BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke on Trent Alsager Manor House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alsager
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Booked for one night with my disabled wife. Great disabled room. All parts of the hotel are fine for a wheelchair person. Two exceptions. The fore court and outside the pub. Only needs a ramp or drop the pavement. Meals were great and a good price. The staff were great. There is no airconditioning so if its a hot day it can feel a bit sticky. Over all i would stay here again. Plenty of pubs in alsager just a short walk.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Hampton1958
BWMH, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke on Trent Alsager Manor House Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Hampton 1958

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay with us.

I'm pleased the room design and accessibility into and throughout the hotel met your needs, and thank you for your feedback regarding the Stables Bar courtyard and the garden.

I'm also delighted that you left the hotel with such a good impression of our staff.

Jayne Chapman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I was booked into this hotel with work - I wasn't looking forward to it as I'm not a lover of Best Western chain. They are generally not great and very dated.
What a surprise i had here - hotel has been re-furbed. I had an executive room, huge room, his and hers sink and a spa/whirlpool bath in my room.
Food and Stables bar area was also great, food was both reasonable in price but great quality.
This hotel certainly goes against the usual Best Western standards - modern, bright, spacious and clean. I didn't use the swimming pool on this occasion but it did look good.
Staff were efficient and friendly and my needs were looked after well.
I shall definitely be hoping to book in here again.

Room Tip: Executive room seems to be one of the best
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jane d
Dear Jane d

I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay and that we had the opportunity to surprise and impress you.

Best Western is a membership organisation and comprises a chain of privately owned and operated hotels. Our owners have invested a lot into the business over the past two-years: refurbishment to all 57-bedrooms was completed in 2013 whilst renovation to the public areas and gardens was completed in April of this year.

I am pleased you enjoyed the food in our Stables Bar and also that you were well looked after by our our staff; "friendly"and "efficient" are two words mentioned in lots of reviews and it is gratifying to see these qualities recognised by so many customers, so thank you.

To ensure work books you into the hotel again, reservations can be made with us direct 24/7.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Purchased as a Groupon deal so wasn't sure what we'd be getting for £39 a night but have to stay I was pleasantly surprised! Rooms were beautifully decorated & most importantly clean. We ate in the Bar/Grill in the evening, food was well presented & great children's menu also for our 3 children. Lovely atmosphere in there too. Breakfast was also delicious. We used the swimming pool which was just a nice size. All in all a lovely hotel & in an ideal location; 25 min drive to Alton Towers & couple miles from motorway!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Italiangirlie
Dear Italiangirlie

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay here at BEST WESTERN Manor House Hotel.

I am delighted that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and I hope you all had fun at Alton Towers.

We recently received an award from Visit Britain for the choice we offer at breakfast and I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed yours.

tass99onhols
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We took advantage of a groupon deal, and so glad we did.. The hotel has recently tastefully been renovated, but not loosing it's character. Arriving in a spacious car-park, then entering the hotel it's openness and cleanliness is striking, all the hotel staff are friendly and efficient. Made us feel welcome.. Thank you .. Our room was welcoming, we could not think of anything that could of made it more comfortable . We had a lovely evening meal in the Stables Bar. Later a pot of tea in the reception area. A good nights sleep,followed with a very satisfying breakfast,self service which we do prefer, one of us opted for the hot option whilst the other enjoyed the cold continental.
We will be returning , and would recommend a stay.
Our only criticism would be the chilly ness of the breakfast room the windows were open and the air conditioning was running too the weather previous to our stay had been very hot ,but it was not the case during our stay ,we were not the only people to feel uncomfortable , as we chatted to others at their tables, Very interesting room,looks as if it's the original part of the hotel, (farm).

Room Tip: We stayed in 211 . And did Not have a problem with this room ... It has no view , but no need to sit...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear tass99

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay here - it sounds like you had a very relaxing and enjoyable time.

The restaurant where you sat down to breakfast, and the downstairs Stables Bar where you dined the night before, do indeed sit in the original 17th century farmhouse from which the hotel extends.

I am pleased you enjoyed breakfast and the next time we have a hot spell we'll keep an eye on the air-conditioning in the restaurant; we would have switched it off if we had known some guests were feeling cold.

