“Interesting!”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Marino
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Interesting!”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We booked here through expedia as we were flying back from Rome and needed a hotel near to the airport. Well there are not many too choose from!

I can only describe this as a Formula 1 or Travel Lodge trying to be something it is not!

My room (312) stunk of cigarette smoke, it was a small room with a hardboard bed, a shower cubicle suitable for 2 year olds. The staff were very good and seemed friendly, the restaurant was ok. Food was acceptable, plain and not fancy, ok!

Great value hotel, there is no competition and they know it!

Trying to find it, get SatNav is our advice!

Room Tip: Stay out of town!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 April 2011

1. Worst location
In the middle of nowhere, it is located near the airport, but still far from Rome. You have to take a bus and a metro or a train directly to the Rome termini station
2. Worst service
The staffs are not very welcome at all, especially the receptionist. very, very, very rude.. and not helping at all..
3. Worst breakfast
The same thing over and over again..
4. Worst room
Smelly, the air conditioning wasn't working especially the bathroom condition. the draining wasn't working properly so there was flood every time we finished shower.

So the conclusion is THE WORST HOTEL EVER..

Don't let the cheap price fooled you, it is cheap because they have NO QUALITY AT ALL..

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mae_SM

Travellers are raving about these Marino hotels

Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 8 December 2010

We were sent to this hotel by our airline (Ryanair Europe) when our flight was cancelled. The entrance hall was bright and clean looking. Don't be fooled however as this is just a cover for what's awaiting in your room. The first room we were given was in the basement. It looked clean but we noticed some discrete little critters crawling on the floor as we entered. One of them I had accidentally stepped on and it look liked a crunched cockroach, but as I never saw one live in my life before and given it's state, I couldn't be sure. I didn't take a chance as my 13 year old daughter was quite concerned about the insect and asked for a second room. The front deck clerck had no reaction when I suggested there were insects in the room and after I insisted to get another room on an upper floor, he realigned his reservations and gave us a room on the 3rd floor (which really is the level just above the ground level). After checking the room promptly as I turned the lights on and doing a visual inspection including in the bathroom (I wasn't brave enough however to open drawers or closet doors), we moved to inspect the beds. The first one was fine but when I opened the sheets of the secon one, a huge cockroach came "flying" out of there, crawling under the bed faster than anyother bug I saw before. I had seen cockroaches on tv and online before and therer no longer was an ydoubt in my mind that this is exactly what it was. My daughter was terrorized, crying and shaking with fear. We litterally ran to the front desk to complain about the presence of cockroaches int he room and again, the front desk clerk offered no reaction whatsoever, no denying or surprise, he simply answered that they were fully booked. A women in the waiting area came to talk to us an ackowledged what we had encountered, indicating she and her husband had been stuck there for 3 days. Well let me tell you we didn't stick around for 3 seconds after that. We grabbed the first taxi we saw and asked to be driven right back to the center of Roma. This was a very traumatizing experience to both my daughter and I and will shadow our beautiful memories of our stay in Roma. Shame on you One Park Hotel! I sincerely wish that the health department comes and shut you down.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Gatineau9249
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 14 October 2010

We arrived after a wonderful trip in Rome to a location that on the website stated that the hotel was a FEW metres from the Velletri train line and let me tell everyone who reads this that it was definately NOT!!!!!!!.
It was so badly sign posted that we ended up in a town that actually scared us,and even asking locals,they could not point us in the right direction,but we eventually found it by walking up a very dark and lonely road and if i had been on my own, as a girl i would have been totally scared..
The staff-well one guy at the desk was rude and it was like a favour to answer any question we had. The taxi to the airport was a rip off at 25 euro when it only costs a set rate of 30 euro from the centre of ROME and this hotel is ONLY 10 MINS from the airport.!!!!!
So all in all a very mad choice if you think it will be good ,believe me there are better budget hotels out there.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank passagestpriest
Aussie in U.K
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Booked a twin with balcony and pool views, got a tiny tiny double with no balcony because apparently the hotel has no balconies ( false advertisement!)
Receptonist very unhelpful, tried to charge for the room twice, nowhere to eat a meal near by unless have transport. worst bit having to stand in tiny shower to sit on the toilet! main entrance nice thats about it, breakfast shight!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LaylaAussieinU_K
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 14 May 2007

The Park Hotel Staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. End
Please do not stay in Ciampano the area is dirty, and Scary. Even My thug sister in Law who is Hard Knock was Scared. The Pool in the back was green, and the Dog from Summer of Sam was barking all night. I am very grateful I was able to leave Ciampano unharmed the following day. The hotel is very close to the airport and is very easy to get to.

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank dlist25
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marino
Excel Hotel Roma Ciampino
Tenuta Cusmano
Tenuta Cusmano
#1 of 4 in Grottaferrata
Villa Tuscolana Park Hotel

Been to One Park Hotel? Share your experiences!