“Good food”
Review of Belvedere Hotel

Belvedere Hotel
Ranked #15 of 27 Stonehaven B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We were planning on having dinner in another restaurant, but because i had failed to book a table, we ended up at the Belvedere. Ok, the place looks a bit run down, but the food was excellent. My husband enjoyed a nice meat pie, I had a delicious curry chicken balti and my son had a tasty hamburger and chips. We would certainly recommend this place if you want to have a nice, honest meal.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Satyed one night on a business trip. Hotel rooms are hard to get anywhere near Aberdeen and consequently are costly for what you get. I paid £75 for a room which would have been no more than £40 elsewhere. Staff were very welcoming. Room was cold when I arrived but quickly warmed up with the radiator turned up. I had the family room which had a strange set up of having the wash hand basin and vanity unit in the bedroom and a separate toilet and shower room. The room was very tired - the whole hotel is tired. There were wall lights above the beds and the bulbs were missing. The bedside light bulb was blown. I moved a light to have one by my bed. I ate in the bar - the bar was absolutely freezing and other customers were commenting on it. I had fish and chips which were absolutely terrific. The best piece of hadddock - huge as well - that I have had for years. There was tean and coffee facilities in the room but no biscuits - really cheapskate.
Would I go back - maybe for one night only and not in the winter unless they can get the bar warmed up.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Luv_ur_town, Owner at Belvedere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Thank you for staying with us. In response to your comments - we've owned the hotel for just 16 months and have been concentrating on essential repairs up until now. We are planning to begin refurbishing the rooms this year. I've taken on board your comments re the coldness of the bar area and have purchased a portable heater to boost the temperature during this cold spell. Apologies for the blown bulb, housekeeping should have picked that up (wall lights have never worked and will be replaced during refurbishment). I'll also put biscuits in the rooms. I am however delighted that you enjoyed your meal with us. Best Regards

Reviewed 20 March 2013

It’s not the fanciest B&B ever, but it met all our needs. The breakfast was larger than I expected and very ample. Service was good and the people helpful. I would recomend it if you are in need of a over night stay and want something simple.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I hope that you'll visit us again in the future

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Not the Stonehaven Hilton but good enough. This small hotel/pub does not pretend to be anything other than what it is. Quite adequate. Easy parking at the front. Well located just up the hill from the centre of town. Our room was quite adequate but the picky could find fault. Breakfast was good and cheerful. Has a bit of local personality and is fine for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I appreciate your comments and there will be biscuits in the rooms if you visit us again! Regards

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Stayed one night at the Belvedere Hotel. The room was large and had everything we needed. The bar area was nice and the meals on offer were varied and of good quality. If there were a down side it would have been nice to have a biscuit on the tea/coffee tray.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. In response to you & others we will now put biscuits in the rooms. Best Regards

Reviewed 18 September 2012

ok, this hotel is 2 star, spot on at the most. Rooms are very basic, not big at all, old fashioned, toilet seat was broken in room, The sink is actually in the bedroom....lol. Breakfast service was pretty rubbish, although food wasnt bad. On the third day of our stay(sunday) when asking for the full cooked breakfast i was told ''we have no tomatoes or muchrooms, we have run out'' great hotel eh, it runs out of basic food. The hotel is worn out, and needs cash spending on it to justify 85 pound rooms. I would not book again unless there were no other choices and i was desparate.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank thebogis
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I spent 2 nights recently in The Belvedere, on an annual golf break with friends. The food and service were fine but the bedrooms left a lot to be desired. They were cramped and dirty, real accumulated dirt for which there can be no excuse. One of the rooms lacked even the smallest of wardrobes - a rail with hangers was provided but we didn't even bother to unpack This was by far the worst accomodation we have had on our trips and by no means the cheapest. We will not be returning.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere..