“More than we expected”
Review of One Park Hotel

One Park Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Marino
Reviewed 16 September 2013

So me and my partner have just returned after staying a week at the one park hotel, at first i was very worried about staying here purely because we are students and this is what our budget could allow for us.... However upon arrival (after our transfer FINALLY found the place) we were greeted by a rather smiling receptionist who spoke to me by name before i even told him who i was, whichi thought was lovely. We explained that we were hungry as it had been a long day and was the restaurant still open, so before checking in he took our bags for us and said we should go eat and when we return our keys and luggage will be waiting, which i thought was lovely....

The food in the restaurant was lovely (and lots of it), it felt like proper home cooked italian food, which is what we wanted... The only problem was after our first night eating in the hotel a party of 60 had booked the restaurant for the rest of stay meaning we couldn't eat their again, which we found dissapointing as for 15euros 4 courses was a bargain.

The actual room itself was clean and tidy, with all the appropriate features e.g. air-conditioning, bed, desk, bathroom, towells, soaps etc and it had a tv which was a surprise to us(even though we found 2 english speaking channels, 6 and 39) .

The walk to the train station was not far at all, less than 10minutes and has a lovely little bar/cafe next door to it which we would sit and have a drink in before the train..

The train must have a ticket purchased before at the local shop and then have it validated in the machine at the station, which we did for the first three days.. Until the 4th day we had no change for a ticket so decided to buy on board (YOU CANNOT BUY ON BOARD) and therefore we travelled in and out of rome for free.
The road to the station is a pain to cross, as when the lights say its ok to walk cars still try and drive along, however we found if you stand your ground and cross they stop as they know we have right of way...

Overall i thought this hotel was more than we expected friendly staff, nice food, clean rooms and breakfast was basic, but i wasn't expecting fancy with the price we had paid, simply cereal, cheese, ham, bread and fruit and yoghurt, which sutied me..

I would definately reccomend this hotel if your looking for somewhere to simply sleep (which is what we did) after spending hours in Rome it is a nice place to come back and just sleep...

Only concern of mine is do not travel with children or people that can't sleep due to noise, airport is very close and hear planes and the bar next to the hotel plays loud music thursday-monday evenings.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jelly90

Reviewed 15 May 2013

The hotel staff are very poor. On arrival there was one dismissive guy at the desk. No welcoming smile - we waited for him to give us the expected information but it never came. It was a case of here's your key get on with it. This attitude continued through to all of the staff - the breakfast was one of the worst continental breakfasts ever....do not expect too much here or any service. I wouldn't say like some other reviewers have experienced, that the staff were rude, but I would agree that they simply just aren't bothered and show indifference. I would agree that it was as if, it was like a favour to answer any questions we had.

Watch out for the taxis, do your home work and don't be ripped off. From the airport (2km) we were given a price of 40euros - when we refused to pay this and got into another we ended up paying 20euros it really is a maximum of 10 mins to the hotel.

Directions to train/bus are badly signed, what signs!? when we did arrive along with another couple sent from one park hotel the train didn't even arrive - so we ordered a taxi which conveniently had 15euros on the meter even before we set off - this cost us 42 euros into the city.

The Main attractions are great. Rome really is a beautiful city, getting around from this location however is poor, along with poor directions, rip off taxis poor poor customer service - there are better budget hotels out there.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ditulip
Reviewed 16 April 2013

After booking my holiday through Lowcostholidays we decided to stay at the One Park for 4 nights. I was dubious at first as we wanted to stay in a 4 star but the One Park seemed ok from the pictures so we gave it a go. During our stay the hotel staff were very friendly and helped with any queries we had. The rooms were more than adequate and they even had HD Tv's which we were very pleased with. The location is a quiet village called Santa Maria Delle Mole, there are shops located nearby and the train station is only a 7 minute walk from the hotel. The trains run every 20-30 minutes and it is a 15 minute trip to Termini where you can jump the metro to all the sights Rome has to offer. I would definately stay at the One Park again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Felice G
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I've recently come back from staying 3 nights here and had a fantastic weekend. A well priced hotel outside of Rome. The neighbourhood's fine, we didn't really see any locals. The staff were friendly and helpful and the restaurant was good home cooked food. The walk to the train station is 12 minutes (timed) and is easy enough to find (crossing the main road is fun!). When we go back to Rome, we will stay within the city limits only because the last train is at 10pm, but if it's a cheap, basic, clean hotel you're after then I recommend this one. It's ideal for a base to sleep, wash, eat breakfast, if a little out of the way. If you like complaining about things then don't stay here because you'll always find fault.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DionneTony
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We booked here through expedia as we were flying back from Rome and needed a hotel near to the airport. Well there are not many too choose from!

I can only describe this as a Formula 1 or Travel Lodge trying to be something it is not!

My room (312) stunk of cigarette smoke, it was a small room with a hardboard bed, a shower cubicle suitable for 2 year olds. The staff were very good and seemed friendly, the restaurant was ok. Food was acceptable, plain and not fancy, ok!

Great value hotel, there is no competition and they know it!

Trying to find it, get SatNav is our advice!

Room Tip: Stay out of town!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard A
Reviewed 2 April 2011

1. Worst location
In the middle of nowhere, it is located near the airport, but still far from Rome. You have to take a bus and a metro or a train directly to the Rome termini station
2. Worst service
The staffs are not very welcome at all, especially the receptionist. very, very, very rude.. and not helping at all..
3. Worst breakfast
The same thing over and over again..
4. Worst room
Smelly, the air conditioning wasn't working especially the bathroom condition. the draining wasn't working properly so there was flood every time we finished shower.

So the conclusion is THE WORST HOTEL EVER..

Don't let the cheap price fooled you, it is cheap because they have NO QUALITY AT ALL..

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mae_SM
Reviewed 8 December 2010

We were sent to this hotel by our airline (Ryanair Europe) when our flight was cancelled. The entrance hall was bright and clean looking. Don't be fooled however as this is just a cover for what's awaiting in your room. The first room we were given was in the basement. It looked clean but we noticed some discrete little critters crawling on the floor as we entered. One of them I had accidentally stepped on and it look liked a crunched cockroach, but as I never saw one live in my life before and given it's state, I couldn't be sure. I didn't take a chance as my 13 year old daughter was quite concerned about the insect and asked for a second room. The front deck clerck had no reaction when I suggested there were insects in the room and after I insisted to get another room on an upper floor, he realigned his reservations and gave us a room on the 3rd floor (which really is the level just above the ground level). After checking the room promptly as I turned the lights on and doing a visual inspection including in the bathroom (I wasn't brave enough however to open drawers or closet doors), we moved to inspect the beds. The first one was fine but when I opened the sheets of the secon one, a huge cockroach came "flying" out of there, crawling under the bed faster than anyother bug I saw before. I had seen cockroaches on tv and online before and therer no longer was an ydoubt in my mind that this is exactly what it was. My daughter was terrorized, crying and shaking with fear. We litterally ran to the front desk to complain about the presence of cockroaches int he room and again, the front desk clerk offered no reaction whatsoever, no denying or surprise, he simply answered that they were fully booked. A women in the waiting area came to talk to us an ackowledged what we had encountered, indicating she and her husband had been stuck there for 3 days. Well let me tell you we didn't stick around for 3 seconds after that. We grabbed the first taxi we saw and asked to be driven right back to the center of Roma. This was a very traumatizing experience to both my daughter and I and will shadow our beautiful memories of our stay in Roma. Shame on you One Park Hotel! I sincerely wish that the health department comes and shut you down.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Gatineau9249
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marino
Excel Hotel Roma Ciampino
#2 of 2 in Frattocchie
No photo provided
Ai Vecchi Tempi
#5 of 6 in Marino

Been to One Park Hotel? Share your experiences!