“End of the road, start of your adventure.”

The End Of The Road
Ranked #10 of 34 Restaurants in Las Galeras
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Meeting Sarah from the end of the Road in Las Galeras was the single most useful experience in my entire 8 day vacation to the Samana Province. If you're looking to find the best beaches, plan your own excursions, learn about neighbouring towns, eat awesome food, play billiards with some Dominicans or just have some great company, then look no further then The End of the Road. Sarah, an English Las that has woven herself into the local community is a wealth of information, and a great person that we started each day checking-in with. A complete game changer for our trip.

TEOFT, Manager at The End Of The Road, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you tonnes for the awesome review. As an information centre, a provider of delicious food and a hub to find someone to show you the ropes round here I am glad we fitted the bill. It is such a pleasure to meet people who are willing to throw themselves into their holiday and we are always more than happy to take you out and about as well as ensure you have the best holiday ever! Come back soon and we will see what the next adventure has in store.

From all at The End of the Road.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I was only planning on staying in Las Galeras for a few days but after the incredible welcome and help given to me from End of the Road I ended up staying over a week and sampled everything from the menu. Thank you to Sarah and her gang for making my holiday. This spot is a must in the town.

We aim to please on all levels here; albeit the food, the company or the ability to lengthen your stay! I can't thank you enough for the review and for the incredible company you were during your stay. The gang has all gone now but I am still here ready and waiting to help the next people who come our way have the most memorable time ever!

From all at The End of the Road.

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

This place was great. Diane from TDA introduced me to the staff and they made me feel at home immediately. It's a solo travelers wet dream. Not only is it a gathering place to meet people from all over the world, but they cook an awesome breakfast too. Sarah was by far one of my favorite people that I've met in any of my travels. She is free spirited, hilarious, and helpful. And her sister was nice enough to let me tag along to a few places. If you find yourself in las galeras (which you really should) you have to make this place your base. You won't regret it.

Awesome reviews like this are what make the job worthwhile. Thanks you so much for writing this and it was such a pleasure to meet a like-minded traveller like yourself. We like to set people up for the day with breakfast and make sure you see the best this little place has to offer. Please come back soon and tell all and sundry to pop in for food and all we have to offer here.

From all at The End of the Road

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is the communal spot perfectly placed on a corner in the center of Las Galeras. The staff is super helpful and pointed us in the direction of where we would stay for our 2 days in town.

The one breakfast we had was a bit of a wait - but for a great reason. Apparently one of the eggs for the batch they were using was spoiled. When they noticed, they did the right thing, tossed the batch and let us know. We were given the option to choose a lunch option or wait a bit. Diane, the proprietor, head out to get fresh eggs and potatoes, came in and helped prepare the meal herself! We waited an hour longer than we expected to eat breakfast, but it sure was worth it!

Met a bit of passers by as well. Cool spot.

TEOFT, General Manager at The End Of The Road, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thanks very much for taking the time out to write a review for us, especially as you did have a long wait and your patience and good humour whilst waiting was greatly appreciated!
If nothing else, it proves that none of our food is mass produced, everything is prepared fresh to order but sometimes we can be thwarted by a rotten egg!
Sarah now normally responds to these reviews but I thought I would like to personally thank you both
Really hope you get to come back and remember my offer of your dive courses!
Kind Regards
Diane B

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This place is the absolute epitome of a hole in the wall gem!
The food was fabulous, and the owners and staff, even better.
I went several times for the burritos, and Sarah and the gang are a wealth of knowledge and tips about the area.
I will be back!
Thanks to everybody there.
Randy

TEOFT, Manager at The End Of The Road, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Reviews are so important to us and we can't thank you enough for taking the time out after your holiday to let us know what you thought. We pride ourselves on knowing all about our little spot of paradise and are so happy when this is reflected to clients. We welcome you back anytime!

From all at End of the Road