I have been a regular at the Oyster Smack since it first opened and I have to say I have never eaten a poor meal here. (And I have eaten here frequently!)
The service is always attentive, even when they are packed out and all you want is a sandwich.
The setting is ambient, staff attentive and I highly recommend the newly added Crab, prawn and red mullet linguine. It is supreme.
Sunday roasts are just as lovely, with the meat being beautifully succulent.
I haven't stayed in any of the rooms but as a freelance Make - up Artist, I have visited them for Bridal Parties. They are lovely.
Well done Oyster Smack team. I hope you stay with us for years to come!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oyster Smack Inn is a charming local restaurant with rooms, built in the 1800’s. The building is full of character and sets the scene for an outstanding and extremely popular local inn. Owned and run by chef patron Trevor Howell and his wife Claire, the pub has become the first port of call for those seeking excellent food in friendly, relaxed and stylish surroundings. The newly decorated dining room and bar are both classic and timeless, the coastal shades of the decor providing a serene backdrop to the dining experience. Wooden floors and hand-made furniture all work to create a feeling of quiet elegance. The coastal location means that The Oyster Smack Inn can take full advantage of the freshest of seafood and our menu utilises this to full effect. The team in the kitchen are passionate about using the finest produce from local suppliers. Changing seasonally, our dinner menu offers the best of modern British food whilst your favourite classic pub dishes can be found on our lunch menu. Whether you are looking dine out with family and friends or to entertain clients, at The Oyster Smack Inn you can celebrate a very special occasion or simply pop in for a light snack - our kitchens are happy to oblige, whatever your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your The Oyster Smack Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oyster Smack Hotel Burnham-On-Crouch
- The Oyster Smack Inn Burnham-On-Crouch, Essex