To get to the Amazon was not very cheap and we had expected more then we got for our money. Yes we enjoyed the walks and going out on the boat but there was nothing out of the ordinary the best bit of the journey was getting to and from the lodge.
The food was rather boring and tasteless. One evening we were the only people staying at the lodge and we were ignored as the people working their enjoyed playing dominoes.
The rooms are very basic and need updating. I know some people may say that what do we expect in the Amazon but I would have liked doors that closed!
Would we do it again perhaps just for 2 nights as 3 was too long when there is so much else to see in Brazil. Perhaps other Amazon hotels/lodges are better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amazon jungle lodge. The Authentic jungle lodge located in the heart of the tropical rainforest of Brazil. The most exciting and wonderful tours in the Amazon rainforest. We offer complete two, three and four-days overnight packages with guided tours and excursions, including full board & lodging, and transportation since Manaus. Lots of activities and nature tours, according to package choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Amazon Village Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amazon Village Jungle Hotel Amazon River
- Amazon Village Jungle Lodge Brazil/AM