Casa Dorado Bed & Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Las Galeras
See available hotels
Hotel el Marinique(Las Galeras)
  • Beachfront
Villa Serena Hotel(Las Galeras)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Hotel Las Ballenas Escondidas(Santa Barbara de Samana)
  • Pool
Hotel Ballenas(Samana Province)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewsan amazing cookb bbed and breakfastown bathroomentire housedelicious fresh fishsleeping roomfavorite spotla playitashort walkcable tvguest housefrench bakeryeach morningboat ridehome away from homelovely beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 February 2010

I stayed as Casa Dorado with a friend over the holidays, and it was perfect, especially for the price. It's in easy walking distance to town, beaches, and activities. The rooms were simple but comfortable, very clean, and we felt at home. Our hosts, Katherine and Roberto were gracious and friendly, and definitely helped us to have a great time. I would go back here any time.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2010

Casa Dorado was one of the best places I've stayed at in the Dominican Republic. I am dominican, but one with with very high standards when I go visit my homeland. Aside from the house being beautiful, quaint, and comfortable, and extremely clean, the owner Roberto is the best home keeper i've ever met.

My boyfriend and I headed to Casa Dorado really expecting nothing, but as soon as we arrived we were sipping coffee with the owner. He made us feel like this house was truly ours. He was great in giving us a full Orientation of what to do in the Galeras, and know that he is extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of that area. The breakfast, is delicious- Lobster scrambled eggs anyone? Yes, well, that is how great you eat in Casa Dorado! And, I will leave out the part of where (Roberto) prepared a fabulous gourmet lobster dinner for my boyfriends birthday. The lobsters were fished out of the water fresh that day; prepared as a beautiful birthday dinner, in one of the amazing terraces on Casa Dorado! And this all for a minimal price! The next day we headed off to the best private beach "Playa Rincon" on Roberto's private mini boat. What was even great, Roberto took my boyfriend and I out that evening to one of the dancing places around the beach, which was great because not only did we feel safe, but we felt like true locals, and were treated amazing.

Casa Dorado is one of the places that once you arrive, you don't want to leave. The location, attention, beaches in the area, and tourist things to do (i recommend doing it through Roberto) are the spectacular! I can't wait to go back in March or April just to visit there again!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank vanekari
Reviewed 13 January 2010

We spent four nights in Las Galeras, having made our reservations online. It's a beautiful, airy and elegant home with many balconies. It was like staying in the home of a Hollywood mogul, as a guest. We never had the feeling of being "paying guests" and could wander freely around the house. Roberto (the owner) could not have been nicer. If only I could go back tomorrow. The town of Las Galeras is small (about one dirt road) so if you're looking for a disco place, this isn't it. There are a smattering of restaurants, exchange places. There's even a bank being built (but not yet open). I cringe at the thought this place will be run over by tourists/hotels/motels. Go now while it's still charming. The people are lovely. The little beach of Playita (15 minutes walk from the house) is wonderful and has a little restaurant where wild horses roam free. As for the food... don't go to the DR to eat.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2010

We had a wonderful 10 day trip in the small town of Las Galeras in DR. We stayed at the fantastic Casa Dorado B&B which Catherine and Roberto made so special. Beautiful beaches, great hiking, lots of friendly people. I highly recommend it for getting away from it all. Casa Dorado was in a neighborhood with other houses, a 10 min walk to the beach. I really liked that we stayed in a neighborhood with the locals vs. a resort. Everyone said hi to us each day and were extremely friendly. Breakfasts each morning were delicious.We also went out with other guests staying at Casa Dorado, all were well-travelled, interesting people. Roberto arranged for two teenage boys to take us hiking to a beautiful beach an hour and a half away - it was our best day - and for boats for us to go snorkeling. I can't wait to go back to get away from it all.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank divadonna
Reviewed 29 December 2009

I've been to Casa Dorado twice now and my stay just keeps getting better! This bed and breakfast was made for you to relax in! A beautiful, pristine beach is only a 15 minute walk away. If you're looking to snorkel or fish- just arrange a trip with Roberto- he'll take you by boat to beautiful, empty beaches perfect for a swim, a picnic on the beach or a nap in the sun! You can continue the napping and reading in the hammocks located at the bed and breakfast. These hammocks are not to be missed- perfect for naps and an afternoon spent with a good book. If you forgot to pack a book, no worries, there are well stocked bookshelves two seconds away from the hammocks!
As for the breakfast part of the bed and breakfast, don't miss out on the pancakes! They are delicious and paired with fresh coffee and fruit juice! As the title of my review says...Idyllic!

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends