“Wedding party”

Creeksea Place Barns
Creeksea Place Barns
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a big wedding party in which we booked the while place for the bank holiday weekend.

It made the wedding even more special than it was.

The Barnes are brilliantly furnished and well decorated providing everything that you could possibly need, they have BBQ facilities available and we did indulge.

Also outside there is foosball, swing ball, table tennis a d a children's climbing frame with swings.

This place is fantastic for all the family.
The on site cafe offers some great food, each morning we had the full English and even though they were catering for 30 of us the service was still brilliant.

I'm sure I haven't done this place justice, it's a great find and worth the trip.

Ps also massages available
Pps bike rental available.

Just go and see for yourself

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank tchterrier

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Wonderful rural location, lying next to the River Crouch and adjacent to the wedding venue. Centrally located With good access to local trains and transport. Our two families, friends, bride & groom occupied the entire complex for two nights. The self catering barns were extremely well equipped with everything we needed. The bedrooms were very comfortable, especially the pillows, and had on suite with each room. The barns were well restored and we enjoyed outside games and had meals together on the large terrace area. The Parlour cafe, which is open to the public provided meals for breakfast and served excellent milk shakes. The local area has lots of interesting things to see and do including Burnham on Crouch and Maldon

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Wow! My husband and I love this place. We often walk over with our two young boys and dog. We always get a warm welcome. It doesn't matter whether you are eating or just there for drinks the staff are very attentive and nothing is too much trouble. On the occasions we have eaten the food was lovely. The place is very clean with a very homely shabby chic/rustic feel , which I really like and goes well with its surroundings .

The setting is beautiful and well equipped for dog walkers with outside cabin areas with log burners inside... Brilliant.

We have not stayed in the accommodation but it looks very nice from the outside .

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tenecc
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed here as part of a group of nine ladies for a hen weekend. The barns are tucked away down a couple of narrow country roads however once you have found them they are lovely and the fact that they are quite secluded adds to the attraction. The barn we stayed in had been converted to a very high standard and the self catering facilities had all the mod cons you could require. I shared one of the upstairs double rooms which had a huge shower, a real treat to walk under. Despite being large and open plan the barn still managed to feel homely and cosy with lots of sofas to curl up on and a huge table to socialise round. There was plenty of parking, games and books, the view across the fields and water was lovely and, what looked like, a nice cafe next door. The only small negative observation that I can make is that there were a lot of polite notices up on the walls. Whilst these were well intended (and pointed out some well thought out ideas - brown flannels for taking your make up off) it did make you feel slightly on edge that you might do something you shouldn't. But if that is all I can come up with then I really cannot complain!

The local town was very nice and the owners recommended lots of places which we enjoyed. I would definitely recommend the local farmshop where we had salad, lasagne, homemade bread and a huge mixed berry and cream meringue.. there was so much it did for lunch and tea!!

It was the perfect location for my friend's hen weekend (a tasteful, girly weekend with cocktail making thrown in for good measure!) and I would return without a doubt. Just need to find enough people to come with me.

Room Tip: Make sure you take a sat nav or map to find it! Also take the owners up on their recommendations for...