“Pleasant and friendly staff who work hard.”
Review of Belvedere Hotel

Belvedere Hotel
Ranked #9 of 41 Restaurants in Stonehaven
Price range: US$14 - US$21
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Lovely evening meal, large choice on the menu - very tasty - plates could have been warmer but otherwise very enjoyable and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

It had been about 30 years since we'd been in the Belvedere Hotel, and it hadn't changed much at all! No idea why we've not been there in recent years, as it is a perfect option for a bite to eat in Stonehaven.

We'd booked a rather early table for dinner, at 5.45pm, as we were going to a concert where the doors opened at 7pm. When I'd phoned to book. The person I spoke to had kindly told me a large party of 15 was coming in at 5.30pm. They turned it to be gathered in the private room, and didn't affect us at all. There was actually no one burr selves in the dining room, and we'd no delay in ordering or receiving our food, despite the big party dining then too.

Although we'd only planned to have a main course, my husband fancied the Haggis Fritters at £4.95 to start with. I shared a couple of pieces too, and although a tiny bit greasy, they were very tasty. My husband would have liked more of the sweet chilli dip served with them though. For main courses I chose the Coronation Chicken Salad, at £8.95 and the Burger and Chips appealed to my husband, and he added cheese and bacon at £1 each, taking it to a not-so-cheap £11.25. I loved my salad, which was like the kind of old-fashioned salad I still make at home, and my portion was very generous. The burger and chips was very good too, but we wish they wouldn't serve the accompanying ketchup sauce in those flimsy wee disposable tubs.

We'd no room for dessert, but a friend raves about the sweets and the ice cream served with them. With 2 glasses of a lovely Pinoi Grigio, a pint of the Bitter and Twisted ale, a tea and an espresso our bill came to £40 with tip.

When we left at 7pm there we were still the only people in the dining room, but the waitress said there were a few bookings for later. It is one of about 10 or so places to eat in Stonehaven in the evening, so maybe because it is tucked away it is sometimes overlooked. We must go back sooner than 30 years from now, as the food and service were both good.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We are regular visitors to the Belvedere for an evening meal. We always eat in the lounge bar as there's more atmosphere than the restaurant. Always a fine selection of specials to choose from at really competitive prices. Staff are courteous and most helpful. Probably the best bar supper in Stonehaven.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Visited the Belvedere Hotel to have an evening meal with visiting family early in the New Year. We were made most welcome and the menu contained a wide variety of choice in both the adult and childrens sections. The food was served hot and was very tasty. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the staff were very friendly and attentive. Would definately recommend a visit!!

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I dined here for valentines evening, was very impressed with the service and the meal was fantastic, we both ordered sirloin steak which was cooked to perfection! will definitely be returning!