“Lovely setting - lovely people”
Review of Riverview Motel

Riverview Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Dunnville
Newmarket, Canada
“Lovely setting - lovely people”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Riverview Motel twice in the past couple of months and are planning another stay in late August. The setting is lovely - right on the river with hammocks, lounge chairs, picnic tables, even a dock to through out your fishing rod. It is rare to find a motel with this peaceful setting right on the river. George and Zina are very warm and welcoming - owners who really give you the personal touch. The rooms have a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. It is a nice treat to share a picnic overlooking the river - enjoy take out from a restaurant in town (only a couple of minutes away) with great home cooking or bring your own picnic basket and make yourself at home with the chairs, picnic tables and other amenities provided on the riverside. We could stay 25 minutes closer to the Cayuga, Toronto Motorsports Park but instead prefer to stay here. We will continue to be repeat clients and recommend the Riverview Motel to all of our friends.

Room Tip: We prefer the riverview rooms as you can enjoy the view from your window.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My family and I attended a wedding in Dunneville and rented several rooms at this motel, including the "Honeymoon Suite" which the Bride and Groom stayed in following the festivities. The river view is spectacular, serene and peaceful. Laying in the hammock looking out on the river was awesome. The rooms we rented a total of 9, where all clean and well kept. The owners George and Zina are kind and considerate. They are caring and uniquely in tuned to their guests and their needs. Zina decorated the Honeymoon Suite by herself and painted little canvas plaques for the Bride and Groom. She also took the time to chill champagne and had it ready in their room when they arrived. She is one on the SWEETEST women I have meet in my life. We were treated like family rather than guests. We had a wonderful time and have all agreed to return to spend a relaxing weekend sometime in the future. I highly recommend this motel to anyone who is looking for a affordable, peaceful getaway.

Room Tip: the river view rooms are well worth the price, the view is "Breathtaking".
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Paula D
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I booked this motel last minute; my husband and I were celebrating our one year wedding anniversary with a 3 day motorcycle ride across Southern Ontario. I thought I would extend our trip and booked this little GEM !! AND we were so happy that we did. They had a waterfront room available. The room was very clean, and the service was unbelievable !! Zina and George were the perfect hosts and Musty too !! In chatting while we booked our reservation I told Zina about our road trip plans, not thinking twice about it. When we arrived there was a hand painted canvas sign that wished my husband and I a Happy 1st Anniversary....in our room were chocolates, candles and a bottle of bubbly !! Zina went over and above to make our first stop on our trip the most memorable part of our trip !! Relaxing by the river first thing in the morning enjoying the quiet peace this little gem gave us was exactly what we needed....it is truly a hidden gem in Ontario and would recommend it hands down a must if you are in the area !!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hamiltn, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Our stay at the motel was wonderful. The room was very clean and the service was fantastic. The surrounding area is very quiet and peaceful. Great place to fish, or to just sit back and enjoy the scenery, in the sun or under the shade of the trees. My three year old had an amazing time and didn't want to leave! The beach, the hammocks, the fire pit ... so much fun!! I would certainly recommend this motel to others, Riverview rooms are awesome. To wake up and open your window to the amazing view is beyond words. Love everything about this place - especially the owners - who make you feel like you're one of the family! Counting down until our next retreat!!

Room Tip: Don't choose any other place to stay if you are in Dunville than Riverview -- whatever the room...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Aliyah_JNJ
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The room was spacious and clean with a lovely outlook on the river bank. Very comfortable bed with a nice, soft and warm cover. Felt nearly like at home. We really can recommend this motel to other travellers.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I had a great time at Riverview motel. It was an amazing and relaxing place. Zina and George were great!! They were great to us and very accommodating I had a blast hangin out by the fire at night on the river. Highly recommend Riverview motel for your stay!

• Stayed May 2013
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We have stayed at the Motel for many weekends during the spring and early summer for the last four years and always had good service. The rooms are comfortable and the owners are always very nice. The view from the riverside rooms is wonderfull and the grounds nicely kept. I would recomend the Riveriew Motel to anyone wanting to spend the night in Dunnville. Thanks George and Zina you are our home from home.
Doc and Marilyn

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Marilyn D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunnville
Best Western Plus Rose City Suites
#1 of 4 in Dunnville
Talwood Manor B&B
Talwood Manor B&B
#1 of 4 in Port Colborne

Been to Riverview Motel? Share your experiences!