Villa Baroncino
US$300
Official Site
US$231
US$190
I Capricci di Merion(Tuoro sul Trasimeno)
US$257
US$249
Park Hotel Residence Montigeto(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)(Great Value!)
US$88
Villa Sensi(Tuoro sul Trasimeno)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Ospitalita Perusia(Tuoro sul Trasimeno)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Villa Paradiso Village(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)
Hotels.com
  • Pool
La Vela(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Lido(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshis teamromantic italian weddingswedding plannerciao ciaocakedj alexwedding weekdance floorblown awayfrom start to finishfriends and familystep toolamazing weddingwedding suitecortona town hallthank you so muchstring quartet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My family had a destination wedding at the Villa. It was a great week. The Staff was friendly and helpful. Rented a car at the Rome Airport and found it was a quick ,easy trip to the Villa. Not speaking Italian I found the people to be very helpful and understanding. Across the street from the back entrance to the parking area is a public bocci court. We played there and found the locals to be very friendly.

While there we went out to eat at local restaurants and was amazed by the food and wine. One night we ate starting at 5:30 pm. The meal was great and we stayed till 10:00 pm.. Unlike here in US the owners would just set up more tables as the locals came in. The dream to have a 40th wedding aniversary at the villa for our next trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike52228146
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Marco & Alexandra- thank you! When we read the other trip advisor reviews about VB prior to booking our wedding, we never thought we would ever gush about our wedding in the same way- and yet here we are! For anyone who is considering getting married in Italy, you would be mad to not consider Romantic Italian Weddings.

We booked Villa Baroncino for our wedding (which took place a month ago at the end of Oct) before we flew to Italy for a weekend to have a look at the venue. This was largely based on the Trip Advisor reviews and the organised, detailed approach of the website. While it would be entirely possible to book the venue and arrive the week of the wedding, we found that having our 'preview' of the villa, the area, and Cortona added to our excitement about the Wedding itself.

Alexandra- the lady behind the emails! She was so patient with all of our emails and questions, especially with the awkward roast pig request!

Ine- the villa manager, a quieter lady than Monica at San Crispolto, but so approachable and helpful with guest requests, and flexible with us throughout. She is always available when you need her (and you have her phone number on a mobile topped up with credit if you need her), and she allows you to get on with your holiday when you choose to. Fantastic event management on the day itself.

Stefano Nannucci (photographer). Choosing Stefano was one of the best decisions we made for our Wedding. He was just fantastic from start to finish, arriving before we left the villa (even showing the bridesmaids how to button the dress up!), and staying until the first dance even though we were running behind schedule. He has a lovely relaxed mannerism and so easy to be around. Even the guests were raving about him, and we were calling him the 5th bridesmaid by the end of the day. All this and I haven't even seen the photos yet!

Simone (videographer). Lovely guy, worked seamlessly with Stefano, and we really enjoyed our time walking around Cortona with these guys after our ice-cream! Looking forward to seeing our video when it's ready :-)

Cristina- (florist). Lovely, warm lady, whose shop is in Tuoro just a few minutes from the villa. I arrived in the shop a few days before the wedding and showed her pictures of what we wanted, and she did an incredible job. Better than I had hope for! She arrived with the flowers that morning and helped the bridesmaids with the table decorations.

Nello & Co (Hair/Makeup). I did a trial in Nello's shop with Sylvia and Tamarain the days before the wedding, and was delighted with it all. Nello himself is lovely. I would recommend bringing a photo as a starting point of your hairstyle and going from there. They were lovely girls, so if you can't afford Nello himself, I wouldn't hesitate to choose his top stylists.

Luciano (Food). We chose Luciano's restaurant to supply our food. His son Enrico is the main man there now, and he was very welcoming when we had our food trial there. It was delicious- all 7 courses! The cake arrived in the shape of a love heart, and was so delicious according to the guests that demolished it that I didn't even get to have a slice myself! We also ordered pizza from Ciao ciaos on another night which was delicious.

Music-DJ Alex. Another highlight of the Wedding. We gave him a playlist, so that he could get an idea of our music taste, but he did an amazing job. For a wedding of only 50 people, the dance floor was busy for a whole 5 hours! He played guest requests and was just brilliant the whole night.

Music- We chose the string trio Musicians Hubay and an opera singer who played both in the cathedral and back at the villa, and they were stunning. Absolutely magical.

Transport- we organised for coach to transport the guests to/from the airport in Rome (and the church also on the day),and it was a great decision as everyone was relaxed on arrival. It stopped at a supermarket en route so they could pick up water and a few supplies. Autonoleggio il Girasole did this for us. For the wedding car, we hired a 1975 Red Fiat 500 from slowhills which was magical, and we had a fab time driving back to the villa in it on the day.

Ciao ciao- Some of our guests went here the night before the wedding and it is still a talking point one month later!

