Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
Swan Hotel(Almondsbury)
1,332 results
All reviewsexecutive roomhealth clubcity centrechanging roomsbar and restauranton the small sidereception stafffamily roomwould stay againleisure facilitiesmars barbreakfast was excellentone night staybusiness hotelevening mealtrouser pressmain course
FilterAll languages

Stayed here when attending a 80th Birthday party in Bristol. 12th July
Excellent room for myself and my daughter .Clean ,spacious and no noise at night in the corridors even though the hotel was full.( 2 weddings and rugby tour)
Fantastic breakfast and lovely atmosphere here.
Yes we will go back when we need to be in Bristol again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hayley27
Raphael H, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post us your comments following your stay at the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton.

I am delighted to read that you and your daughter found your room to be excellent and that you enjoyed your breakfast experience. It’s also great to read that you found the atmosphere in the hotel to be lovely during your stay.

Once again, thank you for reviewing your one night stay with us. I do hope that you had a great time celebrating at the 80th birthday party you were attending and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton the next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Clean, comfortable and spacious family room overlooking a lake. Even saw herons fishing.

Children's beds were not made up on arrival but dealt someone from housekeeping was sent within 10 minutes and made them up.

Reception and housekeeping staff friendly and helpful.

Lots of parking but don't forget to get your ticket stamped at Reception before going out!

Room Tip: Lake view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa T

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback following your recent stay with us.

It’s great to read that you had a great stay with us and would recommend future travellers to choose our hotel. Please allow me to apologise that the children’s beds were not made up on arrival, however I am pleased to read that this was resolved quickly for you. I am also pleased that you found the team to be friendly and helpful.

Thank you once again for your review and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I use many different hotels in different parts of the world. The Holiday Inn Filton offers well decorated rooms, nice touches such as tea/coffee and an iron/board. We had an excellent welcome from reception. They couldn't do enough for us when arranging a taxi to the station and even a return booking (and that went well). Well done Nadia! The public areas are clean and varied from a coffee lounge/general comfort area to a Chinese restaurant to a restaurant. They have a good leisure centre too. The food was good with plenty of choice between snacks ands finer dining. The Chinese with a bottle of wine in the lounge on our return at 9.00pm was just the job. Well done Holiday Inn Filton -- overall a really excellent experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank David H
LaraBeechey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton.

I am delighted to read that you found your experience to be excellent. I will ensure that Nadia is recognised for her great service.

Thank you once again for leaving us your feedback, I am sure that your review will be of great use for future travellers and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton in the future.

Lara Beechey

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I am a frequent user of hotels in the UK and NW Europe. I have not stayed in the Holiday Inn at Filton before, but I found it to be a very comfortable place to stay, food was very good bordering on excellent and staff which were terrific ambassadors of the hotel. I generally arrive late in the evening so I did not get change to use any of the facilities, but if the bedrooms and common areas are an example I would expect them to be very good. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Raphael H, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay whilst recently visiting Bristol.

I am delighted that you found the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton a very comfortable place to stay and that you were impressed with our team. I will be sure to let them know that they helped to make your stay very enjoyable.

Once again, thank you for your lovely review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton the next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I've reviewed this hotel before and to be fair found it pretty good. Whether this time was a one off or if there are problems at the hotel I don't know but I think I'll be rethinking where we stay in Bristol in future.

The room we had had the smallest double bed I have ever seen - I mean it was tiny. I should have said something but we were in a rush and were back out as soon as we had checked in. It was only in the night when we found out really how small it was.....

Decided to have a bite to eat and a drink in the bar / restaurant. Went to the bar to be told that my order would be taken at the table. 20 minutes later the same person came over. I ordered a sandwich, a beer and asked whether it would be possible to turn the TV channel over that no-one was watching. Beer arrived after 15 minutes, food arrived after 45 minutes, TV never got turned over as the member of staff forgot after reminding themselves 3 times as they walked past.

There was a wedding on at the hotel that weekend, and perhaps there was an emphasis on that, but I get the feeling it was just a bad weekend.

The rate we paid was £90 for the night which seems a lot for an out of town hotel.

Dunno - will probably look elsewhere in future

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Raphael H, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

I am sorry that your stay was not to our usual standard. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your review in more detail and would be grateful if you could contact me on Bristol@ihg.com with a suitable number at your convenience.

Thank you once again for your constructive feedback and I look forward to hearing from you soon.