Mount St. Paul Estate
Coromandel Colonial Cottages Motel(Coromandel)(Great Value!)
US$104
Hotels.com
Harbour View Motel(Coromandel)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$83
Agoda.com
Coromandel TOP 10 Holiday Park(Coromandel)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$46
Coromandel Court Motel(Coromandel)(Great Value!)
US$107
Anchor Lodge Coromandel(Coromandel)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$53
The Olive Motel(Coromandel)(Great Value!)
US$110
Orbitz.com
Matakana Motel(Matakana)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$115
  • Pool
Snells Beach Motel(Snells Beach)(Great Value!)
US$114
All reviewsgreat barriernew zealandhuge bedglass of winebreathtaking viewsthank you very muchvenisonprofessional chefcomfortable roomamazing foodwonderful placebeautiful islandcourse mealmedlands beachchrismountbedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We are a french couple and after a 2 weeks tour in New Zealand with a small group of 10 people , we wanted a few days for ourselves in a remote area , in order to hike and relax before going back to France. Great barrier and Mount St Paul was proposed by our NZ tour operator and what a great idea! : Hikes are beautiful ( mountains and sea all over) and very few hikers , the atmosphere of the island is quiet and peaceful and the welcome and bedrooms at Mount St paul estate are just fantastic.
If you wish a retreat from stress, if you like nature and whether you wish to hike or just relax on your private terrace in front of georgous panoramas..this is the place! This will remain one of our great memories of NZ ..

Room Tip: A sea view is a must ! the view on the ocean with the 2 terraces is simply amazing...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
MountStPaul, Owner at Mount St. Paul Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We appreciate it very much. Maybe you can visit us again one day.

Hilary and Peter and Ben

Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed at Mt St Paul Estate using an online deal during a long weekend in October so this review is well and truly overdue. I would have loved another couple of days on the Island. It is one of the most tranquil, untouched and welcoming destinations in NZ. I highly recommend getting around the Island as much as you can and taking advantage of the many nature and historical walks.
Our room at the Estate was simply gorgeous. Breathtaking views from our private balcony where we had lunch. A bed so large you could get lost in it - I would love one of my own. Lovely homely breakfasts made to our request. A fun and friendly dog to add to the play. The house itself is beautiful and fits well within the setting of the Estate. It is conveniently located just 5-minutes drive from the airport. Hilary and Peter were very gracious hosts and provided great conversation while also being thoughtful of our own space.
Only minor factor, if you love your cups of tea as I do, was they needed to be requested from the hosts. While Hilary and Peter were very obliging, I didn't want to inconvenience the hosts to make me a cup at whatever time I desired so while only a small factor, it is an element of the service that I think could be reconsidered.
Probably should also note ladies that you can't use your hairdryer at the Estate.
I would love to visit again and absolutely recommend a stay at the Estate to top off a must see NZ destination.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
MountStPaul, Owner at Mount St. Paul Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Hi Angeline,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I was sureprised after such a long time. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The tea and coffee situation is unfortunate as I explained at the time we cannot supply those facilities in the rooms because of the generator but as you are aware we offer tea and coffee whenever required and it is never any trouble for us. Hope you will return and see us one day.
kind regards to you both

Reviewed 14 December 2012

This was the best holiday that I have had for years mainly due to the warmth and hospitality of Hilary and Peter who run the estate. The breakfasts were great and they made us anything that we wanted ( really flexible) they offered to do picnic takeaways for us when we had planned long days out looking at this beautiful island. I have also never slept so well in years. It was such a relaxing and happy time for us. I would highly recommend anyone to enjoy this experience for theirselves.
Wendy coulter

Room Tip: All the rooms here are large, clean and excellent - the ones with the balconies were the best as you can enjoy the sunshine
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
MountStPaul, Owner at Mount St. Paul Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Thank you Wendy for the great review, we really appricate it. Sorry your trip was not longer. Have a safe trip back to the UK.

Hilary and Peter and Ben

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Once again a massive thank you to Hilary and Peter for being such wonderful hosts. Second visit for me and the Mount St. Paul estate and the house and the hosts never fail to impress. How can a morning get any better than opening your patio doors (after a great nights sleep on the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on) onto your own terrace with panoramic views of the ocean and the smell of a traditional cooked breakfast coming up the stairs, heaven! The whole island is a total paradise island and is a must visit. Once again I must say this is the place to stay. I'm counting the days till I'm back again

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
MountStPaul, Owner at Mount St. Paul Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2012

Thank you Mark for your wonderful review. We are glad that the second time was just as good as the first. It was our pleasure. Looking forward to your next time with us, (the lawn needs cutting) ha ha. Thanks again.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

After a slight detour having been too engrossed in the beautiful scenery to miss the rather prominent sign of Mount St Paul Estate we arrived to a warm welcome by Hilary, Peter and Ben, the very friendly dog. The room was exceptionally spacious and the views to die for! Relaxing in the bath listening to the tranquility or waking up and admiring the magnificent panoramic views from our balcony, it was perfect. Hilary and Peter are the perfect hosts, imparting their knowledge of some of the wo aquanderful walks to the windy canyon and hot springs. Cooking a perfect breakfast, especially the sausages none if this chorizo lark you get in many of the Auckland cafe's. And even taking the time to drop us to Earthsong so we could enjoy a glass of wine with dinner.

The only thing that's made this holiday more perfect is my wonderful husband 'to be' proposing....and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful setting than the experience we have had on Great Barrier Island.

Thank you Hilary and Peter for a wonderful stay, we will no doubt be back!

Room Tip: Sea view with a balcony
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
MountStPaul, Owner at Mount St. Paul Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Well what can I say except thank you so much for your kind words
and to wish you both well for your future marriage.