise!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room choose buildings 1 or 2, buildings 5-8 are closer to the disco and they hav...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank brittany s
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was the most fun I have ever had on a vacation. The beach and water are stunning and the views of the mountains are even better. The staff get everyone involved in everything and encourage you to participate. Special shoutout to Lima, Daniel, Erick, Margarita, Jessie, and an even bigger shout out to mikiki who sat with us for almost every meal! The food and drinks are delicious and there is plenty of variety. It was an amazing trip and I would recommend this resort to everyone!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Overall good vacation, great atmosphere and people. My personal favourite was mikiki. Very friendly and loves to get along with guests and really made my vacation so much better. I would definitely recommend going there, I am almost positive you won't regret it.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Jmacdonald71
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Beautiful beach and water. Always something to do; kayaking, volleyball, aerobics, etc. The employees are very approachable and make you feel welcome. They get you involved in all of the activities and get to know you on a personal level. Mikiki, Lima, Daniel, Erick, Youssef, Margarita, and Jessie specifically made my stay exceptional. Because it isn't a huge resort, you build relationships with both the workers and the people you meet. I would visit Grand Paradise again.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Marr1
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The resort was amazing, and it was all because of the people running it. Mikiki was my best friend the whole week and he made me feel at home. I had an amazing time and I would definitely go back in the future. Thank you to everyone for making the trip and amazing experience and enjoyable time.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel was nice, my boyfriend got the upgraded room and it was spacious and clean. The housekeeping were really on the ball with our preferences and needs. We don't drink pop so they only put water in the fridge. We put the water in the freezer to keep it extra cold and they stuffed the freezer full. The flowers on our freshly made bed everyday gave it such a nice tropical holiday feel.

The beachfront was lovely and I liked how you could sit in between the palm trees that were just before the beach. There were lots of activities and the really dark skinned guy with muscles was a really good aerobics instructor. I wish there were more lounge chairs and not as many broken ones though.

I would like to say a special thank you to the entertainment staff. Not only were they friendly and talented they made our trip so very special. I hope Mikiki, Eric, Margarita, Lima, Daniel, and all the others whose names I regretfully don't remember know just how awesome they are.

I am not a huge fan of resorts, the food is mediocre, the beach crowded, the screaming kids in the pool and what I am always sad about, the empty, early closing, westerner filled disco. I told my boyfriend if we were going that what I wanted to do most of all was DANCE. Not at the disco but with the locals, drinking rum and mixing our own drinks at the table with a bucket of ice and a bottle of pop. I love how they all get up and they all know how to dance and are not afraid of asking someone to dance or looking silly. So Mikiki, Margerita, and Lima were our chaperons at the discos.

I tried to dance with Lima because he was my favorite dancer but somehow I ended up with some other random dude who wasnt as good :-( I proceeded to get wasted and we changed venues. I like to wander around when drink and at clubs so I spent some time doing that and dancing with the first guy that asked. I think my boyfriend and our friends got a little nervous about how drunk I was because I was being ushered out by Mikiki and my bf. Its a good thing Mikiki took care of me since I was so drunk I started walking back the wrong way and they had to come get me.

Thanks

Hotel Alisei
Hotel Alisei
#3 of 35 in Las Terrenas
Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo

Been to Grand Paradise Samana? Share your experiences!