“Lucca will treat you like family”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lido di Ostia
Stella Maris Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 22 Lido di Ostia B&B and Inns
Sierra Madre, California
“Lucca will treat you like family”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I arrived in Rome around 10:30 pm at FCO and wanted to stay in the seaside town of Lido di Ostia. The owner Lucca arranged to pick me up and drive me in his large van back to the B&B which is located in a clean, friendly neighborhood 2 blocks from the beach. The apartment sits on the 2nd floor and offers good views and a cheery atmosphere. Breakfast is a generous undertaking and all the groceries, danish pastries, fruits, yoghurts, warm breads and cheeses are high quality and presented beautifully in a breakfast salon shared by other guests.

The owners are most courteous and speak English and other languages very well. I would happily return to this location and appreciate their extra assistance with my musical instruments which I rented for a concert near Rome. When I needed to head back to the airport and meet my band, Lucca asked me if I needed additional help and was so accommodating. I felt I was able to meet a special Italian couple who really enjoys the art of hospitality. The wifi service is free, rooms are good and the bathrooms are clean. There is excellent transportation into Rome by taking either the bus or train from the Lido di Ostia main train station. Plenty of good restaurants are walking distance from this little B&B.

Room Tip: Ask for private room with bathroom and balcony
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tom_Brady_California

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Abeokuta, Ogun, Nigeria
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My flight from Fiumicino was 6:30 am and I was coming from Trieste (about 6 1/2 hrs train ride from Rome) so I decided to sleep over in Rome and near the Fiumicino airport in order to make the flight. I searched for a cheap bed & breakfast and got Stella Maris after reading reviews of other search results. The place lived up to the review I had read. Cheap, neat, and the owner was very nice and hospitable. I felt very safe too. The owner even dropped me off at a nearby restaurant when I told him I had to eat and he was closing.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Adedamola S
Charles, WV
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My brother was flying out from Rome so he needed an overnight accommodation that was nice but close enough to the airport. I booked and paid for him and we were not disappointed. The owners and managers are so nice and supportive. My brother arrived way past the check in time and they still waited for him. They offered to pick him up at the metro and even dropped him off at a restaurant to eat. Very nice and accommodating folks. Their accommodation, according to my brother, is a place I need to stay when I go to visit Rome.Very nice an classy. I definitely plan on staying with them and recommending them to others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Simply stunning!
The resort itself was average but the accommodation made the break amazing! The walk from the Metro station to the B&B in the midday heat was exhausting but as soon as we arrived we were offered cold drinks and ice cream before we even checked ourselves in!
Our hosts were simply lovely, the breakfast was great quality and they made something fresh for us everyday.
One day during our stay, both me and my friend didn't feel very well but the apartment had enough to keep us occupied the whole time. I don't know if all of the rooms had a balcony but we did and it was invaluable: a lovely private spot to sit and read and soak up the sounds and smells of coastal Italy!
The main door to the B&B was a bit stiff which made it difficult to obey the "silence in public areas after 10pm" rule but apart from that, the facilities and service were second to none.
I cannot recommend this place highly enough :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alex B
Dover, Sonderjylland, Denmark
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed for 3 nights, great breakfast, clean and very nice rooms, we loved the fridge in the room, the host is very kind, we even got picked up by the metro :-) +++
if you stay at this b&b you feel welcome from first day.
if we come around Rom again, we gonna stay here again.
Thank you.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Tom R
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Family-feeling! We enjoyed very much our stay at Stella Maris in Ostia! Very near the beach and free entrance to beach. The host Ilaria is so very nice! The rooms were very nice, like home! We went back after a week. We will return next year!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Kerstin E
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This marvelous BB is situated in front of the sea, just 1 minute to the beach, The hosts are great! The were so hospitable as you only can imagine. They take too litle money for being so kind and nice to you. Every room is being cleaned every day and the breakfast is great! Want to recommend to my friend to go there just to get to know, how the real hospitality looks like.
For sure will come back with lots of friends.
With all the sincere feelings to the owners. Irina

Room Tip: Every room is great! But the one with breakfast is the best!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Hotel Bellavista
#4 of 7 in Lido di Ostia
Hotel La Riva
#5 of 7 in Lido di Ostia

Been to Stella Maris Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!