I have stayed here a couple of times on business. The highlight of the stay is the evening meal as the food is excellent. I had a room out at the rear which had a lot of sound coming through from the adjoining rooms. An American gentleman was Skyping his family who were obviously a few hours behind and he told them on several occasions that it was "just after midnight here...", he shouted his whole conversation as if talking to a deaf relative (perhaps he was!). Some additional sound insulation between the rooms would be beneficial. Breakfast is an anti climax if you are up early as it involves helping yourself to the continental buffet which isn't up to much, so if you like a fry up and you need to be away early this should be taken into consideration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oyster Smack Inn is a charming local restaurant with rooms, built in the 1800’s. The building is full of character and sets the scene for an outstanding and extremely popular local inn. Owned and run by chef patron Trevor Howell and his wife Claire, the pub has become the first port of call for those seeking excellent food in friendly, relaxed and stylish surroundings. The newly decorated dining room and bar are both classic and timeless, the coastal shades of the decor providing a serene backdrop to the dining experience. Wooden floors and hand-made furniture all work to create a feeling of quiet elegance. The coastal location means that The Oyster Smack Inn can take full advantage of the freshest of seafood and our menu utilises this to full effect. The team in the kitchen are passionate about using the finest produce from local suppliers. Changing seasonally, our dinner menu offers the best of modern British food whilst your favourite classic pub dishes can be found on our lunch menu. Whether you are looking dine out with family and friends or to entertain clients, at The Oyster Smack Inn you can celebrate a very special occasion or simply pop in for a light snack - our kitchens are happy to oblige, whatever your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your The Oyster Smack Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oyster Smack Hotel Burnham-On-Crouch
- The Oyster Smack Inn Burnham-On-Crouch, Essex