Bobcaygeon Inn & Conference Centre
New Rockland Motel(Bobcaygeon)(Great Value!)
US$114
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The Inn has the potential to be great if the right owners dump some money into it. My husband and I stayed there last night when we were in town for a wedding. Everything is run down. The whole place needs a power wash on the outside and the inside is worse. The bed felt like we were sleeping on a box spring that had a light pad on time. The shower sprayed the ceiling. The soaker tub and fireplace were supposed to be features of our room the the fireplace was surrounded by plywood and the tub was surrounded by old gross out of date pink tiles that had holes in it. There were stains on the bedspread, half the room had indoor outdoor carpet the other half was hardwood. Just terrible!! We paid $165 for the night and we could have had a gorgeous room downtown Toronto for that price. Way over priced for a small town and a dated inn. Stains on the hallway carpets omg I could go on. The patio from their bar and grill was really nice but again totally needed a good wash down, spiders everywhere and service was terrible. I know it's a small town but would it be too much to ask for their staff to dress a little professional and bring more then one drink at a time to the table??? What a terrible experience. We were really looking forward to a night away and it was ruined.

Room Tip: water view is nice
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank harmony m
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was quite the experience. The outside patio is a great place, cool, by the river. It should be hopping with people. The place is tired, shabby, dirty and the owners are brutally rude and seem to be drunk all the time.
I understand the place is up for sale. Hopefully the new owners, when/if they buy, will give the place a complete overhaul and give this lovely old building the treatment it deserves.
it's in a gem of a location, but you have been warned.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary H
Reviewed 5 June 2013

... simply rotten. First impression, when crossing the verandah to the registration, there were 3 chairs, originally white but now dirty. Plus an ash tray which had not been cleaned for weeks. The whole place is desperately in need of maintenance.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank HerbertWien
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My boyfriend and I just stayed at the Bobcaygeon Inn for 3 nights during Family Day long weekend. We stayed in room #5 which had a great view of the river from the bedroom and bathroom. There was a nice flat screen tv, gas fireplace, and hardwood floors, as well as a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The room was very clean and pretty, the hallways were a little dark, but we like the charm of older buildings. It was very quiet, it was like we had the place to ourselves. The owners and staff are very nice, we had dinner at the restaurant the second night and the food was great! We got there kind of late, and they were about to close but they were nice enough to stay and make us dinner anyway. They also gave us advise on other places to eat, we had breakfast at a diner across the street the first morning, and dinner at embers grill house. The second day we had breakfast at Macdoo's. It is only a few minutes to walk downtown to all the restaurants and shops. Apparently it is very slow in the winter so there are not too many places open, or they close early.
If you are super fussy and want a 5 star resort, go somewhere else and you will pay alot more. But if you want an affordable, cozy, relaxing place to stay this is a great choice. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kim S
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Not sure what happened but I've seen this before with poor Trip Advisor reviews. My negative reviews and others have been replaced with positive reviews. In June 2012 I went here with a friend to have lunch on the patio. On the positive side the view on the patio was terrific and the service we received from our waitress was prompt and very friendly. However the food was terrible and over priced. I had the perch and chips. It tasted like microwaved Captain Highliner. As I stated previously we should have stuck with the beer and skipped the food.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends