Schonwald Bed & Breakfast
TripAdvisor
US$111
US$107
Very Good 4/5
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$65
Agoda.com
US$204
US$189
Great 4.5/5
Palm Court Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$78
Good 3.5/5
Ship Inn(Stonehaven)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Christine and Ron are the perfect couple to run a B&B. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left they were attentive, helpful and welcoming. Christine is a cook par excellence and it is reflected in the detail and freshness of her cooking. The "healthy" breakfast option was our favourite but of course we had to try the "Full Scottish". The healthy one was a filling delight of flavour and texture and so well presented.
For someone to run a business but not only enjoy it but also be so friendly and attentive to their guests all the time is hard work but they really do enjoy it. The location and facilities are second to none and the whole place is a premium option at standard prices. The return bookings will prove that. We can't say enough to recommend the Schonwald to anyone wanting to visit Aberdeenshire.
I titled this review Home from Home but it is not just that, if you want to be pampered just book a room.

Room Tip: No need to choose. If you are lucky enough to get a room here you will be rewarded by an excellent stay with great visitor facilities.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Found this place because the rest of Aberdeen is so expensive and Stonehaven is too busy. This place is great. Very welcoming hosts. Will do everything they can for you. Lovely breakfast with home made granola I would recommend. Very friendly. Slightly out of the way but that's what I like. Fields round you make things so quiet. There is also a nice country road to Aberdeen instead of the usual motorway. This is now my first choice when going to the area.

Room Tip: Room 1 is best as it looks over the fields.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I was unable to get a hotel in Aberdeen where I had early morning meetings so looked a little further afield and found this wonderful B&B. Unlike others I tried I was charged the full rate for single occupancy of a double room so didn't feel ripped off - the tariff represented excellent value for money. The room I was offered had character was spotlessly clean, excellent shower and good quality TV. The breakfast was freshly cooked and was delicious, and kept me well fed for most of the day. Christine was very welcoming – the perfect host.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed here for 1 night through work .The room was great and the breakfast was super .Very clean and tidy well worth a look .Christine and Ron are very welcoming and you feel like part of there family .The garden area out the front of the house looks lovely with all the bonnie flowers .

Room Tip: Room 3 was great
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We were originally supposed to stay somewhere else, but there was a mix up at the other place and we ended up at Schonwald. I was so glad because it was my favorite of all the B&B's we stayed at in the UK. We only stayed one night, but Christine was so friendly and the room was so nice, comfortable, and large that I wanted to stay longer. My favorite thing was the European bird guide on the windowsill. She really does think of all the little things! Also, the included wifi was fast enough that I could Facetime my family back in the states.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple