Creeksea Place Barns
The Rochford Hotel(Rochford)(Great Value!)
US$95
  • Restaurant
Skylark Hotel(Rochford)
US$81
US$73
Premier Inn Southend Airport Hotel(Southend-on-Sea)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Roslin Beach Hotel(Thorpe Bay)
US$132
Travelodge
US$83
PremierInn.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewswedding venuelovely locationstayed herecafegoatspigsaccommodationemilycrouchestuarywalkspillowslunchmenu
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed here as part of a group of nine ladies for a hen weekend. The barns are tucked away down a couple of narrow country roads however once you have found them they are lovely and the fact that they are quite secluded adds to the attraction. The barn we stayed in had been converted to a very high standard and the self catering facilities had all the mod cons you could require. I shared one of the upstairs double rooms which had a huge shower, a real treat to walk under. Despite being large and open plan the barn still managed to feel homely and cosy with lots of sofas to curl up on and a huge table to socialise round. There was plenty of parking, games and books, the view across the fields and water was lovely and, what looked like, a nice cafe next door. The only small negative observation that I can make is that there were a lot of polite notices up on the walls. Whilst these were well intended (and pointed out some well thought out ideas - brown flannels for taking your make up off) it did make you feel slightly on edge that you might do something you shouldn't. But if that is all I can come up with then I really cannot complain!

The local town was very nice and the owners recommended lots of places which we enjoyed. I would definitely recommend the local farmshop where we had salad, lasagne, homemade bread and a huge mixed berry and cream meringue.. there was so much it did for lunch and tea!!

It was the perfect location for my friend's hen weekend (a tasteful, girly weekend with cocktail making thrown in for good measure!) and I would return without a doubt. Just need to find enough people to come with me.

Room Tip: Make sure you take a sat nav or map to find it! Also take the owners up on their recommendations for restaurants etc in the local area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends