“lovely stay in Port Perry”
Review of B & B On The Ranch

B & B On The Ranch
Ranked #3 of 7 Port Perry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I had a great time staying at B&B On the Ranch. Just minutes from downtown Port Perry, it is on the island with great views. Barbara is a delightful host, friendly, but respecting your privacy. Great breakfast and warm hostess, with great stories to tell. I'd stay there again. Slept really well on comfortable bed. My room had access to a patio but weather was cold and rainy so I didn't take advantage of that, but it would be nice in the summer. At first, looking at the map I thought this B&B might be too far out of town, but it is a 5 minute drive to the shops on Queen St. Price was great too. Good value for great service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for B & B On The Ranch

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed in the barn. The wood walls, floors and ceiling give it a rustic look and the cozy spaciousness make it easy to chill out and relax. The view was amazing, overlooking the farm and horses. The town and lake are close by and there is lots to do in the area. The hostess, Barbara, was very accommodating and went above and beyond to be helpful when we lost our car keys. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. We visited the horses and Barbara educated us with her vast knowledge of them. She is a wonderful story teller and we shared many laughs. I would recommend this place to anyone and hope to return here someday. Thanks Barbara for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: The Loft is definitely a first choice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I were going to be in Port Perry for the weekend and we chose B&B On The Ranch as our accommodations. The owner Barb greeted us and welcomed us in to her home upon arrival. The B&B is right on Highway 7a and is easy to access but it is a very busy road.
The entire upper floor of the house and loft in the barn are for guests use. The beds in our room (twin room) were comfortable and we were fortunate that the other room in the house that shared the washroom with ours was empty.
Breakfast was a started with a nice fruit and yogurt bowl and then we were served peameal bacon and an omelet. Breakfast was more than enough to last us till dinner.
Barb keeps a clean house and we had no complaints with our accommodations. My wife’s only disappointment was the weather was overcast and rainy on the Saturday which stopped her from seeing the horses and ranch.
We can recommend B&B on the Ranch, the prices are good and our hostess was more than accommodating. Now if only we could get the weatherman to cooperate next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChrisfromTO
Reviewed 27 May 2013

What a warm welcome we had from Barbara, such a wonderful, thoughtful hostess....This lady is amazing!
We slept in the Garden Room which had a very cosy queen sized bed, a spectacular view and a walk out to the patio. Every effort had been made to accomodate us and make our stay special.
In the evening we had the 'Ranch' to ourselves while Barb visited another guest/friend who was staying on the property at "The Barn" with her six 'agility' dogs; competing that May 24th week-end in an agility trial.
Breakfast was delicious, Barb is a great cook and great company!

We visited with the horses and saw "The Barn". So unique and a must for our next trip to Port Perry.
The location is great, five minutes from downtown and all the wonderful shops and restaurants.
We'll definitely be back!!!
"The Ranch" is on our favourite list!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Derryl M
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Barbara, the hostess, has made her home into much more than a b and b. I stayed here for a week while completing a student work experience week at a local vet clinic, <5min away in town. The ranch is lovely, views are fantastic, and there is lots to do! Not to mention the fabulous breakfasts. The Garden Room was lovely, a picture every morning from the window. The self-contained apartment in the barn also looked lovely, and I'd love to stay there in warmer weather. Barbara was very welcoming, giving me the right amount of companionship and fun while allowing me privacy to study as needed. Very generous with sharing all the facilities of the house, and allowing me to bring back lunch and dinner and eat with her rather than alone. Overall amazing experience, I hope to someday make it back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Tarnia_elf
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Beautiful place to stay, whether your from around town or far away. Wonderful hostess, always felt comfortable. Coming back soon. "Little bit of heaven with a wild side" the view is absolutely spectacular and the country is so unbelievably relaxing. Every single one of our needs were met and I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 1 March 2013

The ranch is beautiful, lots to do! Interacted with the horses, and felt extremely welcome! Fireplace was so cozy, loved the queen sized bed, so comfortable. The room was lovely. Overall amazing experience, I will definitely be going back again, many times.

• Stayed: February 2013
Quality Suites
#2 of 7 in Whitby
Knights Inn Lindsay
#5 of 6 in Lindsay

Been to B & B On The Ranch? Share your experiences!