This small hotel is a real find. It is classed as a boutique B&B but has all the facilities and atmosphere of a small country house hotel. The rooms are comfortable and spacious as well as being very stylishly decorated. There are pleasant public rooms, including the small bar with a log fire and a sunroom with beautiful views. The food is delicious, all freshly prepared and very nicely presented. Breakfast was one of the best we have had anywhere. The owners are very welcoming and have clearly worked hard to create a really delightful place to stay. It is located in Walkerburn which is close to Peebles and is a good central base for exploring more of the Borders.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique getaway destination close to Edinburgh but in the heart of the beautiful Border countryside with outstanding views of the River Tweed and Tweed Valley. Relax and enjoy the splendour and location of this beautiful Edwardian Manor house, combined with superb food, fine wines and relaxed but professional hospitality from owners John and Sylvia Matthews ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Windlestraw Lodge Scottish Borders Hotel Walkerburn
- Windlestraw Hotel Walkerburn
- Windlestraw Walkerburn, Borders, Scotland