Marco- thank you. It can be difficult to trust a person you haven't met when it comes to organising your wedding, and in particular discussing costs etc by phone and email. When we met you in person and 'came to life' for us, we took an instant liking to you, and we saw how much you genuinely want each Wedding to be the best day/week of the bride&groom's life. Your attention to detail is second to none, and it is not by chance that all the Baroncino couples say it was the best day of our lives. You even managed to get the sun to shine at 22degrees for a week at the end of October! The paperwork went smoothly, and the organisation with the church was seamless.

A word of advice to anyone thinking of booking Villa Baroncino is to do it! (I would add that you should check with your guests that you will have the minimum of 16 looking to stay for a week or it can become expensive for the bride&groom to cover - but this is not Marco's fault and he did his best to help us out).

It was better than we could have imagined and we have so many memories that will stay with us forever. We look forward to visiting Cortona one day again to relive the magic :-)

Lorraine & Sé

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hanno99
Reviewed 7 November 2013

To those who are looking for a venue in Tuscany or Umbria to get married, I would strongly suggest you visit Villa Baroncino and discuss your wedding dreams with Romantic Italian Weddings.

Marco, and his experienced team, are extraordinary wedding planners and will organise your wedding down to the smallest detail, ensuring that the day runs smoothly and without stress for the bride, groom and guests.

My wife and I got married in September 2013 and our wedding day, and week, could not have been more perfect. Marco is a truly exceptional wedding planner, and we cannot thank him enough for making the day incredibly special. The entire wedding planning process was stress-free, as Marco has designed the 8-step tool to guide you through your decision-making at a gentle pace, ensuring that the wedding is 99% organised prior to your arrival at Villa Baroncino. As for Villa Baroncino, all I can say is WOW, what a stunning location it is.

Villa Baroncino is a beautiful villa set within acres of landscaped gardens with glorious vistas down to Lago Trasimeno. Each of the 13 apartments and rooms are sizeable and furnished with character and charm. We have had the pleasure of staying in Tuscany and Umbria a number of times, and researched a number of alternative wedding venues, but we are yet to visit or stay anywhere as beautiful as Villa Baroncino. Our guests felt the same, comparing the venue to "celebrity weddings" viewed in the press. They were blown away by its beauty and every single guest who stayed at the villa, could only say positive things about the location when they departed. It’s a truly magical location and a perfect venue for Tuscan Wedding.

I recall from researching Villa Baroncino myself that I really wanted to read more reviews on Food, Wine, Photographer, Transportation options etc. So I will run through each of ours quickly below:

Food:

We picked a menu from Guiliano, who kindly adapted some of the choices to our own desires. We had a few vegans, pescetarians(!) and gluten-intolerant guests and he provided 4 wonderful dishes for each and every guest. The Italian wedding cake was divine so I'd highly recommend that particular dish.

Photographer:

Mark Raffan from Riff Raff Weddings is an absolute legend and made our day so much better for his professionalism and presence! We are delighted with the photo's Mark produced for us, he even managed to make me look pretty good, which is no easy feat I can tell you! We really cannot recommend Mark highly enough, he kept everyone smiling throughout the day but was also discrete which enabled us to spend as much time as possible with our guests.

Transportation:

We organised all of our airport, wedding guests and tour transportation through Massimo at Autonoleggio Il Girasole. There were no problems or issues with any of his services and the vehicles were air-conditioned and clean. We had to change a number of services in the weeks prior to the wedding and Massimo was kind enough to accommodate this. His drivers were English-speaking and added some local knowledge to our journeys as we travelled through the Tuscan countryside. I would have no hesitation in recommending his company. For the wedding car we hired the Rolls Royce from Drive-in-Style. The car is beautiful and made quite an impact on its arrival into Cortona! Again, we experienced no problems with the company and would recommend them to other bride and grooms.
Hair:

This was organised by Monia, who copied a picture provided to the exact details, for the bride and bridesmaids. They were all extremely happy with the service provided on the day.

Flowers:

Christina provided a beautiful arrangement of flowers for the day, working from some photos which we had previously provided. We were very happy with the quality of the arrangements and would definitely recommend Christina to other wedding parties.

If anyone would like to discuss the above suppliers with us, I'd be happy to answer questions, just ask Marco for my email address.

To summarise, Marco Bernasconi and his team of suppliers made our day and week so very special and we could not have been happier with our choice of venue, planner and suppliers. We have had many guests commenting on both the venue and the wedding, stating that it's the best wedding they've had the pleasure of attending. We're so pleased that we picked Villa Baroncino and I'd strongly recommend that you visit the villa to see for yourself.You will not be disappointed and I can ensure you that with Marco organising the day, it will be as perfect for you as it was for us.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brizzle_Dave
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have just returned from Italy after my wedding in Villa Baroncino and 'mini-moon' in Venice, and felt compelled to write a review of our experience with Marco and his team while everything was fresh in my head.

I am by nature quite a cautious person and my partner even more than me, so it was completely out of character that we booked our wedding with Marco with no time to go and see the venue or meet the team before our trip.

It is understandable then that both my wife and I were naturally nervous upon arrival in Italy with 20 of our nearest and dearest in tow (to be joined by a further 30 people for a mini 3 day trip later in the week). As we drove to the Villa, using the coach service suggested by Marco, we felt the weight of expectation that come from booking not only our wedding but accommodation for family and friends- we were desperate for them to enjoy their trip, their accommodation and most importantly our wedding.

We needn't have worried.

Every aspect of the trip was first class. From the moment we arrived at Villa Baroncino and met the resort manager, Ina, we knew we were in good hands.

The villa itself is pretty spectacular. Stunning views are matched by equally beautiful buildings, with comfy beds to lavish furniture to good kitchen areas within the apartments. Both pools are well maintained (although it was cold in Oct!) and the grounds are immaculate.

All staff/ suppliers were of the highest order. Hairdressers, coach travel, taxi drivers, waiters- we didn't meet one single person that didn't try and make our stay special.

Our videographer deserves a special mention. Kamil did an outstanding job and we can not thank him enough for his patience, his kind attitude and local knowledge. If you are in the process of choosing a videographer please take time to look at Kamils' work- you will not be disappointed.

A special thank you has to go to the main man himself. Marco is professional, organised and honestly cares about his product and the couples using his service. Marco is essentially giving you an experience, hopefully one of the best experiences you will ever have, and to both my wife and my mind he excelled.

I would happily recommend Romantic Italian Holidays to anyone considering using them. Every thing has been thought of, all members of their team are great and you will not regret your decision.

Thank you Marco, you truly gave us everything we wanted and more.

Stuart and Nicola.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank StuLev2013
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I got married this September 2013 at Villa Baroncino and we recommend it a thousand times to anyone planning a wedding in Italy.

The service provided by Marco and his team is exceptional. Marco is a natural wedding planner. He is extremely organised and experienced and with him running the show you can trust everything will run perfectly. Most importantly to us, Marco seems to genuinely love what he does; on our wedding day he was beaming with happiness and he added to what was a perfect and wonderful day. Marco is a lovely person, as is Ine who looks after the Villa and tends to all your needs during your stay there.

Villa Baroncino is a beautiful villa set in the glorious Umbrian landscape. I visited Villa Baroncino twice before the wedding and both times it was being cleaned and organised for the arrival of a wedding party. Despite having visited on these 2 occasions, I was in awe at the beauty of the place when we arrived for the week of our Wedding. I have been lucky enough to have stayed in many wonderful places in Tuscany and around Italy. However none compare to Villa Baroncino. The communal kitchen/dining room area is beautiful and welcoming and the apartments for sleeping in are full of character and charm. The wedding suite is the most magical and romantic room I have ever stayed in. There are great walks you can go on from the Villa if you like walking in the Italian countryside.

Organising a wedding in Villa Baroncino is not difficult as Marco has a very efficient and user friendly webtool that allows you to chose from a selection of very good suppliers. Marco details each step of the planning for you. The only difficult step for us was deciding who would stay in the villa and for how many nights. All other decisions relating to the wedding eg flowers, music, photographer were easy as Marco has wonderful people providing these services.

For anyone thinking of a wedding in Villa Barconcino you can trust that this is a lovely place to get married and you will not find a better wedding planner than Marco or a place that is better equipped for a wedding than Villa Baroncino.

We chose a civil ceremony at Cortona Town Hall and are so happy with this choice. It was a beautiful ceremony.

I unreservedly recommend the following services which we used:

Photographer: Jules Bower is an EXCELLENT photographer. He is very talented and experienced. I love photography and I think he is the best wedding photographer I have ever come across. Just a few days after our wedding Jules put up his photos of our wedding- he is incredibly efficient and his photos beautiful and natural. I cannot say enough to recommend Jules more and I think his photos speak for themselves.

Videographer: Marco Abbatangelo was wonderful and we were so happy to have him as our videographer. (I think that he works very well with Jules)

Flowers: Christina. Christina is a 20 minute walk up the road from Villa Baroncino in the village of Tuoro sul Trasimeno. She is very nice and sweet and she made a beautiful arrangement of flowers for our wedding. I sent her a picture of a bouquet of flowers that I liked and she worked from that to make beautiful arrangements of flowers.

DJ: DJ Alex was fantastic. We gave him a playlist of music a few days before the wedding to give him an idea of what we would like and he adjusted this superbly; the dancefloor was full all night and he knew exactly what to play to suit the crowd.

Music for ceremony and aperatif: we had a string quartet from a co. used by Marco- beautiful music.

Food: Renata. We chose the 9 course meal and are very happy that we did. It was not too much food and people even got seconds of lots of courses. The food was delicious and everyone was in great form as the food and wine kept coming and it worked better than getting one huge plate of food. People had lots of food but still had energy to get up and dance all night afterwards.

I could not be happier with our choice of venue for our wedding in Italy and there is nothing that I would change. Alot of our guests have said that this was the best wedding they ever went to and have asked how we managed to find it. I found it on tripadvisor and I am grateful to the reviews that I read that encouraged me to choose this for our wedding. Having a wedding organiser who owns the property where the wedding takes place is excellent; Marco is intimately involved in the wedding and I am truly grateful to him and everyone involved. Our wedding was, thanks to them, perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple