“Great Mom and Pop Motel!”
Review of Lakeview Inn

Lakeview Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Blind River B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Clean, quiet, inexpensive and friendly. What more could you ask for? Definitely old-fashioned motel-style but really clean and quaint. Nice to see that some of these motels still survive in our sleek and modern age.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank irisheyesvictoria
There are newer reviews for Lakeview Inn

Reviewed 28 January 2014

My business partner and I use this motel several times a year and always find it to be the most comfortable for business and just plain chilling out after work. The Innkeepers, Joe and Charlene, are among the most friendly and helpful folks you'll find. The beds are excellent, the restaurant features wonderful homemade-style cooking, there is a desk large enough to get some work done during your stay, and the sense of welcome these hoteliers provide can't be beat. You can drive but a short way through town and enjoy fine dining at nearby Pier 17 when the LakeView's restaurant is closed for the winter. Nice community, great people running the Inn and all the comforts of home.

Room Tip: Can't tell ya or you'll be staying there when we arrive! lol
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Hiltonpointschamp
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Dead of winter for my visit and the heat was actually on for arrival - many let the rooms go cold - I was in Room 104 - new bed - great firmness - and a new flatscreen TV. Joe, the owner, very pleasant and explained they were starting to renovate rooms. Room very clean with fridge and coffee maker and Joe supplied a Continental Breakfast in a bag. Adequate. There is a restaurant on site but it will not be open until March. Good level ground and walkways kept clear of Ice ans Snow. Staff very friendly. I would go back !! Great Internet - one of the best I have encountered. Desk small but definitely functional.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. All are good but take it to the next level !
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Colin K
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at this inn and regretted it tremendously. Our room smelt terrible. It appeared that the owner was trying to mask a smell with air freshener and the resulting odour was a sweet, nauseating stench!!!

The bed was hard as rock and the one pillow that we each had was awful!!! The bath tub drain was clogged and there was hardly any hot water. You may be lured into staying at this hell hole for the free wifi but heed my advice, it's not worth it!!!! The outside of the inn looks very pretty but looks are deceiving. Please check your room before you decide to stay here.

As for the restaurant, the food was terrible!!! The service even worse!!! I, for one, will never ever stay at this place every again!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank S2015G
Reviewed 2 December 2013

What a total nightmare! My father phoned ahead to get a price and he was quoted $70. per night, when my wife and I arrived we were charged $82. per night.
When we went to our room and opened the door we were hit with an over powering smell of mold and mildew, but because we drove 7 hours straight we just decided to tough it out and get a new room the next morning.
My wife was in the shower when she called to me and showed me that the bath tub drain was plugged.
The bed was very hard and somewhat lumpy and the pillows I'm guessing were a flea market special.
The next morning after a very restless night we decided to have breakfast at their own restaurant which is close and kind of convenient, What a mistake, after finding our own table we waited for quite a while before being ask what we wanted, when we finally got our order the food was well um PRETTY HORRIBLE, oh and we had to ask for more coffee while the waitress, cook, and I'm assuming the owner went over and talked about what seemed to be a catalogue.
I didn't leave a tip but will for any perspective customer.
Here is your tip, DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh on the people that gave this place a 5 star rating, are we talking about the same motel?????Or could we accurately assume that your rating is somewhat biased!?!?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Dave G
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is a very clean and tidy motel. It is inviting as soon as you drive into the well kept parking lot. The staff are friendly and accommodating. We were scouting out hotels for a motorcycle group ride to Michigan and were disappointed when we found out it was taken for the weekend we needed. We did not try the restaurant but heard the food was good. The only negative is the beds on the platform as in previous reviews. I got a bad bruise on my leg by bumping into it and my husband stubbed his toe. Other than that, we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lsellars
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Hands down cleanest hotel I've ever been in. The parking lot and sidewalks are immaculate and you can "see the clean" inside the rooms. The whole place is adorable and charming. Side note: the whole town shuts down except for Tim Horton's and Subway after 8pm in a Sunday!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
#1 of 2 in Algoma Mills
MacIver's Motel & Campground
MacIver's Motel & Campground
#1 of 2 in Blind River

Been to Lakeview Inn? Share your experiences!