Villa Baroncino
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Tuoro sul Trasimeno
See available hotels
I Capricci di Merion(Tuoro sul Trasimeno)
View Hotel
Ospitalita Perusia(Tuoro sul Trasimeno)
View Hotel
Villa Sensi(Tuoro sul Trasimeno)
View Hotel
Fattoria Le Tassinaie(Tuoro sul Trasimeno)
Villa di Piazzano(Piazzano)
View Hotel
Park Hotel Residence Montigeto(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)
View Hotel
Hotel Da Sauro(Isola Maggiore)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshis teamromantic italian weddingswedding plannerciao ciaocakedj alexwedding weekdance floorblown awayfrom start to finishfriends and familystep toolamazing weddingwedding suitecortona town hallthank you so muchstring quartet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2010

We recently had the most amazing experience getting married at Villa Baroncino. We have a place in Italy and so we know this area very well. After visiting many possible places to get married last year, in Umbria, we fortunately came across this Villa. It is a piece of paradise, unrivalled in terms of location, beauty, privacy and what Marco offers. From the moment we booked the wedding the service provided by Marco and his staff was flawless.Their attention to detail made our day spectacular and even more perfect than we could ever have dreamed possible. The actual Villa and grounds are stunning and Marco has ensured that he provides five star luxury for all his guests. All the rooms and apartments are decorated and furnished beautifully and Fabrizio maintains the gardens and pools immaculately. Our friends and family were blown away with the setting and the impeccable service at the wedding. We are really pleased that we chose Renata as our caterer and she provided excellent, authentic Umbrian food and it was both a delicious and real Italian expericence to remember. Living in Hong Kong, we are fortunate to travel and visit many five star places but we feel that Villa Baroncino is second to none and it will always be a very special place for us. We have no hesitation in recommending Villa Baroncino as an incredible venue for your wedding in Italy and can ensure that you will have an unforgettable experience like us. We would like to thank Marco, Ina, Renata and the rest of the staff for helping to provide the best memories ever.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Undoubtedly the most amazing wedding venue on earth, IMHO!

We have just returned from our wedding/honeymoon, and the one part we wish we could relive over and over and over again is our week in Villa Baroncino. We started the wedding process with Marco just over 18 months ago and it was an absolute pleasure from start to finish. He and his staff are the most incredible group of people. Ine, who was on hand every day to sort out birthday cakes, car rentals, silly brides who trip over and hurt themselves (oops!), was fantastic and though we didnt meet any of Marco's other staff, I have no doubt they were just as wonderful.

I don't know where to begin with Marco. I miss him already! When we arrived on the Saturday after a long day of travelling, to see him standing there on the terrace with pizza and wine to welcome all us weary travellers, he was like a mirage! He welcomed us all and had a quick chat with the group about the Villa and allowed time for any questions. We had a ball that first night, although we definitely underestimated how much alcohol would be needed! More pizzas ordered from Marco's restaurant Ciao Ciao were wonderful, and ridiculously cheap.

Marco arranged a meeting with us for the following morning, something we thought would take 20 minutes, tops! Forget it! We were with he and Ine, watching the downpour of rain outside worriedly (although Marco assured me the wedding day would be a scorcher - which it was) for a good two and a half hours. They covered EVERY base - even things I, Little Miss Organised, had never thought of! He set up meetings with all of the vendors and we also spoke with Renata (the best caterer in the world, by the way) who had just catered the most delicious breakfast for us and all our guests. We left the meeting with ten times more confidence in Marco and his staff - something we didn't think possible.

Marco helped us to arrange dinner in Ciao Ciao's many nights - our guests are still raving about the quality and the value for the food. He even opened Ciao Ciao's especially for us on the Monday night for a table quiz and karaoke, a night that will live on in all of our memories for a long time to come!

The villa is just stunning, finished to perfection, so comfortable and views to die for. Sure, it's on the expensive end of the scale, but you absolutely get what you pay for. Anyone who had any qualms about the expense before we got there was soon silenced as they were in complete awe of the decor and the setting! Once the rain cleared up on the Tuesday, everyone finally got to enjoy the pool and the sun.

The wedding day itself was just magic, and we have heard it referred to as a fairytale more than once. Sandy and his team arrived right on time to doll everyone up. I'm a stickler for time-keeping myself so was ready to head to the church with Dad in our vintage beetle right on time! Marco was there to escort us, and we arrived at the cathedral at midday on the button! My husband told me afterwards that he couldnt believe how prompt I was! I had requested Your Song for my entrance and it was beyond perfect. The tears were flowing before we even got in the door of the church! Even a lost wedding ring (later recovered outside the church) couldnt dampen our spirits! The ceremony and subsequent photo session in the town square was beautiful to say the least.

Following our photo tour, we arrived back to the villa to find a scene like something out of a film. All our guests on the terrace and around the pool enjoying the subtle tunes from the string quartet and raving about the canapes and prosecco! We were greeted by an imbeccably dressed waiter who congratulated us and presented us with prosecco to get us started!

The reception itself was wonderful, we were constantly pulled aside by guests to tell us how picturesque and utterly perfect the setting was. The food and wine went down an absolute storm, people are still speaking about it! The party that followed will go down in history - note, the mojitos are to die for!

I feel like I'm rambling now, but it truly was just the most perfect day in the most perfect setting and I wish I could do it all over again. I couldn't complain about one thing, and I urge any of you reading this, if you are deliberating over whether to book your wedding at Villa Baroncino, please do it immediately. Hesitate no more, and have full faith in Marco as he is one of the coolest customers I have ever encountered. HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT - take his advice! Marco knows best.

