“Relaxing weekend getaway”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bobcaygeon
Toronto, Canada
“Relaxing weekend getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

My boyfriend and I just stayed at the Bobcaygeon Inn for 3 nights during Family Day long weekend. We stayed in room #5 which had a great view of the river from the bedroom and bathroom. There was a nice flat screen tv, gas fireplace, and hardwood floors, as well as a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The room was very clean and pretty, the hallways were a little dark, but we like the charm of older buildings. It was very quiet, it was like we had the place to ourselves. The owners and staff are very nice, we had dinner at the restaurant the second night and the food was great! We got there kind of late, and they were about to close but they were nice enough to stay and make us dinner anyway. They also gave us advise on other places to eat, we had breakfast at a diner across the street the first morning, and dinner at embers grill house. The second day we had breakfast at Macdoo's. It is only a few minutes to walk downtown to all the restaurants and shops. Apparently it is very slow in the winter so there are not too many places open, or they close early.
If you are super fussy and want a 5 star resort, go somewhere else and you will pay alot more. But if you want an affordable, cozy, relaxing place to stay this is a great choice. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kim S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Nanaimo, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

Not sure what happened but I've seen this before with poor Trip Advisor reviews. My negative reviews and others have been replaced with positive reviews. In June 2012 I went here with a friend to have lunch on the patio. On the positive side the view on the patio was terrific and the service we received from our waitress was prompt and very friendly. However the food was terrible and over priced. I had the perch and chips. It tasted like microwaved Captain Highliner. As I stated previously we should have stuck with the beer and skipped the food.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jakobj

Travellers are raving about these Bobcaygeon hotels

Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

I recently stayed at the Inn the weekend of July 20th for 2 nights – came in from Nova Scotia as we were attending a relative’s wedding in Buckhorn. This was one of the closest hotels/inns we could find. There were 5 of us and we booked 3 rooms - the other 2 rooms were nicer then room #15. As many of the reviews have noted; the owners do like their drink and are very rude; especially the man. I wanted to book a manicure and there is a link on their website to the salon attached to the inn but there is no separate number. I called to book an appointment not realizing I was calling the inn and the owner quite rudely said to me “did you not just call?” .. I mentioned I was trying to book an appointment … he gave me the number and slammed the phone in my ear making a snotty comment like “well, I would not post my neighbour’s number on my website” … The bed was rock hard and there was an incredible amount of dust; especially on the window coverings with a moth covered in so much dust – wondered how long it had been there!?!?! The shower was so small you could barely turn around with a curtain too short so water went everywhere on the floor after showering! I would probably not stay at the Inn again however; the area is so beautiful ... I would look into a bed and breakfast next time.

Room Tip: Do not book room 15
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SillyGirl4u
Grimsby, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Reasonable pricing, overlooking the water, restaurant/patio on water and very nice (recently redone) rooms. Friendly staff, friendly place, no regrets.

Room Tip: ask for waterview and, if mid-week, they may negotiate the room rate.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Garry D
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

What can I say... reading some of these reviews had me shaking in my boots after booking rooms for 15 ladies to celebrate our dear friend's BIG 6-0. When she arrived she was totally surprised in the bar, and we enjoyed some cocktails before going to our rooms. We were pleasantly surprised... nice rooms, with a quaint 'OLDE INN' feel, overlooking the trent canal - each one different, with it's own 'personality'... we walked over to BIGLEY'S Shoe/Clothing/Bathing Suit shops and worked up an appetite... such a beautiful town Bobcaygeon is, and the Inn is in a great location. Liz and Keith asked us if wanted the separate dining room, which was great - we could shut the doors and play our choice of CD's to get us in the party mood. Dinner was great ! I had steak, and it was done to perfection. We went back to room #20 to party the night away. Liz and Keith were great hosts, more than accommodating, and I'd definitely stay here again. Give them a chance... you'll be glad you did!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Gia625
Kingston, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at this Inn for my birthday weekend last year. I will admit, the pictures are slightly deceiving as I think they were taken several years ago. This corridors of the Inn were not the most modern but it still has a very lovely small town charm. The rooms have all been recently redone and they were all just gorgeous. Very modern and not at all like to hallways. We got a room that had a separate sitting area and a terrific view of the water.

We didn't actually eat that the on site pub as it was quite busy, but the staff was very helpful in recommending places in town to eat. From the Inn it is only a five minute walk to get to the main street where there are so many wonderful stores, restaurants, and charming people. The Kawartha Dairy is a 5 minute walk in the other direction but well worth the extra steps. Always busy throughout the day, but a great place to walk to for dessert after a lovely dinner.

I must warn you. If you are looking for a state of the art Inn that caters to your every whim, in a town with 5 star restaurants and world class shopping, Bobcaygeon is not for you. But if you are looking for a cozy, relaxed atmosphere in your accommodations, in a sleepy, small town with quaint diner style restaurants and unique shopping, then you will be very much at home in Bobcaygeon. My husband and I loved this relaxed small town so much, we now have standing annual reservations at the Bobcaygeon Inn every July!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the roadside with a view of the bridge. The rooms are much cooler as the sun rises...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Located in beautiful Bobcaygeon, Ontario, this Inn is a basic venue situated in the heart of the town. The prices are middle-of-the-road, as is the service, the rooms and the food at the in-house restaurant (pub-style fare). Suggest taking a 5 minute stroll down Main St. to find much better food options.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverview room.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank revolushun
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bobcaygeon
Days Inn and Suites Lindsay
#1 of 8 in Bobcaygeon
Westwind Inn
Westwind Inn
#1 of 1 in Buckhorn

Been to Bobcaygeon Inn & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!