“Dream Wedding in 2008”
Review of Villa Baroncino

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tuoro sul Trasimeno
Villa Baroncino
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Dream Wedding in 2008”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Sorry for the much delayed review but we have only just signed up to trip advisor.
My wife and I were married at Villa Baroncino in July 2008 (although on tripadvisor it says jan 2012 as there was no 2008 option) and at the time we posted the following testimonial on the Villa Baroncino website;

Hi Marco,
We just wanted to thank you so much for all of your hard work for our wedding in July.
Villa Baroncino was literally spectacular - everything we wanted and more.
As we arrived for the first time at the bottom of the driveway to the Villa, everyone was hugely impressed - the word 'Wow!' was used more than once by most people!
Not only was the villa spectacular, but so was the wedding day.
It will always live with us as one of our best memories, and I know that I speak for all of the wedding party when I say that.
Of course none of it would be possible without your superb organisational skills.
So, thank you once again for the best day of our lives, and for a beautiful holiday experience.
If ever you want a reference or want to direct potential clients to us for advice, please feel free.
Best wishes,

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Glasgow
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We got it.... These guys do everything just perfect. No other explanation required.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2011

It’s taken a while to put our testimonial together, the main reason being is that we have found it so difficult to find the right words to describe Villa Baroncino and all it’s glory. We wanted to make sure that we did Marco and his team justice for the perfection that we experienced not only on our wedding day but for the duration of our stay.

When Paul and I were deciding where to get married we spent a great deal of time looking at many different sites and locations. Then we happened upon Romantic Italian Weddings and for this we say a silent thank you each day.

I feel that the only way to describe Marco is to say that he is a beautiful soul. He will always hold a very special place within our hearts for the help and guidance that he provided towards the organisation of our wedding day. We truly believe that his success is driven by the love and devotion he holds for his work and not the potential benefits to himself. Everything that Marco does, the team that he chooses to work with, the suppliers that he recommends and ultimate service that is provided all leads to everything within his control being just as you wish...In our opinion, exceeding expectations!

The planning of our stay at Villa Baroncino, wedding ceremony in Cortona and Blessing within the garden of Villa Baroncino was made simple and stress free with the help of the 8 Step Tool. Oh how this made life so much easier! With the help of this marvelous creation we knew exactly where we were with the planning and could discuss each section as we went along. If we wanted to make an amendment, not a problem, an email through this tool was all it took. It definitely saved us endless lists of details that are normally associated with weddings and holidays!

Paul and I travelled in Italy for a few days prior to our scheduled stay in Villa Baroncino with our 2 children. Before traveling to Villa Baroncino we arranged a meeting at Ciao Ciao to discuss the arrangements that had been made for our wedding day. The hospitality  that was shown to us all really left an impression. Marco was fantastic with our children and was happy to ensure they were entertained whilst we discussed the finer points of the planning. It was at this point that we were introduced to Ina, the villa’s estate manager.

During our meeting, Paul, myself, Ina and Marco went through all of the requests that had been made. Marco even went as far as to contact all of the suppliers while we were with him to provide the added assurance that not only did he have the details on paper, but the suppliers were on board and our requests were being met. It was even more lovely that our caterer Guiliano came to see us to discuss the menu. This also gave us an opportunity to arrange alternative meals for those with allergies, decide on a design for the wedding cake and finalize the seating plans.....Which I forgot to take with me, but even this was not a problem, we talked the guest numbers through and put a plan in place.

Feeling very calm and positively reassured about the whole event planning, we could not wait to see the villa in the flesh.

We followed Ina to the villa by car and upon our arrival she gave us a guided tour. Breathless, speechless and completely awe struck, these are but a few of the emotions that we felt when arriving and viewing Villa Baroncino. Once we had been shown the individual apartments and where everything was Ina left us to make ourselves at home. We must say that she is a guardian angel, always available to help and answer questions but never intrusive. I even locked one of the keys inside a room, major panic as our guests were arriving the same day! I made a quick phone call to Ina and a gent arrived within the shortest time and retrieved the keys for us! Life saver. Ina provided support in meetings that we had with suppliers and also translated for us when needed. What a wonderful woman and support to have around during your stay at the villa.

The days leading up to our wedding were filled with relaxing meals by the pool (either made by ourselves or ordered and delivered from Ciao Ciao), walking around the gardens, playing with the children and overall, feeling a deep sense of gratitude for the opportunity to stay in such a wonderful place.

The day before the wedding Marco had arranged a rehearsal at the Town Hall in Cortona, the timings were planned to the minute and although at first this seemed very overwhelming, on the day itself we were thankful. Having a run through with the main wedding party was great, it also put our mind at ease seeing what a stunning building the Town Hall turned out to be and how beautiful Cortona was with its narrow alleyways, friendly locals and amazing views.

After the rehearsal, the wedding party returned to the villa, thanks to the mini bus provided by Massimo. To be honest, he took care of all transport needs during our stay, solid reliable and very reasonably priced, again highly recommended.

While everyone returned to the villa to relax around the pools, I went to see Nello, my chosen hairdresser, at his salon Tendenza. Ladies, I do not jest that this man can work magic. I will remain eternally grateful for the service that was provided to me, both he and the make up artist that attended to myself and bridesmaids were masters of their craft. Please visit his website TendenzaHair to see my testimonial for full details. I promise I meant every word when I was writing it and if you choose to go with Nello, you won’t be disappointed.

Finally the day of the wedding arrived, we had a meeting with the florist (Paulo & Francesca) to ensure we were happy with the flowers that had been brought for the table arrangements, bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages and venue decorations. At the last minute we discussed a few alterations, this was not a problem as they were made that morning whilst we were getting dressed - you certainly don’t get much fresher than that! The end result was gorgeous, as a bouquet I had gone for solely babies breath with foliage, very understated and exactly as I wanted it. The table and venue decorations looked fantastic, a mixture of calla lilies, babies breath, greenery and anthurium. We even placed them around the villa during the remainder of our time at the villa and they still looked fresh when we left. Paulo and Francesca were brilliant whilst arranging the flowers. At first we were very nervous about making the arrangements by email, however, with the assistance of a few photos and a couple of emails I can say we got exactly what we wanted.

Following Nello working his magic, our photographer Stefano arrived....what a great guy!! Even going above and beyond the call of duty to run ahead to the town hall with the flowers that the groom had forgotten!! We received our photographs on CD  a few weeks ago now, all 1500 of them. We eventually asked Stefano to compile an album for us himself rather than choose our own, the reason being, that he really captured the essence of the day, which makes our job even harder in choosing! We also trust him completely, Stefano captured the little things, like my bridesmaids holding hands - trying to keep it together during the ceremony, our youngest son playing with his helicopter whilst Paul and I were being blessed, our eldest son sitting by the edge of the pool. You sometimes forgot about Stefano being there, of course we posed for some photo’s, which again were amazing, but it’s more than that, he blended into the wedding party and was such a playful and pleasant gent.

The ceremony within Cortona was so special, yes I know most weddings are, but with Marco translating for us, the mayoress of Cortona conducting the ceremony, the quartet playing in the back ground and being surrounding by those that meant most to us, the special touch that was added when I was handed 7 of the most stunning roses and Paul was handed a ‘fancy’ copy of our wedding certificate, all I can say is that gratitude will be in the memory of our hearts.

Following this we returned to the villa and met Brother Tom, what a character....our blessing in the garden was very down to earth, refreshing and well...honest..! The most endearing feature about Brother Tom was that nothing was sugar coated...Paul and I have been together for 14 years, so there’s not much that we don’t know about each other. We loved the fact that Brother Tom discussed how marriage isn’t all sunshine and lolly pops (obviously not his exact words), its about love, companionship and compromise...! Not very often you hear that side of it..! Then it was off for canapes around the pool....all of our guests commented on how spectacular this not only looked but tasted.

After mingling, getting photo’s took and relaxing for a little while we were seated for what can only be described as the most astronomical meal I have ever encountered! The service was fantastic, the food that Guiliano provided was mouth watering and served at a very high standard. The menu’s that are on offer sound good, but the taste was even better! Our guests still talk about the vast choice and amount of food that was available. We definitely made the right choice. Finally we had our wedding cake...Which in our opinion was the most dreamy cake in the world..! Delicious, does not even come close to describing the flavor...or the sight..!

Our day moved into the night, with an open bar and DJ Alex, he provided the entertainment, music covering all ages, happily taking requests and seeing us into the early hours with dancing, laughter, and fun. A great guy, who when we met was willing to discuss play lists and requirements, but we’re pleased we left the choices to him as we were in very capable hands.

So.....heres the top and bottom of it all...Everyone who we came into contact with through the assistance of Marco, performed to an exceptional standard. Staying at Villa Baroncino was one of the most pleasurable experiences of our lives, and in a way ourselves, along with everyone who shared our time there left a part of themselves behind. Would we go back and do it all again......?....Without a shadow of a doubt.

Thank you Marco, and all of the Romantic Italian Wedding team, you truly were spectacular and we genuinely wish you every happiness in what we hope is a very prosperous future.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank KH0308
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Where do I even begin... I am still dreaming about that week!
We had our wedding at the villa in mid july. It's been exactly a year now since the first visit I had at the Villa, after speaking with Marco on the phone , I wasn't sure all of our friends from Canada will make it ( we are living in Switzerland for now) but he was confident and reassured me that we wouldn't be less than 30 persons considering his experience . Since I am a little perfectionist I went there to make sure it was as nice as the perfect pictures we saw on the web site. And I wanted to have a feeling of the place and the people we were going to work with. Well you don't have to go there , the place is more beautiful than the pictures can let you see.
I met Marco and his assistant Alexandra who picked me up at the train station, and I have to say that I was pretty impress with their profesionalism. I knew exactly what to expect when I left, the 8 step tools is great to make sure there is no misunderstanding as well as it helps you organize better. We chose this place and it was the best decision we could make.

We ended up being 38 at the villa including 2 kids. The first word you will say even after being at the place before is "wow "and "wow" what a beautiful surrounding! it's a little paradise at least during a week.

Thank you Marco for your organizational skills, the rehearsal before the wedding was great, you always listen to our requests and adapted to our needs. Your advices were very appreciated, it shows that you have been doing this for a while now...
Thanks to Alexandra, for answering all my questions and e-mails so fast, you were a charm to work with.
A big thanks to Ina as well she was always available, that woman have 3 kids and still find time to do so many things in one day! she accompanied us to the florist Cristina who did a wonderful job with the flowers, she took me to the hair dresser Monia who also did a nice job, she picked up clothes for the dry cleaning of all the guests before the wedding. I mean she does it all. Thank you very much Ina you were great!
Being wine lovers and foodies, the food was very important to us, we wanted the best and we got it. Enrico ( Luciano's son from the Luciano catering) was excellent, we had tasted the menu at his restaurant and we had such a lovely experience, we decided to go with him, he even accommodated us with details such as glassware it was so appreciated and everything was perfect.
The pictures were quite nice as well thanks to Stefano, made us laugh the whole time and felt very at ease.
Actually, the words that most of our guests used to describe the wedding was perfect and the week was one of their best ever.

I remember reading all the reviews before and were wondering if it was all true, the answer is yes and we are a very picky. We spend some time preparing the wedding but they made it so much easier.
If you are looking for a stress free wedding, with professionals at the most romantic, and beautiful scenery Italy can offer than you have found it!

And as everyone say we only wish we could stay there longer!
Grazie mille Marco and the whole RIW team !

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Diane M
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We booked our wedding at villa baroncino and stayed with 52 friends and family for a week in July 2011. We were apprehensive about the trip as we felt a great sense of responsibility for the holiday living up to the expectation of our family and friends. We had never been to this area of Italy before and had only seen the villa on-line. From the first moment I spoke to Marco (the villa owner) on the phone it felt right and we went on to book. From then, in the coming year until the wedding day we had what can only be described as first class help and support in every step of planning our wedding.
A question never went unanswered and responses were always fast and helpful. On arrival at the villa we were blown away by the beautiful surroundings it sits within, the stunning well maintained gardens and the villa itself is just perfect with the lake sitting on the horizon opposite. We are SO HAPPY we found this place, we just wish we could have stayed longer or even better could do it all over again. We had the most relaxing week as did our family and friends and we all had a wonderful holiday. The wedding day itself was a civil ceremony at cortona town hall. Well what can i say about Cortona. The views are breathtaking, the town hall is traditional and beautiful, it is a busy little town with plenty of atmosphere. We loved it. Back at the villa the marquee (used for the wedding reception) in the villa grounds looked fantastic. It is light and airey again with beautiful backdrop that surrounds the villa visible through the glass windows. Our guests had 8 courses of what they described was the 'best food' they had ever had at a wedding. We had Luciano as our caterer and what a great choice, it was all delicious from start to finish. YUM!
Ina was on hand all week to help and assist in anyway possible and she was amazing and is an asset to the villa. Together with Marco I would describe them as charming, organised beyond belief, and determined to do all they can to ensure your wedding week exceeds expectations on every level. Well they succeeded here. If you are considering this place for your wedding DO IT, you wont regret it i am sure.
We just wish we could come back with you :-)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 June 2011

My husband I and recently had our wedding at Villa Baroncino. If you are reading this review you are likely considering a wedding in Italy. Trust me when I say that you have found the right place! Stunning location, beautiful accommodations and professional service. It was the perfect wedding! We have been home a few weeks, and keep reliving our time at the villa with our family and friends. Everyone had such an amazing time and we all wish we could do it all over again!

Where to start......we researched locations all over Italy before deciding on Villa Baroncino. I had been to the region before so I knew how beautiful the countryside was. And as all our guests, minus two, were traveling from the States, we also wanted a convenient location for our guests to get to and from which they could take easy day trips and travel to other parts of Italy. It was also important to us to find a place where all our guests could stay together. There were 43 of us staying at the villa which worked out well. We did have to use a few sleeper sofas which I was a bit concerned about beforehand, but just like everything else, this worked out without a hitch.