The days that followed the wedding were particularly nice for my husband and I as we could finally relax and stop worrying about what would and wouldn't go wrong on the wedding day. The weather was fab, and friends came from other accommodations in the locality to lounge by the pool and soak up the sun. It really was just perfect.

DO IT!

Thank you Marco and all your team for giving us the absolute wedding of our dreams. In fact, you made it BETTER than the wedding of our dreams!! Please, can we come and do it all again???

Miss you already, VB,

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Dear Marco,

Where do we even begin to thank you for making our Wedding Day and Wedding Week more amazing that we could ever have imagined!

As soon as we first went to look around Villa Baroncino back in June 2009 having seen it on the internet, we instantly knew it was the place we wanted to get married - it had everything we wanted and more - that incredible view, beautifully furnished rooms and most importantly an extremely good Wedding Planner - you! We knew from that day that we were in very good hands!

Throughout the year we spent planning our big day, you and your team were so incredibly organized, you always quickly answered any queries we had and we loved using the online tool - you made the whole process so simple and stress free for us, so thank you!

The wedding week itself was incredible - you were always on hand to solve any issues that came up. The meetings we had in the few days building up to the Wedding day really did put us at ease and just reminded us why we had selected you and Villa Baroncino from the outset. The Wedding Rehearsal really was so useful, again, you were so organized and your attention to detail incredible! We knew everything would run like clockwork the following day...and we were not wrong!

The Wedding day itself was so special! From first thing in the morning until the music stopped at 1:30, everything was perfect!

We must start by thanking the Caterer - they were absolutely outstanding! Everything from the Reception drinks, lovely canapes presentation, the way they were dressed so elegantly, each and every course at dinner, the Wedding cake and so much more - everything was amazing and our guests have not stopped talking about the food since! Please could you pass on our huge thanks to them.

All your suppliers were so great - please can you pass on our sincere thanks to each and every one of them for making our Wedding Day so special!

Finally Marco, thank you! You and all the staff at Romantic Italian Weddings truly pulled out all the stops for us during our Wedding week, for which we are so grateful. Marco, you are extremely good at what you do, you are so organized and your attention to detail is just incredible - we now understand why all the online reviews are so good and we are proud to say our Wedding was with Marco at Villa Baroncino!

Thank you for absolutely everything you did to make our Wedding so perfect! We wish you all the very best in the future, we really hope you continue to do so well!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 30 April 2010

We wanted to let you know what a fantastic week we all had and the most amazing wedding ever. You all worked so so hard throughout the week and made it something we and our guests will never forget.

The Villa itself is so beautiful, spacious and a very lovely place to spend a week, especially for our wedding. The pools and gardens were kept spotless and the apartments were well equipped with what you would need when self catering (although not much of that was done with the free taxi to ciao ciao’s – fantastic). Nothing was ever too much trouble.

The organisation you (Marco) put into everything is totally amazing and you get it right every time. Nello the hairdresser was just superb, I wanted to bring him home! He made me and my girls so welcome on the trial and that was the best cappuccino we had in his salon ever. On the day he couldn’t have done a more sterling job, everyone commented on the hair. It truly was stunning. Our flowers were amazing and looked beautiful, the food was super, no one believed us when we said 8 courses…..and the wedding cake was out of this world.

Alex the DJ is brilliant, you name it, and he’s got it! And our photographs by Stefano are something we will cherish forever. Stefano - thank you.

We would like to say a MASSIVE thank you to everyone who took part in our week and wedding at Villa Baroncino, it was perfect,

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2010

My husband and I have just returned from the most amazing wedding imaginable at Villa Baroncino. We had never visited the area or the villa before our wedding week and needless to say we were a little nervous about what to expect. The minute we drove through the gates and up the grand drive surrounded by glorious gardens our worries disappeared and we were speechless. The location was perfect; lovely views of the lake, breath-taking surroundings and very close to Tuoro. The villa was a tranquil, peaceful getaway; perfect for our wedding and everything we wanted. The rooms were luxurious, spacious and rustic with each room containing a bottle of Villa Baroncino wine to welcome every guest.

Marco Bernasconi was there for us from the beginning; he was at the villa almost every day to ensure everyone was happy and that all needs were catered for; he guided us through every step of our wedding planning and organisation. The expertise and professionalism of Marco and his team were shown throughout the week from the mobile phone he gave to us at the start of our stay ( to ensure we could contact him at any time) to the rehearsal dinner organised at Ciao Ciaos the evening before our wedding. We were wholly impressed, and having spoken to our family and friends after and during the wedding, everyone else felt the same.

The wedding day itself went very smoothly. Monika (one of Marco's lovely assistants) helped to set up the table decorations and ensure everything was ready in the marquee. Monia, my hairstylist, was amazing. Just a short drive from the villa I felt totally relaxed and comfortable with her skills and she did a fantastic job with my hair that got so many compliments! (She even gave me a superb manicure in between!) Once we were ready to go the the church Massimmo came to collect my father and I and took us on the most scenic, peaceful drive to Cortona Cathedral. When we arrived Marco was there to meet us and guide us through the whole process. The wedding went without a flaw- the musicians (string trio) were fabulous and so romantic which continued throughout the aperitifs and created a perfect atmosphere. The food was rustic, simple and typically tuscan. Renata, our fantastic caterer, ensured that we were well-fed and ... after never-ending courses we enjoyed our gorgeous wedding cake. Alex, the dj, played the tunes we wanted and we danced until the early hours. A perfect day.

We have nothing negative to say about our week in Italy. Everything went like a dream mainly due to all the assistance we had from Marco and his team. Villa Baroncino is so idyllic, I would challenge anyone who said otherwise.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends