“Excellent B&B”

Ranked #15 of 27 Stonehaven B&B and Inns
Devizes
“Excellent B&B”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We only stayed one night but would have liked to stay longer. In a peaceful location, spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. Lovely breakfast, I had the healthy option. Christine was very welcoming, friendly and helpful.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2011

After 3 weeks of B&Bs this has to be the best. The place was well designed, maintained and spotless. It was an oasis after the rat race of Aberdeen. The bedroom was roomy and tastefully decorated. The healthy breakfast option was the best and a welcome change. Christine is the perfect host even when I almost forgot to pay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia
Reviewed 3 April 2011

My husband and I stayed for 1 night in room 2. Christine and Ron were super friendly and even offered to drive us into Newtonhill as we were in town for a party. The room was super clean and the bed was very comfortable. The entire house is beautifully decorated with modern finishes. The bathroom was sparkling clean with proper water pressure (a rarity for Scotland due to all the electric showers!) A full Scottish breakfast was also included with a healthier option of eggs, granola and yogurt if desired.

Only cash payments are accepted, but for the value, this place is worth hitting the cash machine.

Room Tip: Cash only. Ask for whole grain toast if preferred
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GolfGirl427
Livrpool in England
Reviewed 1 April 2011

Stayed here with my wife on our tour of Scotland on the basis of other reviews, and was not disappointed. Christine and Ron are fantastic hosts. The double room (no2) was beautifully decorate and spotless, as is the rest of the house. Breakfast was fantastic, with enough food to keep me and my pregnant wife going for the rest of the day. Christine and Ron even had the time to recommend driving routes and great restaurants to eat at. Hope too return in the future and can recommend enough.

• Stayed March 2011
Todmorden
Reviewed 10 April 2010

We came up to a wedding in Aberdeen at Easter and stayed at Schonwald it was one of the most luxurious B & B's that we've ever stayed in. The owner is a joiner, both he and his wife had built the property and what a fantastic job they have made of it. The bedrooms are beautifully furnished with a lovely en-suite bathroom, there is a guest sitting room with digital TV again beautifully decorated & furnished
We were made to feel very welcome and the breakfast was excellent, we elected for the continental breakfast and the food just kept coming.
Thoroughly recommended I don't think anybody could find fault with this B & B

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Liverpool
Reviewed 19 January 2010

I am a Field Network Engineer and as such spend most of my working life in Hotels or B&B's at home and abroad, seldom have I stayed in accomodation finished to such a high standard. The location is perfect for business trips to Aberdeen or if your stay is Tourism related the rural location only minutes from the A90 and City of Aberdeen is perfect.

The hosts Christine and Ron Spark compliment their perfect B&B with their friendly and welcoming nature, I seldom leave feedback for the stays I experience during my working week but felt compelled to make a comment on Tripadvisor about this B&B.

The quality of the furnishings, fittings and cleanliness combined with the luxury feel make a stay at Schonwald a truely positive experience. I am actually staying at Shonwald as I write this review and was worried for a few minutes that I might not get a room here on future stays but I firmly believe in credit where credit is due and this much hard work can't go unreported.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonehaven
Ship Inn
#14 of 27 in Stonehaven
Shorehead Guesthouse
Shorehead Guesthouse
#1 of 27 in Stonehaven

Been to Schonwald Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!