We only stayed here for one night, but it was a very pleasant and unusual hotel.
The rooms are individual 'log style' cabins and we had a massive bed with good quality quilt and pillows, as well as electric blankets and portable oil-filled radiators (it gets cold at nights). The bathroom was clean and spacious and there was plenty of hot water.
We dined in the restaurant and the three-course meal was superb from an extensive menu. While we were eating, we were entertained by a four-piece Andean band who played the guitars, flute, drums and (of course!) the panpipes. :-)
Local craftswomen come into the hotel foyer to sell their hand-made wares, which you can buy for excellent prices. There is also free coca leaf tea on offer in the reception area to help with the symptoms of altitude sickness.
We were up very early in the morning, before dawn, and it was quite something to see the nearby mountains in the glow of first sunlight. Breakfast was the buffet type and it was very good, especially the hot strong Peruvian coffee.
Altogether a memorable stay. :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Andina Classic Colca is located in the Valley of Colca, a 3 hour drive from the city of Arequipa. It is a cozy and rustic hotel built as individual cottages made of stone with strewn paths. Has a fountain located in the central courtyard and a grill area where outdoor lunches can be organized in order to enjoy the sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Andina Standard Colca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Andina Classic - Colca Hotel Chivay
- Casa Andina Standard Colca Chivay, Peru - Colca Canyon