Best Western Plus Stoke on Trent Alsager Manor House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alsager
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed for only one night in very hot weather but room had wide opening windows which helped. Room was excellent. Good size, comfy bed and impressive en suite. Clean and the whole hotel was in tip top condition. Excellent breakfast, buffet but served out by waiter ( portion control presumably). Swimming pool looked good though no chance to use it unfortunately. Also service was good, seemed to be plenty of staff around. Surprised to see it was 3 star, an easy 4 star I would say. Happy to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
BWMH, General Manager at Best Western Plus Stoke on Trent Alsager Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear smanamana_10

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your stay here at BEST WESTERN Manor House Hotel.

I am delighted that in all aspects you found the hotel to be of a high standard and it is particularly pleasing that you experienced such good and efficient customer service.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here for one night with a Groupon voucher after visiting Tatton Park Foodie Festival. Although it was not far from home I am so glad we stayed here. What a lovely place. The young man on reception is a credit to the hotel, very polite and smart. The whole place was very clean and we could not fault the bedroom and bathroom at all, spotless. Well done housekeeping!! It was nice to have 2 mirrors in the bathroom which were well lit and one was adjustable. Having snacked all day at the festival, we only needed a light meal in the evening and can recommend the Caesar Salad, very tasty. Breakfast was well worth waiting for, the only criticism would be the toaster, which was rather confusing to many of the guests and took a long time when you are waiting with your plated breakfast. Would suggest that toast is served by the staff when you are seated and if anymore is required, then the guests go and play with the toaster!!
All the staff in the hotel are very polite and very smartly dressed. Well done Best Western!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear woowar2712

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us at BEST WESTERN Manor House Hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed the hotel and pleased that you found our staff polite in manner and smart-looking. Thank you for your feedback on breakfast - staff do normally toast bread to order and bring it fresh-toasted to the table. However when we have a very busy breakfast, the toaster is moved onto the buffet. From our experience this makes the breakfast service more efficient for guests and also gives staff more time in the dining room to attend to customers.

It is worth mentioning that all 280 Best Western-branded hotels in the UK are independently owned and operated. As such your feedback is a credit to our hotel, however I am sure Best Western would be very pleased to have one of its member hotels receive such a glowing review.

I hope you enjoyed your day out at Tatton Park; a wonderful place to visit that we have the pleasure of being close to.

Your sincerely

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I booked this hotel at the last minute for a one night overnight stay for business (meeting in Stoke on Trent) after my work appointments changed unexpectedly. I'm a best western rewards member so this probably swayed me slightly (although there are two best westerns in the Stoke radius to choose from). I usually stay at the holiday inn at the m6 junction when I see this client but it was a) v expensive (twice the rate of this hotel) and b) fully booked.

I was very delightfully surprised. It's on the outskirts of the village of Alsager and I arrived via country lanes. The reception staff were delightfully welcoming and clearly local (I asked if I could safely take a run and which way I should go and they we're able to knowledgeably direct me).

The room was well proportioned; decorated in a modern style. The bathroom was small but contemporary with a lovely shower. The wardrobe was big and contained an ironing board and iron as well as plenty of hangers. There was an iPod docking station but it had the old connection not the small new iPod/iPhone one so I couldn't use it with my iphone5. Nice touch though.

The only criticism I have of the room is the acoustics. I was the last room on the block and the room adjoining mine had their TV mounted on the wall. Therefore I could hear EVERYTHING from their TV. And I could hear them. So I assume they could hear me. Which was disconcerting.

Food and drink wise - I had a chicken liver parfait which was insipid and the toast was too toasted but the chicken ceaser salad was as good as any I've had at top London restaurants (but the leaves could have been tossed with the dressing a bit better - there was more dressing at the bottom than at the top. They have some outside areas which are lovely to sit, taking in the last of the sun.

That said at £69 for the night this was absolutely great and 15 mins from Stoke on Trent City centre.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cherryblossomfeet

Dear cherryblossomfeet

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay on business here at the BEST WESTERN Manor House Hotel; I'm pleased you had such an enjoyable stay.

As you point out, we are very close to the M6 and to Stoke and our countryside location is a pleasant and highly convenient alternative for people requiring a hotel in the area.

It sounds like you stayed in the original 17th century farmhouse building. All seven-bedrooms have lots of character and for this reason some guests specifically request them. As with all our bedrooms, they have been recently refurbished and I am sorry that on this occasion you could hear the adjacent room's television. When you next book the hotel - as I hope you will - if you have a room preference please tell us and we will do our best to honour your request.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope you enjoyed the run our staff recommended.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We decided to have a night away just my self and my partner in April as a treat, we wanted a hotel within a hour's drive of home, looking at the budgets chains they were coming out quite expensive.

