“Excellent!”

Hostal Revash
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Chachapoyas
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is the best hotel in Chachapoyas I think.
The location is in fron of Armas Park,friendly stuff who is speaking in English very well and they are also tourist guide.
We enjoyed in 3 tours with them.There're many tourist office,but only 2 companies have some guide speaking English,this hotel & travel agency is one of them.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
Bavaria, Germany
Reviewed 27 March 2014

No security, the roomkeys lie open in the reception without observing from the stuff and the elderly womanowner is aggressive, especially with tours selling and has no manner. Never again! I have to commit that her sons were kind. And comparing to the other wonderful hostal was it too expensive. We mooved annoyed out and the other hostal next to it had a better value for the same price, the room had more light, was cleaner and bigger and even the television was huge and in funcion. So, not to recommend! Also very cold rooms...

Room Tip: Never! Nunca!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nora M
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have to start by saying that the tour guide named Augusto, who is just brilliant, talented, and has a great sense of humor, makes up for some of the unpleasant experiences I had right before leaving. Tours to Kuelep and Revfash with Augusto were high quality and very enjoyable. He speaks at least Spanish, English, French, German (I believe) and only he knows what more! His knowledge is extensive and if you get him as your guide, you are in good hands right down to lunch recommendations.
On the other hand, I inquired about a tour to Karajia for the day prior to my night bus. I made it very clear to Carlos that I had a bus that night, leaving promptly at 7:30 and he assured me, more than once, that I would be back by 5:30-NO later. The tour got off to a very late start (was supposed to start at 7:45 and did not leave town until 8:45/9:00), the driver was very nice but had never driven to the first stop, the guide clearly had little knowledge of what we needed to take care of or how to keep her group together and and moving along. We stopped at Quiocta Caves (not to be confused with Catarata de Gocta falls) we had to rent boots because of the mud inside and it was the worst tour ever. We did not have enough lighting, we had a 14 year old local boy cutting school as our guide b/c ours knew nothing of the cave, and people were falling down because they could not see & it was too slippery therefor getting very muddy with mud with bat droppings (it was all you could smell-yuck!) So, people were muddy for the rest of the very LONG day. AVOID the cave at all cost-it was stupid with NOTHING to see-literally, nothing of interest even when you had a light!!! I made it clear to the guide that I needed to be back by 6:30 earlier in the day and again several times and it was becoming more clear I may not make it. Lunch stop was so so at best until someone got sick on the food when at Karajia. The long and terrible road to Karajia was possibly not worth the trip and may have contributed to the woman getting ill. It was a least one km steep walk down to what was small statues peached up on a cliff. You see replicas of them around Chachapoyas-maybe that should be good enough and I love this type of stuff usually.
Anyway, after a REALLY long day and much stress, we rolled into town at 7:18 pm and the guide talked to rest of the tour into not getting off at their hotels first so that I stand a chance at making my bus. A nice gesture by the guide and tour members but all could have been avoided if Carlos had been honest with me from the beginning. Just say the day is too long and you could miss your bus instead of just wanting some more soles (55 to be exact) from me-that is what this came down to. I left with mud on my clothes and wearing shorts because i had no time to change for my overnight bus. I was so irritated with Carlos and could hardly keep in sight my other very positive experiences. I would suggest not paying until you return to make sure you get what you need-there were quite a few people on many tours that did not pay in advance. Do the same so you have some leverage!!!!!
The hotel was average and there are plenty of options in Chachapoyas.

Room Tip: My room was 30 soles-a single with private bathroom but you could hear lots of noise from people wa...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank dreaming_away_out_sb
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We recommend this for people with a variety of budgets, since there are a variety of rooms and rates. They are more than happy to show you room choices. We splurged on room 203 overlooking the interesting and lively central plaza at 90 soles. The wi fi was operational at all times, although it may not reach all rooms in which case one can simply use the public space. There was always hot water, but it is warm rather than hot in the evening as we were forewarned after everyone has returned from day trips and taken a shower. The proprietors are friendly and were helpful in making good eating recommendations, helping us find a good way back to Tarapoto, ironing out difficulties, etc. Hotel Revash runs a tour agency; if one is going to Kuelap, definitely use them for a trip guided by Augusto who is multilingual, knowledgeable, helpful and friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Stayed here 4 nights in Oct 2012. Lovely colonial style architecture & hot showers. Opted for cheaper ground floor room ($20 for double). Staff helpful but quite pushy at selling their own tours. We felt obliged to do one with them even though we paid a higher price; they seemed to know our every move! We did 3 tours in chachapoyas but only 1 with them (they''re slightly more pricey).
Quiet room and central location but one night had loud talking guests nextdoor; both the hotel and we had to ask them to pipe down!!

Room Tip: Ask to view them; they wanted to sell US the most expensive room, but the cheaper one was fine, just...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Over-all we found the hostel to be clean and comfortable with a nice ambience. We decided to leave after one night not due to any discomfort but because we couldn't get the internet to work with our laptops. (Their wi-fi seemed to be working-it was an issue on our end)

We returned from breakfast with the intention of checking out when we found the windows wide open to the world so that anyone passing by could have seen our laptops, passports, everything lying on the bed. There were bars on the windows but that's besides the point. We use our laptops to work while we travel but we don't like advertising to people that we have them. We said as much to them as we checked out and the woman got really flustered and seemed to take it really personally that we were leaving.

Dude, we weren't mad. Alls we're saying is they need to NOT open their guests windows if they're not going to have some privacy curtains or something put on. Otherwise this place is decent, clean, and comfortable.

Just maybe go ahead and tell them ahead of time not to open your windows while your not at home.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We spend 2 nights he. Rooms are good, with a hot water, tv and free wi-fe but very slow.
The place is very quiet at night.We have only one problem when we reserved tour.
Next morning 30 mins before the trip came a staff who informed us, the tour will be canceled, because a guide have to go to church. Of course we have been up set and quickly left to buy the tour with other agency.
Think it isn't possible to do this, because all people who are travel have scheduled trip as we had. The lady who works there, I think she knowingly lied when she tried to apologized and when we paid she put to check 5 soles more as a tax explaining that it is normal in Chachapoyas.
We staid in many places in Peru and nobody did it to us.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple