“Amazing resto!!!”

Crystal Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 34 Restaurants in Zvolen
Cuisines: European
Description: The best value lunch and dinner in Europe. I think so. Run by the town's catering school, you receive superb food and service at bargain prices.
Reviewed 22 November 2012

We were really surprised what a amazing time we could experienced inrestaurant in such a little town as Zvolen is. The food, the stuff, the wine..everything was just perfect and it the restaurant could compete with high level placed restaurants in capitals.
You would never say the stuff is composed of students of hotel academy and gastro professionals. We recommend this restaurant for every occasion.

1  Thank Petr H

Reviewed 12 October 2012

The food is fine and the service is fine . Not my favorite but still a good option when i want to go somewhere a little different.

1  Thank DarenCarter
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This restaurant is in a great location in an old building beside a beautiful old church. We sat out on the patio and had great service...and food! As for service, apparently the servers all go to a restaurant school and this is where they practice/learn their chops. So, they take their job very seriously and it shows.

I can honestly say that they served me the best filet mignon i've ever had. They even had a well stocked rum bar which was the clincher for me. My wife had fish and she thought it was excellent. The menu is somewhat limited in what they have to offer but there is the old saying " quality, not quantity" that really applies here. Highly recommended, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Excellent service, tasty food for an affordable price and good choice of wine.

The terrace outside is well furnished, thus to try again again during the summertime (today it was a bit too cold).

Reviewed 27 September 2012

I was visiting some friends in Zvolen and decided after reading the TripAdvisor reviews on restaurants in Zvolen to take my friends out to dinner in the Crystal Bar and Restaurant and I was bitterly disappointed by the food, wine and the service. I had asked for Sherry as an aperitif and was given a glass of Port Wine as they had no sherry. I selected a really nice medium sweet Slovak wine from the wine menu costing about 25 Euros and was told that they had none in stock but I was offered another which was supposed to be very similar. The similarity seemed to be only in the price for at first taste, although it did seem similar, by the end of the first glass it rapidly became apparent that this equivalent wine was more like a dessert wine, it was just too sweet. The wine was placed in such a way that we could not serve it ourselves and it took repeated requests before someone would top up our glasses. The service was very slow and the food when it arrived was a bit overdone, especially the vegetables. I love the way the Slovaks make French fries but was told that in this class of restaurant they only served baked or fried potatoes and yet in the nearby city of Banska Bystrica the two best restaurants in the city served me with delicious French fries. Needless to say the baked potatoes were a bit overdone. I had hoped to give my friends a nice dining experience but it was more like a nightmare, a very pricy nightmare. When I asked my friends opinion about the food etc they said that they much preferred the Arcadia Hotel restaurant in Zvolen and that's where we will dine next time I am in Zvolen.