“.....” 3 of 5 bubbles

Molly's Cafe Bar
Ranked #16 of 37 Restaurants in Stonehaven
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Scottish
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I'm sorry but what has happened to poor old mollys? Went in for a late lunch on Wednesday and the cafe was filthy!!!! Tables weren't wiped and the floor was a mess. Older women behind the bar wasn't very welcoming either (not the first time I must say and judging on previous reviews not the only one). Food was lovely a bit over priced though!! The 2 waitresses were very lovely, nice and chatty. Toilets are a disgrace been to better portable loos. Sorry won't be back in a hurry.

• Visited June 2014

• Greek first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Went to mollys for lunch yesterday afternoon, food was okay ish pretty expensive I thought. Was very busy for being only 2 staff on. Young waiter was very helpful, pleasant and chatty, found us a seat where we wanted to sit. On the the hand the older women behind the bar was very rude and didn't really care what was going on. Won't be back in a rush!!

1 Thank Susanbegg13
scottish highlands
“standards dropping!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Love a visit to molly's when visiting stonehaven.have always sung their praises.sadly today we were a bit dissapointed.cafe felt dirty, floor dirty, tables sticky and toilets grubby.seemed to be only one young man serving and doing a good job.soup and sandwiches average, nothing to rave about.just seemed to have lost it a wee bit.firstly sack the cleaner, and please get back to your usual standard that we love so much.

Scotland, United Kingdom
“Customer service not good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I went in on Sunday for a late lunch (2pm ish). Our food was lovely, I had the Cullen skink and hubby had a sandwich with the salad and trimmings. We then ordered scones, no butter given with them, we had to ask for that, and the only jam they had was blackcurrant!!!!
While we were there we saw two lots of people being turned away, plenty empty seats too, so I can only assume the chef was finishing at 3pm. It was a lovely day and lots of people going about, who in this day and age can afford to turn customers away. When we went to the counter to pay our bill we stood for ages before anyone looked near us, there were four " youngsters" in or around the counter area and it wasn't until I got eye contact with one of the girls did I have the opportunity to ask to pay. The older woman who had been there, and I assume she was the manager, had put her coat on and left then there was quite a bit of chat and carry on from the staff. In my opinion there were far too many young people working on the same shift. We stood at the counter feeling invisible, we could have quite easily walked out, no-one would have noticed. We were very disappointed with the service we received and we won't be hurrying back. It never used to be like this in Molly's

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Aberdeen
“Stopped serving at 7.35pm??”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

A friend and I went for a walk on a Thursday evening in late April and decided to go to Molly's for a coffee. We opened the door and stood and were immediately greeted by a male member of staff who, before we even said what we were after, said bluntly 'We've stopped serving'. I then said that we were actually just looking to come in for a coffee if that was ok, to which he said that's fine and to take a seat.

When we sat down I looked at my watch and it was 7.35pm...on a Thursday evening, and food service had stopped? (It hadn't actually stopped because it was being served the whole time we were there, just no new orders being taken).

If I was going out for a meal on a Thursday evening I would expect that I could go along at this time and ordering food wouldn't be a problem. Anyway, we weren't ordering food so it wasn't a problem that evening.

We sat for a good 15 minutes before we were even given a menu (I knew what I was after but my friend didn't know what kind of drinks they had), yet people were standing around beside the bar chatting and laughing with the chefs, and on their mobile phones. My friend got up and took a menu from another table and we had a look at it. The waiter, only then, came up and asked if we were ready to order. The coffees came and they were fine, and no issues after that. Whilst we were sitting there a member of staff from the kitchen came through (dishwasher I think) with a hair-net on her hair, yet her hair was all falling out of it and it was barely even on her head - it would have looked way better if she hadn't had the hairnet on in the first place - it then just made it look a bit unhygienic!

All the staff looked miserable and like they couldn't be bothered being there, like they were waiting for everyone to leave.

Where has the energy gone that Molly's once had?

• Visited April 2014