“Unique”

Stonehaven Open Air Swimming Pool
Ranked #3 of 24 things to do in Stonehaven
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Huge, Olympic-size open air swimming pool and lido with clean sea water heated to 29°C (85°F). Open daily 27 May - 3 Sept 2017. Quiet swims for adults, inflatables sessions for kids, toddlers' paddling pool, midnight swims in peak season (1 July - 21 Aug inc 2017). Chute (swimmers only) open daily. Sheltered sun terraces, on-site cafe, ample free parking. Day tickets valid all day! 2017 prices: Adult £5.40, child/senior/student with ID/spectator £3.30, family £14.65. Midnight swims £7.10/£4.85/£18.40. Family 2+2 or 1+3. 12-session & season tickets also available.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Great day out. Kids got a bit of a shock when they tasted the salt water. But soon learnt to keep their mouth shut!

Reviewed 27 August 2011

This was a step back in time for us, as open-air salt water pools were popular in our youth. This pool is the last one left in Scotland, and did not disappoint. It is well maintained, brightly painted and tended by friendly and efficient staff. The water was perfect, and we were lucky to visit on a gorgeous day, but even on a dull or rainy day, this would still be fun. Air was pretty bracing at the top of the slide! All day ticket was a bargain at £4.60 each, wish we had visited sooner, to try the midnight swim. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Came today for the first time, we will be back. It was a lovely day, sun was shining & quite honestly when swimming in the very warm water with blue sky overhead I could have been in many exotic destinations. I really had to keep reminding myself I was in stonehaven. Would recommend to anyone, even the cafe was good & like the swim, good value.

Reviewed 2 August 2011

I had learned to swim in this pool as a child and so was excited about being able to bring my own family to share in this experience. We decided to go for an evening swim as this worked best into our schedule. The pool is open late primarily only on Wednesday nights, 10.00pm and closes at 12.00am. (Best to check times before you go). All ages from younger children to seniors were there that night enjoying the live DJ music and playing in the pool! Unfortunately it was a little cool - so we stayed in the water for only 45 minutes. It was great to have a hot shower indoors to warm up afterwards. I must also mention that it is a great experience to be in the pool on a cool and/or rainy day! I have very fond memories of going swimming in the rain and getting out of the pool so that I could experience the heat of the hot pool water when I jumped back in.
You will find that the environment is not refined or glamorous but the outdoor heated sea water experience is one that your family will fondly remember!

2  Thank scotgrl3
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Part of 'Ald Ston'ees (Old Stonehavens) history.
Excellent little pool with loads of old features.

£4.70 for an adult standard entry.

£1 refundable deposit for your locker key.

Try the Midnight swim on a Wednesday..!!!!!