“Great Memories”

Auberge MacDonald Guest Inn
Auberge MacDonald Guest Inn
Reviewed 28 February 2013

This is our 4th visit staying with the McDonalds.. First visit was at the Guest House. great idea if you are in town with family for more than a couple of days. The last 3 visits have been to the Guest Inn as there are no stairs for my husband. We come back to my home town every year and are so pleased to have a comfortable, safe, clean and friendly place to stay right in town. The big suite allows us have guests over to visit. Keep up the great job Kelly & Scott !!!! We recommend this Inn to all of our out of town relativesfriends visiting Iroquois Falls area.

Room Tip: Large Suite 100 great for entertaining a few friends while in town
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Louanne M

Reviewed 9 January 2013

A fairly decent motel, a bit better than a Motel 6. I found the heating in the room to be annoyingly loud all night. Also, would have liked a full length mirror somewhere. Pets allowed in the common areas so skip it if you are allergic.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I stayed here a night with my partner at the time...though I live in town, he was allergic to cats, and I have 3. I phoned ahead and made a reservation directly with the owner Kelly (via her husband Scott). Kelly was very polite and kind, as well as offering me some much appreciated 'perks'. Check in was a breeze as we were expected. We received our key and were off down the hall. Our room was breathtaking. Though this is a new facility I did not expect this kind of luxury! We had a huge king sized bed that I almost needed a ladder to get up onto because it was so thick! Wireless internet was free and much appreciated, though not needed because the large flat screen tv and satellite television were great but the most amazing part was the jacuzzi tub right in the room :) What a nice touch to a romantic evening for 2 that was! After a sleep in a chamber fit for Kings we awoke to a lovely and very welcome continental breakfast of pastry and coffee. Many thanks to Kelly and Scott, you and your facility makes our little town proud :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chillin_61
Reviewed 12 December 2012

My fiancé and I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions (he even proposed to me in it!) and have always been extremely satisfied. The rooms are clean and well furnished, as well as equipped with modern amenities. The best part, however, are the heated floor-tiles in the washroom. Absolutely amazing (especially in the wintertime). We'll be spending a night or two again when we visit the North for Christmas this year. Cannot wait! :)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Stayed there 2 weeks. Staff was very friendly and rooms was big and clean. Breakfast only coffee and muffin but it doesn't matter because Subway is located just across street. It is only hotel in town.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We spent the night last night after a very long drive and we were pleasantly surprised. I did call and make a reservation because we were going to be arriving late. Angie was very funny and friendly on the phone. The rooms were clean, smelled nice, the bed was awesome..pillows were really nice too! Pantene shampoo AND conditioner were an amenity so I was very pleased to see conditioner was included and not just the combo kind you usually get. The owner, Kelly, was very friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel in a heartbeat. We didn't have the coffee and muffins so I can't really say how they are.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We stayed at this little motel totally by accident when we were travelling up North. This lovely family run motel catered to the tired traveler, the town was really friendly and the owners were really helpful and had a truly family atmosphere. The rooms were roomy and very tastefully decorated. It was not like a hotel room at all, more like a designer decorated bedroom. The beds were awesome, I must say I have never had a more comfortable bed or pillows. Everything was really plush. The only negative I would have to say is the continental breakfast offered was packaged muffins only, but there is a Subway's right across the road and numerous little restaurants in town. If your travelling up North take the time out to stop by Iroquois Falls, the people are really friendly and the inn is by far superior to many establishments.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Susan M

Been to Auberge MacDonald Guest Inn? Share your experiences!