“Great view, but lack of trails”

Dorset Scenic Lookout Tower
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Dorset
Kitchener, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great view, but lack of trails”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is second time in 3 years I have visited. Great view on the top of the tower during Oct 1st Week to thanks giving. I parked the car in the base and paid $2.00 only. Only 0.8 Km one way. I prefer more hiking. Anyway, good to go during falls color drive.

Mississauga, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fall color experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

We had great view of fall color in Algonquin highlands area from this place.The tower was easy reach through car. The tower had good enough height to see the entire area.

Note : The tower doesn't have any maximum occupancy limit and I think it should be there considering the safety of the tower.

Newcastle, Canada
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Great Views of Lake of Bays and Muskoka and Haliburton Highlands”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I've climbed the tower more than once and the views summer and fall are always spectacular. I recall my most recent visit in the fall of 2012 the entrance fee was $3 for myself and my Motorcycle...can't recall if a car was more!

Visited November 2012
Toronto, Canada
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Great Fall Colours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Great view of the colours during this time of year. Worth the drive up from the city.

Note: There is a parking fee for this adventure if you park at the base of the tower.

Victoria, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“safe, but scary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

The view from the tower hill is spectacular, especially this time of year with the Fall colours out. The fire tower is inviting, but scary for me as I don't care for heights. The tower climb is perfectly safe. I stayed on the first level and held my wife's cane for her as she scampered up two more levels. The views are awesome and I would definitely recommend visiting this beautiful site.

Visited September 2013