“Lovely lunch”

Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Flamborough
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Landlord was very welcoming and provided efficient friendly service, children welcomed. The food was excellent ,very good value for money.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I booked for a party of 7 for Mothers Day, which was also a family members birthday. I booked well in advance and checked the booking a couple of weeks prior to the date to be told it hadn't been entered in the book, but no problem a table would be available at 12.30pm as requested.
On arrival my family were told that they were late and the booking was for 12.15pm and we would have to hurry as our table was booked again at 1.45pm. We were made to feel uncomfortable although the food was lovely and enjoyed by all of us. Luckily we had declined deserts as we wouldn't have had time to eat them as the same member of staff told us that we had kept the next guests waiting for 15 minutes and proceeded to take our drinks from the table. We have eaten many times at the Seabirds but will not be visiting again, her manner spoiled what should have been a special family lunch.

1  Thank DPDN
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We as a family had a meal to celebrate my husbands birthday, we have been to the Seabirds previously and had an excellent meal. Today all I have to say EXCELLENT!! My husband had the fillet steak which was very thick in size, he asked it for medium, but it was slightly underdone (although just as I would have it) I explained to him that he could ask to put back on the griddle, but he said he was enjoying it!! I had the Chicken Melt which was perfect and loved the bbq sauce it was served with! The children had spaghetti bolognese, turkey dinosaurs and cottage pie - all had empty plates so that speaks for it self. Noticed there were negative comments regarding it being expensive mmmmm I think fair price for good quality homemade food, if price is an issue the complainants should be going to the cheap Brid cafes. It is nice that there are an handful of reasonably priced restaurants serving excellent food for special occasions and served by polite and attentive staff!! Definitely recommended!!!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I booked this resurant for a group of friends 12 in all. We meet up once a month for Sunday lunch so we know what we like. The food was very good, with lots of choice. The staff were excellent, very helpful and friendly. No problem with the price it was value for money.
I have reccamended it to another group of friends and am in the process of booking again.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

If you want very good value food, always served piping hot in pleasant surroundings by polite, friendly and very helpful staff, then this is the place.t
This is not a review after a one-off experience - we have been dozens of times, mid-day and evening, and can't fault it.
Since the refurbishment, it's been even better, with the bonus of a civilised system of ordering and paying, not normally found when eating at such value. Just sit at any table, and the staff do the rest, and you pay when you've finished. No irritation of having to note and remember table numbers, or stick numbered spoons in old bottles - it's a restaurant!
The menu choices are good, with some great deals on various days. The Thursday curry and drink deal (including Hobgoblin!) is excellent value.
The hand-pulled Hobgoblin takes some beating, although they do sometimes run out, but what can you expect, with such a popular excellent pint?
Sorry to read the comments from the large parties. We have, in the last few days, eaten there in parties of seven and ten, and it's been just as good as always.
We hope it stays like this - we'll certainly keep coming back Gareth.