Hallmark Hotel Aberdeen Airport
US$39
Travelodge
US$113
US$110
Aberdeen Marriott Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$119
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
US$83
US$80
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott Aberdeen Airport(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$89
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroom was largea free shuttle busduty managerweekend breakaberdeen airportgood nights sleepstaff were welcomingfirst impressionbuffet styletea coffeean overnight stayan evening mealsteakexteriorsusanplane
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This is a clean decent hotel. It costs about £8 in a taxi from the airport and there is a free shuttle bus running from the hotel to the airport and heliports from 05:30 Monday to Friday.
The breakfast is very good and free in-room internet access

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Nothing exceptional about this hotel, but nothing horrible either. Just what you would expect from an airport hotel in Aberdeen, which is serviced by the offshore workers.
More of a motel than a hotel, which has the look of a military barracks (not that I would know!).
Reception staff were nice and friendly.
My room was old and a little tired. Nothing like the photo above.
Mattress was old, but not uncomfortable.
One of my pet hates is the shower head which is too low to wet the top of my shoulders!
Breakfast was good, decent sausages and bacon, although the coffee not so much.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
HotelManager2, Manager at Hallmark Hotel Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear Marcfromleeds,

Thankyou for reviewing the hotel and sharing you feedback. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your satf and have shared your comments with the departments. Whilst i appreciate your comments to the external buildings we are reviewing the best options available to improve the first impressions of the hotel and am pleased to confirm that we are in the process of refurbishing the standard rooms.
Thanks again and i look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel

Reviewed 16 March 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and I will continue to go back whenever I am in Aberdeen. Importantly from the arrival to departure staff were first class. Accommodation was excellent with large, clean and modern rooms. I only had breakfast but it was very good, plentiful and well displayed. The general manager is just fantastic, warm welcoming, bubbly and very knowledgeable. Looking forward to my next trip

Dear Neil,

Thankyou for taking the time to submit your great review which i was delighted to share with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel and hope you have the time to try our dinner service and i look forward to hearing your feedback.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

I wrote a review some months back which was critical of the Menzies Hotel. I have stayed there a couple of times since my last review and thought it would be appropriate to update my thoughts.

From the outside Menzies Hotel is a bleak looking concrete low-rise building with various wings throughout the grounds. It is rather dated and I am guessing it dates from the seventies. I work in the offshore industry and I have to say it does not have a great reputation and is looked upon only as somewhere to stay when the company is paying.

That said the last couple of stays I have noticed an improvement and I get the impression the management are trying to make very real improvements. One of the blocks behind the main building has been refurbished. Although the layout of the rooms are the same the fittings and fixtures have been updated and make the rooms seem more comfortable.

The staff are a million times more friendly and efficient than they have been in years gone by. Historically the staff have not been very friendly but that seems to have changed. Simple things like asking for a taxi or details of meal times used to be met with a surly unhelpful answer, this is now not the case, the staff are very friendly and efficient.

The refurbished rooms are pleasant enough with a widescreen TV and Freeview channels. The bathroom layout is rather odd with the handbasin being outside the bathroom. Tea and coffee facilities are provided as are towels and toiletries. The wi-fi internet is on BT Openzone and is ok. I was getting about 1.5 to 2.5mb download although the upload was negligible. A password is needed from reception.

The food has seen the biggest improvement. The room service is pretty basic but the restaurant itself has a number of very pleasant sounding dishes. I can't say I have had an evening meal in the restaurant but friends tell me the food can be excellent. I can only really comment on the breakfast and that has improved tenfold. There is a large selection of cereals, fruit juices, breads, bacon, sausage eggs etc. This is a buffet service and the staff are excellent when clearing up and taking coffee/tea orders. Well done to them!

There is still room for big improvement. Room service is still a complicated business where nothing can be put on the bill. It has to be paid at the time in cash or paid for in advance. The person who brings food to your room carries no change meaning you get your tray delivered and then pay. You sit down to eat your meal and then 10 minutes later you are disturbed when the waiter brings your change. I just find that set up to be a bit silly in this day and age. The room service food presentation is woeful and looks like the chef has just thrown the food on the plate. Not brilliant i'm afraid.

I have given the Menzies an average rating of 3 because it has improved from what it has been like for years gone by. There are some very real improvements but sadly hotels in Aberdeen are just not that good. An average score for Aberdeen is actually quite good.

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the rear wing as they have been refurbished.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MrInfinity001

Dear Peter,

Thankyou for taking the time to post your review from you recent stay. I am pleased to read that the training and development throughout the hotel has been noticed which we will continue to strive to improve the service. With regards to the room service, i can confirm that guests who have credit details on thier account can charge to their room however after reading your comments i do believe this is an area that needs attention which will be actioned with the team and apologies for this inconvenience.
Once again thankyou for the feedback and i look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed 11 February 2012

After reading the previous reviews i have to say i almost cancelled my booking but i am glad i changed my mind.....outside not appealing but once you get past the entrance what a nice surprise.
Stayed for 2 nights due to attending a conference at the hotel. Reception could have been happier to see me, however the 2 girls did seem to be busy....following on from that the bedroom was very comfortable large bed, sofa and clean bathroom. Dinner was great value for money, 3 course meal for £23 and a good choice. The conference very well looked after, hot coffee all day with a refreshing lunch, my only point would be the room temperature could not be controlled without having to call the manager, saying that it was always dealt with very quickly.
I would advise anyone who is thinking to visit this hotel would be to ignore all the other reviews and take a chance, i hope you end up enjoying it as much as i did, i would stay at the Menzies next time in Aberdeen

Room Tip: pay for the upgrade, worth every penny!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear Stbeattie,

Thank you for your great review. i was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we exceeded your expectations. We appreciate the time taken to post a review on trip advisor and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.