We never visited Villa Baroncino before arriving there for our wedding week. And believe me when I say I am perfectionist who researches everything and needs to know every detail and all options before making a decision. But the funny thing is, I was never concerned that the villa was not going to be as beautiful or the wedding as wonderful as everyone had described. The reviews were so sincere and full of heart, that I felt confident we would not be disappointed. And we weren't - in fact our entire week and more importantly, our wedding day exceeded our high expectations!

Marco is a true professional and really knows what he is doing. His staff is equally amazing. Alexandra - again thank you for your enormous patience not only with answering all my many emails, but also for your kind and prompt communications with our guests. Many before the wedding commented on how sweet you were and how we were in such good hands because of you. And Ena - thank you so much! You made our time at the villa so easy! You always made sure that we had everything we needed which was truly appreciated! And Massimo thank you for driving us everywhere and for your frequent Ciao Ciao deliveries which were always with a smile! And finally, Marco - what we can say! Thank you, thank you, thank you! My guests thought you were a rock star with how wonderful everything went!

As with Marco, Alexandra and Ena, all of Marco's recommended vendors were exceptional! We used two of the recommended transportation companies for the bus from Rome to the Villa, a transfer to Florence and a day trip to Siena. About twenty of us went on a wine tour with Andrea, also recommended by Marco. The tour was amazing and a true highlight of our entire trip! We keep recommending him to everyone we know going to Italy! And Ciao Ciao.........the dinner we hosted there the day before our wedding was more fun that we could have imagined! The setting, although casual, was perfect for our festive dinner and the servers worked hard keeping up with our many food and drink orders! It was a night that all will remember with a smile! And it was also the beginning of several delivery orders from Ciao Ciao throughout the rest of the week!

Now about the villa......the setting was ideal. The views are beautiful, the pools lovely, and the rooms and apartments are charmingly decorated. It was amazing having such a beautiful property all to ourselves to enjoy with our family and friends. The wedding suite is extremely spacious and truly something special. What we really enjoyed and used a lot is the large common space at the bottom of Villa Adele. We arranged for breakfast there for our guests. Several of our guests have commented that they really appreciated having the breakfast, as it was great way for everyone to catch up and to make plans before starting their days. We also spent our evenings (some to early morning) hanging out here! And finally the marquee – it is such a spacious, elegant and beautiful space. When all set up for our dinner/reception it looked amazing!

Ok now the wedding day! We were blessed with perfect weather! Ena kindly took care of having my dress and my husband's suit pressed, so that was not a concern for us. Nello came to the villa to do my hair. I had elected not to have a test done (again completely out of character for me) and just trusted that he would do a great job, based on previous reviews! I was not disappointed. He did exactly what I asked! And despite his limited English I had a lot of fun working with him! And our photographer Stefano - loved him! Everyone did! So helpful and just easy and fun to be around! We were sad to see him go! Like others have said, he blended in with the guests and seemed to be part of the wedding! We are very excited to get our pictures from him! The flowers from Mario - absolutely perfect! I sent a picture of what I wanted and after exchanging only a few emails confirming the details, I could not have been happier with the final result! And the flowers were of such excellent quality that my bouquet still looked beautiful days after the wedding! Our ceremony was in the lovely garden, and the trio played beautifully during the ceremony and the aperitifs. The DJ Alex was equally as good! He met with us for a bit the night before the wedding to gage our style and our party expectations. His songs choices were perfect and keep everyone dancing to the very end! And finally, the food! Giuliano, thank you for an exceptional never-ending meal and the most delicious wedding cake ever - really! Everyone keeps talking about it still, and I don't even like wedding cake and I eat every last bite!

I could go on and on, and in fact it seems like I have already have! We couldn't be happier that we chose to celebrate our wedding at Villa Baroncino! It was truly perfect! If you are thinking about doing the same, just do it! It will be a unique and beautiful way to celebrate your wedding and one that you and your guests will talk about for years to come! Marco has his system down, which really makes the wedding planning simple and organized. And the day of, he runs the show with perfection! Thank you to Marco and all at Villa Baroncino for making our wedding such a memorable and wonderful experience and one which exceeded our expectations! Hope to visit again soon!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank hollingster
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Just excellent all around. Marco was a wonderful host, the rooms were lovely and comfortable. The grounds are stunning and just what I needed to relax. We were there for a wedding on the property and we rented out the whole villa and it was such a wonderful time for us all. I wouldnt change a thing!

• Stayed May 2011
#1 of 10 in Passignano Sul Trasimeno
Villa Sensi
Villa Sensi
#3 of 5 in Tuoro sul Trasimeno

Been to Villa Baroncino? Share your experiences!