Thank you once again for your review and also for recommending us.

cornwall
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed for only one night in very hot weather but room had wide opening windows which helped. Room was excellent. Good size, comfy bed and impressive en suite. Clean and the whole hotel was in tip top condition. Excellent breakfast, buffet but served out by waiter ( portion control presumably). Swimming pool looked good though no chance to use it unfortunately. Also service was good, seemed to be plenty of staff around. Surprised to see it was 3 star, an easy 4 star I would say. Happy to stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear smanamana_10

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your stay here at BEST WESTERN Manor House Hotel.

I am delighted that in all aspects you found the hotel to be of a high standard and it is particularly pleasing that you experienced such good and efficient customer service.

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here for one night with a Groupon voucher after visiting Tatton Park Foodie Festival. Although it was not far from home I am so glad we stayed here. What a lovely place. The young man on reception is a credit to the hotel, very polite and smart. The whole place was very clean and we could not fault the bedroom and bathroom at all, spotless. Well done housekeeping!! It was nice to have 2 mirrors in the bathroom which were well lit and one was adjustable. Having snacked all day at the festival, we only needed a light meal in the evening and can recommend the Caesar Salad, very tasty. Breakfast was well worth waiting for, the only criticism would be the toaster, which was rather confusing to many of the guests and took a long time when you are waiting with your plated breakfast. Would suggest that toast is served by the staff when you are seated and if anymore is required, then the guests go and play with the toaster!!
All the staff in the hotel are very polite and very smartly dressed. Well done Best Western!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear woowar2712

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us at BEST WESTERN Manor House Hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed the hotel and pleased that you found our staff polite in manner and smart-looking. Thank you for your feedback on breakfast - staff do normally toast bread to order and bring it fresh-toasted to the table. However when we have a very busy breakfast, the toaster is moved onto the buffet. From our experience this makes the breakfast service more efficient for guests and also gives staff more time in the dining room to attend to customers.

It is worth mentioning that all 280 Best Western-branded hotels in the UK are independently owned and operated. As such your feedback is a credit to our hotel, however I am sure Best Western would be very pleased to have one of its member hotels receive such a glowing review.

I hope you enjoyed your day out at Tatton Park; a wonderful place to visit that we have the pleasure of being close to.

Your sincerely

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I booked this hotel at the last minute for a one night overnight stay for business (meeting in Stoke on Trent) after my work appointments changed unexpectedly. I'm a best western rewards member so this probably swayed me slightly (although there are two best westerns in the Stoke radius to choose from). I usually stay at the holiday inn at the m6 junction when I see this client but it was a) v expensive (twice the rate of this hotel) and b) fully booked.

I was very delightfully surprised. It's on the outskirts of the village of Alsager and I arrived via country lanes. The reception staff were delightfully welcoming and clearly local (I asked if I could safely take a run and which way I should go and they we're able to knowledgeably direct me).

The room was well proportioned; decorated in a modern style. The bathroom was small but contemporary with a lovely shower. The wardrobe was big and contained an ironing board and iron as well as plenty of hangers. There was an iPod docking station but it had the old connection not the small new iPod/iPhone one so I couldn't use it with my iphone5. Nice touch though.

The only criticism I have of the room is the acoustics. I was the last room on the block and the room adjoining mine had their TV mounted on the wall. Therefore I could hear EVERYTHING from their TV. And I could hear them. So I assume they could hear me. Which was disconcerting.

Food and drink wise - I had a chicken liver parfait which was insipid and the toast was too toasted but the chicken ceaser salad was as good as any I've had at top London restaurants (but the leaves could have been tossed with the dressing a bit better - there was more dressing at the bottom than at the top. They have some outside areas which are lovely to sit, taking in the last of the sun.

That said at £69 for the night this was absolutely great and 15 mins from Stoke on Trent City centre.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cherryblossomfeet
Dear cherryblossomfeet

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay on business here at the BEST WESTERN Manor House Hotel; I'm pleased you had such an enjoyable stay.

As you point out, we are very close to the M6 and to Stoke and our countryside location is a pleasant and highly convenient alternative for people requiring a hotel in the area.

It sounds like you stayed in the original 17th century farmhouse building. All seven-bedrooms have lots of character and for this reason some guests specifically request them. As with all our bedrooms, they have been recently refurbished and I am sorry that on this occasion you could hear the adjacent room's television. When you next book the hotel - as I hope you will - if you have a room preference please tell us and we will do our best to honour your request.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope you enjoyed the run our staff recommended.

Jayne Chapman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alsager
Best Western Plus Stoke on Trent Moat House
The Alexandra Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Congleton
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Premier Inn Stoke-On-Trent (Hanley) Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke on Trent Alsager Manor House Hotel? Share your experiences!