Rwizi Arch Hotel
US$38
US$33
US$36
Jumia Travel
Palm World Hotel Limited(Mbarara)(Great Value!)
US$28
US$27
US$125
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 April 2011

As I do lots of business in Africa I always make it a point to stay at a hotel that retains the character and culture of the country I am visiting. I was referred to this hotel by a really reliable local business associate and I am glad I took the leap of faith. The hotel is absolutely stunning in it's charm and character, great exterior architect and a beautiful garden which we used a lot to host business dinners.

The food is fresh and excellent, I would caution anyone that is really hungry to order in advance as everything is cooked fresh to order which means there can be a wait at times. I believe the owners are on site most of the time and were more than accommodating when we needed to book last minute dinner parties.

Rooms are really clean, in fact the rooms were cleaner here than the West London Hotel we stayed at on our way to Uganda. The location is great, there is a very busy nightlight about 20 minutes away in Kabalagala (spelling might be off), and another 20 minutes to Lake Victoria.

We stayed post election and we felt very safe in the hotel as they have security in the front and they patrol at night.

I plan on being back in Uganda before the end of the year and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in Uganda.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank TimFont
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Really this was probably the worst hotel I have stayed in on the continent. The proprietor of this hotel does not understand the meaning of customer service or basic hospitality! The rooms were sparse, showers were cold, room service a nightmare, the staff incredibly slow, entertainment non-existent (one can only take so much Lucky Dube) and we were in continuous negotiations around our room and forex rates our entire stay!

• Stayed: August 2010