We have stayed at many Best Western hotels over the years and found this hotel on their site
the price was excellent £55 for one night (room only) the budget chains wanted £70+

I must admit that we were apprehensive about the hotel as some Best Westerns are locked in the 70's, but not this one luckily.

Upon arrival there is a huge car park we made our way in to the hotel
the lobby are reception area are modern bright and really clean.
check is was fast and friendly and told us every thing we needed to know.

The room over looked the road but we didn't have any disturbance from this at all,the room was of a good size and had a very nice and modern bathroom, the bed was comfy and had all the amenities you would expect, it was also very clean and tidy.

The main a la carte restaurant was closed on the night we stayed for a murder mystery night but the bar was open so we ate in there, the food was a bit pricey but the staff were very friendly and the food was cooked very well.

The location is in a small Village Alsager and can be found 10 mins off the A500 and about 15-20 from the M6

Overall we will stay again and would highly recommend this hotel to other

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor have no steps at all making lugging cases very easy and good access for di...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hotelinspectors2
BWMH, General Manager at Best Western Plus Stoke on Trent Alsager Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear hotelinspectors2

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review of your recent stay here at BEST WESTERN Manor House Hotel.

As with all Best Western hotels we are privately owned, and over the last two-years our owners have undertaken a major refurbishment and renovation programme. The reception was renovated this year and accounts for the modern, bright look you mention when checking in.

I am pleased you found your room comfortable; that you enjoyed dining in our Stables Bar and Grill, and that you were met with friendly staff throughout the hotel. However, as many people read TripAdvisor before booking the hotel, I do have to contradict you on timings from the M6 and A500: we are 10 minutes from the M6 and 5 minutes off the A500 for Stoke or Crewe.

In closing, thank you once again for you review and for recommending the hotel.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here for one night just over a week ago just for a night away from home. The hotel is a bit out of the way on the edge of a smallish town Alsager, not far from Crewe or Newcastle Under Lyme and it is set in lovely gardens and grounds.
The hotel has a nice large car park only a short walk from reception so no lugging of luggage for great distances or up steps. The reception area was nice, airy and light and the staff were very welcoming and friendly. Our room was on the ground floor just behind the reception (103 I think), which looked out onto Audley Road the main road passing by. There was no noise from the traffic though, which was not heavy.
There are lots of places to sit and just chill with a drink or read, some of them outside in nice gardens and settings.
One great plus for us was the swimming pool and sauna, which was great on such a hot day.
We did not eat an evening meal here but the breakfast the next day was very good. I found there was no much difference in the prices from the bar menu and the Ostler restaurant menu, I thought them rather pricey.
The room was clean and tidy and the bed was comfortable.
Everything about the place made us feel relaxed and chilled and on leaving we wished we had now booked an extra night.
The hotel does cater for lots of functions such as Christmas and new Year parties.
I think we will definitely return here again some time in the near future.

Dear Didimers

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay here at BEST WESTERN Manor House Hotel.

You obviously made the most of the hotel and the recent warm weather has meant that guests have been able to enjoy the sunshine in our garden and courtyard areas. The swimming pool has also proved very popular in recent weeks, and, despite being heated, remains - as you yourself found - a relaxing place to cool down.

It's nice to know you left the hotel feeling chilled and relaxed - my idea of the perfect break - and I do hope you stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We booked this hotel for 2 nights as it was not very far from a family wedding venue. Minor problem on arrival - we had booked a twin room, but were allocated a double; however, within 5 minutes we were allocated a twin room. The room was large and comfortable (though the bed was squeaky!). We often book Best Western as we know the standard of hotel it will be, this hotel came up to our expectations and beyond. We didn't use the pool (had no swimsuits!!), but we dined in the restaurant on the 2 nights; the food was beautifully presented and tasted divine. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Dear Michael C

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at BEST WESTERN Manor House Hotel - I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and also that you found our staff friendly and helpful.

The Ostler Restaurant has had an excellent reputation for many, many years and I am delighted that you enjoyed the food on both of the nights you dined.

I'm pleased too that Reception were able to quickly resolve your room booking at check-in.

Jayne Chapman

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alsager
6 mi away
#1 of 1 in Barthomley
Wychwood Park Hotel
Wychwood Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Weston

Been to Best Western Plus Stoke on Trent Alsager Manor House Hotel? Share your experiences!