“The scenery was beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rudy's Rancho

Rudy's Rancho
Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Las Galeras
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Horseback Riding in Las Galeras, Samana Dominican Republic - Located 500 meters from the nice Grand Paradise beach, Rudy's Rancho offers horseback riding excursions to discover the flamboyant nature and wonderful sea views of Las Galeras. Rudy shares with you his passion for horses and for the Peninsula of Samana, with professionalism and kindness. German, French and English spoken perfectly! ( Information : Las Galeras, Samana is located 6 hours from Punta Cana, 3 hours from Santo Domingo and 5 hours from Puerto Plata and 1.25 Hour from Samana El Catey International Airport. )
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Tillsonburg, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The scenery was beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

The guides were very good to me - I had had surgery on my feet the previous year and was still not back in form yet - they were good to help me on and off - to ensure that they stayed with me when there was steep climbing or over stones where the horses hooves sometimes slipped. I even got a ride with the owner on his motorcycle when we were walking to the ranch and when we came back we ran the horses up to the beach near the resort - great service, friendly guides - loved it!

• Czech first
nyc
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Wonderful way to experience Las Galeras and it's surrounds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Rudy and his cousin are cool dudes. Their happiness is infectious and they seem to know everyone around. We (mum, dad, 5yr old and 7yr old) rode the day trip to Playa Rincon. Some of the riding was a little steep and we were pleased Rudy and his cousin were in charge of the kids. We always felt safe. The views are amazing and you really do feel like your discovering beaches for the first time. Lunch at Rubis was delicious and the horses know what they're doing. We aren't very good riders and it was perfect for us. We had a blast.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank angelainnewyork
Rudysrancho, Propriétaire at Rudy's Rancho, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Hola Angela and family!
thank you for this nice review, I was pleased to spend this nice day with you.
I hope you are fine, happy and healthy. I hope to see you soon to see more beautiful places.
Rudy Reyes
Alliston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome Friendly Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Rudy's Ranch was one of our highlights while staying at the nearby Grand Paradise Resort. The Ranch is located on a quaint local family farm only a 15 minute walk away from the resort (you can't book him through the resort). You can find Rudy and his horses at the east end of the resort or just follow the signs and walk there. Rudy is super friendly, knowledgeable, very down to earth and speaks great English. He seemed to know everyone we passed on the ride. The horses were well behaved and well looked after. He extended an invite to see his farm afterwards which our young kids loved. His price was $20 per person for an hour was worth every penny. When we offered a tip at the end it was not expected and he was genuinely surprized and grateful. If we go again we will definitely take another tour. He is a great source of local knowledge and stories. The ride itself was beautiful was great views from high and down on the beach.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank WSMILNE
Rudysrancho, Propriétaire at Rudy's Rancho, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Hola mi gente!!
thank you so much for your nice review, it was a pleasure to ride with you.
I feel very happy that you enjoyed very much the tour with me. I hope to see you soon,
and I will be ready to go with you again.
Muchas gracias.
Ingersoll, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Man with Beautiful Horses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

There is absolutely nothing to dislike. Rudy is a stand up guy who speaks very good English amongst other languages. He takes great care of his horses and gave us a beautiful 2 hour tour of the village as well as along the beach. All the time as he told us about the fruit trees and pulled some flowers for me to smell and was an excellent tour guide who seemed to know everybody and he was constantly greeted by other locals with hugs and hand shakes. I highly recommend that you take 2 hours of your trip and spend it with Rudy and his horses!!!!

1 Thank AnitaD99
Hello my dear friends!!
thank you so much for your very kind review, I am happy that you enjoyed the tour with me.
I would like to see you soon, the horses will be waiting for you and me too.
enjoy the life and be happy.
Webster
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Well worth every penny!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Last week my boyfriend and I were fortunate enough to make it to our last minute excursion booked with Rudy. Since we have never been to the Dominican Republic before, we decided to look for an excursion that would be able to show us around the area and give us an idea of how the "locals" and "culture" at the island was like. We arrived in Samana with our cruiseship and did not know that Samana didn't have an actual port. Because of that, we were 45 minutes late past our excursion time (since we had to wait in line for the cruise members to bring people over in smaller boats to the shore). When we finally arrived, we were surprised to see that Rudy has been waiting for us all along! He was super welcoming and assured us that even though we don't have much time on the island, we will still be able to see plenty and make it back in time. During our Rincoln excursion, we rode our horse on the non-toursty breathe taking beach. After that, he showed us a beautiful clear water river then took us to lunch. The fish was ABSOLUTELY phenomenal. Then we had some time left to visit the amazing fruit plantation and iguana house! Rudy was extremely caring throughout the entire excursion and made sure we were always OK.
Before the excursion, we thought about how expensive the taxi was since it was only shared between the both of us ($90 total) and on top of that the excursion price per person, in the end..it was definitely worth it all. We learned so much and the locals were incredibly nice to us that we felt like we were a part of them. This was, by far, the best excursion we have ever been on. We cannot wait to go visit Rudy again!!!

2 Thank foodmasta1311
Rudysrancho, Propriétaire at Rudy's Rancho, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Hola Jessica,
thank you for your nice review!
You are welcome at any moment.
I am sorry for the taxi prices, but this is a fixed price for cruise ship.

I am so pleased that you both enjoyed your short trip with me, and people from here!
Next time let's do it taking time.

See you soon!